R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #586
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

[QUOTE=bassman2;12199243]Shawn, it only took 1 year to convince you that Serpent GT is a great car.......Great win buddy. Now go out there and win some more!!!!! but be careful, it is addicting.[/QUOTE

Been twisting his arm for longer then that about getting a Cobra, I almost had to get therapy over the entire subject.

WELCOME TO THE "DARKSIDE" Sucka!! LMAO

And you welcome LRP Line of products are race proven, with a Lil Lunatic mojo.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #587
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tonylunatic;12199347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
Shawn, it only took 1 year to convince you that Serpent GT is a great car.......Great win buddy. Now go out there and win some more!!!!! but be careful, it is addicting.[/QUOTE

Been twisting his arm for longer then that about getting a Cobra, I almost had to get therapy over the entire subject.

WELCOME TO THE "DARKSIDE" Sucka!! LMAO
At least it didn't almost cost your friendship with Shawn. Man, when he first found out I got a Serpent Cobra GT he chewed my butt off over the phone, I thought I was going to loose him as a friend...ha...ha...ha...ha.....I am glad he came to the "BRIGHTSIDE" finally. I like to refer "BRIGHTSIDE" as Serpent.....Positive image baby!!! Positive image!!!
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #588
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=bassman2;12199492]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post

At least it didn't almost cost your friendship with Shawn. Man, when he first found out I got a Serpent Cobra GT he chewed my butt off over the phone, I thought I was going to loose him as a friend...ha...ha...ha...ha.....I am glad he came to the "BRIGHTSIDE" finally. I like to refer "BRIGHTSIDE" as Serpent.....Positive image baby!!! Positive image!!!
lol.....Brightside it is! First part of recovery is admitting you are in denial!.....next time just beat me over the head or something.
Hobby Express - www.TheHobbyExpress.com
BIGCAT TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #589
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

[QUOTE=BIGCAT TX;12199520]
Quote:

lol.....Brightside it is! First part of recovery is admitting you are in denial!.....next time just beat me over the head or something.
Now if we can just pry that "other car" away, he'll be a full convert! Lol! Great driving this weekend!
Thunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #590
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=bassman2;12199492]
Quote:

I'm trying to work Gus over into the "Brightside" also! The only thing that's going to suck is he will get faster and I'll have more chasing to do
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #591
Tech Master

[QUOTE=BIGCAT TX;12199520]
Quote:

No need to tell me twice, at least now it's in writing to beat ya over the head!!

And so everyone knows.. He was the one that referred the Serpent Cobra as going over to the Dark side, he was avoiding like the plague! Thank god for free mobile to mobile, we burned hours and batteries on the phone discussing the topic!! Just glad to see you were you need to be, I TOLD YOU SO!! There it's said, LMAO!!

Can't wait till Byrons, are we there yet??
Old 05-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #592
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=tonylunatic;12201006]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX View Post

No need to tell me twice, at least now it's in writing to beat ya over the head!!

And so everyone knows.. He was the one that referred the Serpent Cobra as going over to the Dark side, he was avoiding like the plague! Thank god for free mobile to mobile, we burned hours and batteries on the phone discussing the topic!! Just glad to see you were you need to be, I TOLD YOU SO!! There it's said, LMAO!!

Can't wait till Byrons, are we there yet??
Hey relax Tony, don't turn into Chad from last year. After the 1st qualifier he had to go apologize to everyone on the driverstand because he was so excited prior start of the 1st qualifier.......Sorry Chad, it was too funny when I heard it from you so I thought I would share it.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:17 PM   #593
Tech Master

[QUOTE=bassman2;12201150]
Quote:

Hey relax Tony, don't turn into Chad from last year. After the 1st qualifier he had to go apologize to everyone on the driverstand because he was so excited prior start of the 1st qualifier.......Sorry Chad, it was too funny when I heard it from you so I thought I would share it.
You mean "Dozer"!! LMAO I'm sure they guys at Joliet will remember him from last year... when we get there pretty sure there's a bullseye on his back once we get off the plane...... LOL
Old 05-29-2013, 05:42 AM   #594
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=tonylunatic;12201292]
Quote:

You mean "Dozer"!! LMAO I'm sure they guys at Joliet will remember him from last year... when we get there pretty sure there's a bullseye on his back once we get off the plane...... LOL
LOL!!!!! Wow, Chad the "Dozer".......Nice.....ha...ha...ha..ha. Chad, you know we love you man.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #595
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What's an alpha soft equal to in sweeps? 45 or 50 shores???
66 Box Nova all motor LSX
1966ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #596
Tech Regular

Quick question.. Are any of you guys seeing excessive front tire wear from the box set up? I've been running Sweep 45's the last 3 weeks and have been going though a set per race day? I reached out to Sweep & on another thread here asking what I should expect and seem to be the odd one out in the longevity department. I was told going with the 10 degree camber blocks and 0 degree knuckles would help my wear problems.. Before I rush out and buy the 0 degree knuckles (already have the 10 degree blocks) I thought I would ask here?
D.a.v.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #597
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Im running the 10 deg casters also.. Whats the difference with these o deg steeringblocks? Whats stock?
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #598
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran the alpha softs for 50 minutes at the last race with minimal signs of wear.....almost perfectly even wear from side to side on every tire..... You have to set up your toe/camber appropriately for you cars set up on front & rear regardless of steering blocks or hubs... I am running the zero degree blocks and 10 degree hubs.
I think the LRP arms help too.....keeps the arms stiff so there is a bit less flex/wear overall.
I could be wrong but this is just my experience.
Hobby Express - www.TheHobbyExpress.com
BIGCAT TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #599
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPete View Post
Im running the 10 deg casters also.. Whats the difference with these o deg steeringblocks? Whats stock?
I believe stock is 5 degree's. So if I understand correctly going with the 10 degree blocks & 0 degree hubs will net one a total decrease of 7 degrees?

If I modify the kick angle am I also changing the caster angle? i.e. #3 high in the back (FR)of front diff and low in the front (FF)? If so how much?

Last edited by D.a.v.e; 05-29-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #600
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX View Post
I ran the alpha softs for 50 minutes at the last race with minimal signs of wear.....almost perfectly even wear from side to side on every tire..... You have to set up your toe/camber appropriately for you cars set up on front & rear regardless of steering blocks or hubs... I am running the zero degree blocks and 10 degree hubs.
I think the LRP arms help too.....keeps the arms stiff so there is a bit less flex/wear overall.
I could be wrong but this is just my experience.
Have you tried running without the alt hubs & blocks? Wondering if you saw any different wear pattern before the change?

I've been running -2 & -3 camber per the setup sheet & toe was -1 I think per the setup sheet and measured using a Hudy system.