R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #481
Tech Fanatic
 
Joseph16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure View Post
mid off power if I had to choose ...I have been told Im a on\off driver....
If you want more rotation in the rear off power use a 30k.
Try using a softer bar in the rear too, that may help you, but try one thing at the time so can identified that changes.
__________________
Serpent America & Desoto Racing.
Picco - Arrowmax.
PT RC Racing Oils.
Neal Smith Mods.
Alpha Tires and Body.
Joseph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #482
Tech Addict
 
bassman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UT/TX/IN/PA
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by team mugen View Post
Thanks for all the tips on the gt set up. We just had our first GT race here in the Philippines and my Cobra was fast and planted during the qualifying till the 1 hour main. TQd and got 1st after the long 1 hour main with my Novarossi bonito /buku/sweep tire. Here s a couple pictures.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
It is so nice to see 1/8 GT is growing in the country of Philippines as well. Keep up the good work guys. I would like to go there and do some 1/8 GT racings with guys as well.
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
2015 teams/sponsors:
Serpentamerica/Desoto Racing, Murnan Modified Motors, VP powermaster Fuel, Sweep Racing USA, Speed Passion, BUKU performance products
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #483
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure View Post
mid off power if I had to choose ...I have been told Im a on\off driver....
Lower your rear roll center by raising the inner link mounting point, The car will rotate into the turn off power.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #484
Tech Fanatic
 
team mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
It is so nice to see 1/8 GT is growing in the country of Philippines as well. Keep up the good work guys. I would like to go there and do some 1/8 GT racings with guys as well.
Hey Bassman: thanks bro and we will be happy to set a race if you happen to visit Philippines . Im very positive that 1/8 GT will grow in numbers. We have enough supports from Dogdone hobby shop here who carry serpent, novarossi, sweep and other stuff. Have fun bro.

Will share a short video of our race once im done uploading it
__________________
SERPENT COBRA GT/ SERPENT 747/ Hongnor X3 Sabre/ COBRA BUGGY/COBRA TRUGGY/ NOVAROSSI BTTS/BONITO/SANWA
team mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #485
Tech Regular
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 421
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by team mugen View Post
Hey Bassman: thanks bro and we will be happy to set a race if you happen to visit Philippines . Im very positive that 1/8 GT will grow in numbers. We have enough supports from Dogdone hobby shop here who carry serpent, novarossi, sweep and other stuff. Have fun bro.

Will share a short video of our race once im done uploading it
Great job on the race and your 'pictorial' to share with the rest of us GT/IGT types.

'BASSMAN' might need a fishing pole for that 'down-time' when he's not 'tweaking' his car !!!!

Is that 'HongNor' a 'buggy-conversion' they race in GT ??????
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #486
Tech Fanatic
 
team mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
Great job on the race and your 'pictorial' to share with the rest of us GT/IGT types.

'BASSMAN' might need a fishing pole for that 'down-time' when he's not 'tweaking' his car !!!!

Is that 'HongNor' a 'buggy-conversion' they race in GT ??????
Thanks bro. Thats the hongnor DM one. I dont think its the buggy conversion kit
__________________
SERPENT COBRA GT/ SERPENT 747/ Hongnor X3 Sabre/ COBRA BUGGY/COBRA TRUGGY/ NOVAROSSI BTTS/BONITO/SANWA
team mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #487
Tech Fanatic
 
mcsquish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Live at work, play in Toledo, OH
Posts: 826
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Please forgive my ignorance... I am wondering what the difference is between the stock suspension brackets and the optional ones? Also, is there a on-line hobby shop that carries Serpent parts that is near Ohio? I am looking for a place I can order parts in an emergency without having to pay a ton for quick shipping; by the time mlhs orders parts and I receive them it takes about 4 days.
__________________
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #488
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,881
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Anybody using the Werks 32mm clutch setup?
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #489
Tech Fanatic
 
team mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 986
Default

Bassman, here is the short video of our First GT race in the Philippines. 1st on the grid is my green car serpent and 2nd on the grid is another serpent car. Thanks

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
SERPENT COBRA GT/ SERPENT 747/ Hongnor X3 Sabre/ COBRA BUGGY/COBRA TRUGGY/ NOVAROSSI BTTS/BONITO/SANWA
team mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #490
Tech Adept
 
favo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default .

Hi team mugen

What kind of Novarossi motors and pipe combo did you guys use please ?

Thanks.........
favo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #491
Tech Regular
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 421
Smile

team mugen...............

Thanks for the race video. That first six minutes with 1 and 2 was intense. Showed some great driving AND sportsmanship. That sure looked like a great bunch of 'happy racers'.

I know that will get 'Bassman's' juices flowing !!!!!

I am also curious as to which Nova engines you guys are using........

Thanks
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #492
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
Please forgive my ignorance... I am wondering what the difference is between the stock suspension brackets and the optional ones? Also, is there a on-line hobby shop that carries Serpent parts that is near Ohio? I am looking for a place I can order parts in an emergency without having to pay a ton for quick shipping; by the time mlhs orders parts and I receive them it takes about 4 days.
600266 Higher rear lower pin (higher rear roll center)
600267 Lower rear lower pin (lower rear roll center)

600265 Use it to put more anti-squat on the rear
desotoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #493
Tech Master
 
DRRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by team mugen View Post
Bassman, here is the short video of our First GT race in the Philippines. 1st on the grid is my green car serpent and 2nd on the grid is another serpent car. Thanks

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Good racing
How new is the track? I have been to GP raceway and race at CV when there but where is this track located
Might go this summer and try it out

If I remember edward you were at the TC Elec World championships at Thailand and heard you did well
congratulations
__________________
Team Wife
Mugen Seiki Racing
Mugenracing.com
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #494
Tech Master
 
DRRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

what set up is everyone using
I am using the stock 300k F and 40K front but it is not responsive and wont turn in quick. Paolo's set up says 200K and will try it. Is this a good set up for Porter track?
__________________
Team Wife
Mugen Seiki Racing
Mugenracing.com
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #495
Tech Fanatic
 
team mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by favo View Post
Hi team mugen

What kind of Novarossi motors and pipe combo did you guys use please ?

Thanks.........
Hello. Im using the Novarossi bonito tuned with 41001 manifold n 9886 tunepipe. Its fantastic. Some other drivers use the Novarossi btt world champ with the same manifold n tunepipe.
__________________
SERPENT COBRA GT/ SERPENT 747/ Hongnor X3 Sabre/ COBRA BUGGY/COBRA TRUGGY/ NOVAROSSI BTTS/BONITO/SANWA
team mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread SweepRacingUSA Nitro On-Road 782 12-04-2016 06:09 PM
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 04:11 AM
Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy Preston777 Nitro Off-Road 11732 04-22-2016 11:59 AM
2010 Ipanema US GT Nationals September 3rd through 5th JLock Racing Forum 220 11-01-2010 06:05 PM


Tags
serpent 977, serpent cobra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0