Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rave1010hk
My 811 GTe

where can that porsche body be had????
Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1966ss
where can that porsche body be had????
I believe you can get them at IGTHobbies.com.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Alas the creation of my Serpent! I made my debut this year at the Timezone event a month or so ago. My first big race and wow what an experience! Some of you may recall I was one of two guys running the Team C GT8 but I am happy to say I've crossed over to the darkside. As an owner of the 3 main chassis we use in this class I can easily say the Serpent has impressed me the most! When I built my Team C GT8 and GT8L I was blown away at the quality and design of the cars. Little did I know what I had in store at a later date. Friday the UPS man shows up at my door with a little tiny box that well didn't look like it had a kit in it... I was wrong! I began the build and right away I noticed some extremely innovative engineering on this bad boy. I wont spoil it for those who have yet to build a Serpent but the ones who have know what Im talking about. Hands down the best build Ive done to date and I cant wait to make this thing scream. Well done Serpent!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Alas the creation of my Serpent! I made my debut this year at the Timezone event a month or so ago. My first big race and wow what an experience! Some of you may recall I was one of two guys running the Team C GT8 but I am happy to say I've crossed over to the darkside. As an owner of the 3 main chassis we use in this class I can easily say the Serpent has impressed me the most! When I built my Team C GT8 and GT8L I was blown away at the quality and design of the cars. Little did I know what I had in store at a later date. Friday the UPS man shows up at my door with a little tiny box that well didn't look like it had a kit in it... I was wrong! I began the build and right away I noticed some extremely innovative engineering on this bad boy. I wont spoil it for those who have yet to build a Serpent but the ones who have know what Im talking about. Hands down the best build Ive done to date and I cant wait to make this thing scream. Well done Serpent!
I have to agree that this Cobra GT was truly designed and engineered with pure racing in mind. Great car for a great class!!!

Andy Liu "Flyin Hawaiian"
Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Serpent Cobras dominate Nova Challenge taking positions 1-3 & TQ. The main was a great battle between Desoto & Morganti with Morganti taking the win. The two spent most of the race bumper to bumper back and forth until Desoto suffered some crash damage while passing another car at about the 25 minute mark. Two more Cobras, Jose Almonte and Ray Boogie, fought for 3rd until Ray dropped out with some mechanical problems.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

nice...
Old 08-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone have a set up for this car? shocks oil, springs, ride hight etc.?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

a good all around engine.... is a onroad 21 engine better than off road engine for this car?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
y didnt u get paolo setup while he was at the track?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
Paulo has 3 sheets on the Serpent site.

BTW get the Ally 2 speed bulkheads if you like brakes !!

Jacko
Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does any body know Mike Lyday's email address ?? Or PM Handle etc

Jacko
Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

I know it.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll bet you do , Mike.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Default i wish i had

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
y didnt u get paolo setup while he was at the track?
If I had I wouldn't be asking "dingle berry" I barely understand the car and I probable made some mistakes while building it........do you happen to know which engines are better between on-road and off engines for this application? My engine is not working out at all......problem getting it run even the expert could get it to stay running.

If anyone else is able help on suggested set up for this it would be apppricated. thanks
Old 08-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Maiden run of my Serpent
Finally got my race machine all put together and running well. First day at the track will be tomorrow and I plan on being busy dialing in my set up. We have a tight shorter track up here so my gearing reflects. I also picked up the 10 deg caster blocks for that extra bite. Powered by a Novarossi 35 Plus Tuned this thing is scary fast. Im going to try Whites in the front and yellows in the rear with 12s at first and see if I can get it to plant like Paolo Really impressive build, cant wait for tomorrow! Rest of my set up is the stock set up from the sheet in the box. Ill post my changes if anyone is interested after the race tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.