Old 07-26-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Where can I get replacement pull start for stock engine
Old 07-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blackrain
Where can I get replacement pull start for stock engine
I would take the opportunity to convert to starter box. It's quite a bit easier in my opinion. Something like the Xceed starter box is quite cheap really.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I would take the opportunity to convert to starter box. It's quite a bit easier in my opinion. Something like the Xceed starter box is quite cheap really.
That's what I did when my pull start broke. I bought the of a starter box which work very well.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trying to stay away from doing start box. I just got back into nitro, I mainly run 1/5 and my serpent will be my only nitro. When I did run nitro I had 2 start boxes ofna and I sold everything when I got out only kept my ignitor and tools I would feel like a fool to by back all that stuff again. Right now my serpent is just a roller but I'm looking at the roto start novarossi 28-7 and I'm looking to switch it to pull start hoping it shares same pull start as stock motor. I use to own to hot mod novarossi 528 8 port before I got out of nitro so I would like to get another.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trying to stay away from doing start box. I just got back into nitro, I mainly run 1/5 and my serpent will be my only nitro. When I did run nitro I had 2 start boxes ofna and I sold everything when I got out only kept my ignitor and tools I would feel like a fool to by back all that stuff again. Right now my serpent is just a roller but I'm looking at the roto start novarossi 28-7 and I'm looking to switch it to pull start hoping it shares same pull start as stock motor. I use to own to hot mod novarossi 528 8 port before I got out of nitro so I would like to get another.
I think the crankcase is different and it isn't a straightforward thing to do. You'd be better off buying an engine with pullstart already fitted. Like the Novarossi RTR engine that comes with the cobra rtr kit. My issue with pullstart is that it's only the budget rtr engines that are compatible with pullstarts. For me I'd just bite the bullet and get a starter box. They aren't exactly expensive. Plenty of used ones for 50 bucks.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I know not much to choose from when it comes to pull start when dealing with O.S, Rb and Novarossi. If I do I always had good luck with the ofna aluminum top starter box. I also like the novarossi roma and o.s
.21xz
Old 07-30-2015, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

I know not much to choose from when it comes to pull start when dealing with O.S, Rb and Novarossi. If I do I always had good luck with the ofna aluminum top starter box. I also like the novarossi roma and o.s
.21xz
At the moment I think the best bang for buck in the GT world is the Picco EMX-GT engine IMHO. Again not pull start unfortunately. Personally I think the roma wouldn't have the top end for the GT when compared to the Picco.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default C-Hub + Steering block

Hi again Serpent,

I need some help again. I installed 600611 (steering block) and 600694 (C-Hub) 1 month ago in the front and I lose the screws regularly while driving. Do you have any tips except loctite?

Thank you. I got 1 image attached
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-img_0154.jpg  
Old 08-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Looks like you are using a button head screw. Also looks like you've damaged the head of the screw by trying to re-tighten over and over again.

Try changing to a cap head screw. You'll get a deeper hole to insert a hex wrench. More torque on the screw means more holding power. Don't overtighten or you'll strip the threads on your new aluminum C hub.

Originally Posted by gurke
Hi again Serpent,

I need some help again. I installed 600611 (steering block) and 600694 (C-Hub) 1 month ago in the front and I lose the screws regularly while driving. Do you have any tips except loctite?

Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-cap-head-screw.jpg  
Old 08-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default C hub + steering block

Originally Posted by R&TRacer
Looks like you are using a button head screw. Also looks like you've damaged the head of the screw by trying to re-tighten over and over again.

Try changing to a cap head screw. You'll get a deeper hole to insert a hex wrench. More torque on the screw means more holding power. Don't overtighten or you'll strip the threads on your new aluminum C hub.
Yes, I replaced the screw already.

I don't think that the excess of force you can apply on cap head screws will solve my problem. And I don't like the solution tbh :-) I thought I could solve it with a screw lock but unfortunately the screw has to turn with the steering block =(
Old 08-08-2015, 02:25 PM
C@T
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=gurke;14131304]I thought I could solve it with a screw lock but unfortunately the screw has to turn with the steering block =([/QUOTE

The screw is not touching the Steering block. It attaches the sleeve rotating in the plastic bushing inserted in the c-hub.

So blue loctide should not be a problem, as long as you do not poor the full bottle in.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Hey All .....

Is anyone looking at going to this race?
Looks like being a good one!

If we get just a few more GT's we'll be able to get two full mains.

Check it out.....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...th-2015-a.html

Regards
BM
Old 08-13-2015, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gurke
Hi again Serpent,

GT cars have quite a lot of vibration mainly due to the tyres/wheels being out of balance (especially the sweeps) so you will get screws that join metal to metal parts coming loose. The only way is to use loctite on these. You don't need to use very much just a tiny dab is enough. Too much and it becomes difficult to remove the screw. In my experience on the rattle snake you have no other real option. I would recommend all the steering rack screws as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.