Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
50% throttle I was believing the story till then.
LMAO,

Believe it or not brother, it's the God's honest truth. I'm still smiling about my experience. I have been a Pro racer for a long time and it's very hard to truly impress me. Especially when racing, the cars always look like they are going in slow motion when driving.

But this was not the case, I was coming off the stand saying Holly Crap that is FASSSST!!!

BTW, ask Marcus he was the one that set up the carb.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

J its true and the reason is because what i typically do when breaking in REDS engines is after the initial bench tanks are done i run 5 tanks at 50% mechanical carb settings ( remove carbs and set endpoint so that it only opens up 50%). And then drive the car normally, quick shift and at 200*. Well after the run in tanks were done as I began leaning it out it had more than enough power so I decided to just race tune it with the same settings and see how it reacted! Well to our surprise even at 50% throttle it was simply almost too fast! Took Tony a few tanks to get used to the power and not overshoot turns! I can safely say that his car had at least 5 or 6mph more speed than any of us even me! His car was coming off the track at 218* which IMO is the perfect temp for these engines. Put it this way we had to tighten up shift points because if it shifted early in the middle of the track it would power surge so quick that you almost could not get on the brakes fast enough to slow it down!

One thing about REDS engines that you should know is that the ports are HUGE! the 5pt flows like most 7pts and the 7pt flows more than any typical 9port. A good comparo to think about is that the REDS GT engine comes with a 9mm venturi and will still get at least 10min of runtime on a cold day and upwards of 11 when its hot outside. Put a 9mm on a Nova and watch how fast your economy drops. Now, you dont need a 9mm on a Nova to get the power but you see what I am saying. Its all about the VE (volumetric effeciency) of engines and the WC is a VERY efficient engine. I have to take my engine apart for maintenance this week and i will post pics of the ports for comparison.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Anyone going to homestead?
Old 01-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No...you're going to be there by yourself.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I was planning on going Bro, but as you know I got a new Job and I can't take off. I might fly out just for week end and pit for someone if needed.
I'm trying to see if I can make the Pacific Cup in Peru in March.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

I can't make it either .....
I am planning on getting to the Fireball Classic in NE.

Anyone planning on making that weekend?

Regards
BM
Old 01-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace

Regards
BM
I should be there .... Should have BBQ at track Saturday night ......
Old 01-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
I was planning on going Bro, but as you know I got a new Job and I can't take off. I might fly out just for week end and pit for someone if needed.
I'm trying to see if I can make the Pacific Cup in Peru in March.
Originally Posted by British Menace

Regards
BM

Thats too bad guys, this is going to be an epic battle! We are ready , last day of testing yesterday and both of our cars are pretty much dialed in. I will be running kosmic fuel for the weekend and Tony is using Sidewinder. We will both be running Alpha tires with TeamC bodies and REDS engines! And on that subject the speed of these engines is impressive! I am running the new M7GT-V2 engine (7pt ultra high RPM) and Tony will be running the WC which is a long stroke high RPM 7pt. Both of us have settled with 45/41 on my car and 45/40 on Tony's car. The 2069 pipe is the way to go and we are coming off the track at 190*!!

http://www.reds-racing-usa.com/on-road/m7gt
http://www.reds-racing-usa.com/on-road/m7wc
Old 01-13-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I should be there .... Should have BBQ at track Saturday night ......
Oooh ... I like BBQ. (Too much ... tend to eat too much)

I shall be there. Looking foreword to this one.

I wish I could make it with you Marcus to Florida. Would have been sooo very cool.
You'll like my car... I guess you'll have to wait until the Byrons race to see it.

Best of luck to you and Tony. Go fly the flag. It sounds like your ready

Regards
BM
Old 01-13-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Thats too bad guys, this is going to be an epic battle! We are ready , last day of testing yesterday and both of our cars are pretty much dialed in. I will be running kosmic fuel for the weekend and Tony is using Sidewinder. We will both be running Alpha tires with TeamC bodies and REDS engines! And on that subject the speed of these engines is impressive! I am running the new M7GT-V2 engine (7pt ultra high RPM) and Tony will be running the WC which is a long stroke high RPM 7pt. Both of us have settled with 45/41 on my car and 45/40 on Tony's car. The 2069 pipe is the way to go and we are coming off the track at 190*!!

http://www.reds-racing-usa.com/on-road/m7gt
http://www.reds-racing-usa.com/on-road/m7wc
Will Be an epic battle Marcus...Im looking forward to seeing the TeamC car with Reds Combo at homestead...There was a state race yesterday and the fast lap was a 20.15 with a serpent GT/Nova Roma combo ! I really think you guys with that high reving torquey motor should break into the 19's...Poalo has the lap record at 19.8's !! Looking forward to meeting You Marcus...
Old 01-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Will Be an epic battle Marcus...Im looking forward to seeing the TeamC car with Reds Combo at homestead...There was a state race yesterday and the fast lap was a 20.15 with a serpent GT/Nova Roma combo ! I really think you guys with that high reving torquey motor should break into the 19's...Poalo has the lap record at 19.8's !! Looking forward to meeting You Marcus...
Look for me!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Someone please photoshop this pic! I'm thinking Troy Polamalu hair and a handlebar mustache.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default PF Body on GT8

Hi guys, took some pics of my freshly painted PF body on my GT8. Thought I would share them. Please note the mesh in the grills and the "cat flapping" to all windows to help with the overheating issues

Old 01-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Links do not work on the thread but I looked at them from the subscription notice. Nicely done!!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

I tried the [img]url[/img] method but it put those little boxes that link it. How do you just past an image in like yours above? Sorry I'm only pretty new at posting pics and can put a thumbnail attachment etc in but thaught I would try the other method.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.