New body!

Looks way cool Marcus, very nice

Is that the R3 body??

Cheers Daz
Old 04-25-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Ceramic bearing need Acer Syn lube in them to last long and run cool : running them dry will cause this everytime.....
Sorry but this is not true,The MFG of my bearings suggested that in my application the bearings do not need lubrication I get my bearings direct from the factory, they probably know more than you and I both! Not only that but as i stated earlier all of my bearings are dry EXCEPT for the center case bearings. Last time it happened it happened with and AVID bearing that was greased. The gear case is the culprit which is why TeamC is addressing it with a new gear case that is made from a different material.

The best solution here is to shield the driveshaft from all the heat source around it , and grease just that bearing real good : grease absorbs heat.... Also polish the shaft where the bearing go onto to minimize friction... Lastly, make sure there is a slight(0.1mm) play between the input gear and the bevel gear(grease them well also).....
How does grease absorb heat? All heat does to grease is make in thinner and transfer the heat to whatever touches it, the grease stays inside the bearing so where does the heat go? DO NOT POLISH THE INPUT GEAR THAT WILL MAKE THE TOLERANCE BETWEEN THE INNER BEARING AND THE SHAFT LOOSE WHICH WILL IN TURN WEAR OUT THE PINION AND GEAR PREMATURELY. The input shaft drives the inner bearing there is no friction there because they rotate together. On a real car that bearing is pressed onto the shaft.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jazza
Looks way cool Marcus, very nice

Is that the R3 body??

Cheers Daz
Yes, I re drilled holes in the rear body mount to get it lower!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looks good Marcus , anyway, thanks for the heads up on the bearing . I will be keeping an eye on that this weekend . I got my car working pretty good , I will give you a call next week ..

Good luck at the race ......
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Polishing the axle is to be done lightly and not overdone. It will allow the bearing to spin around the axle in case it locks up because of dirt.
Bearings run better with oil in them whatever the manufacturers say: they will only say what is better for their bottom line ($) anyway... In that specific case I would use some Bestline Powertrain Lubricant, but I must agree that the case need to be made in a heat dissipating type material...
Old 04-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Practice went well today! Well I had some drama of course!! Broke a rod on my beloved OS..... so that sucked! replaced it with my RCShox modded 5pt Nova and was only a tenth off of the OS pace but the fuel consumption is a bit much, could only make 7min with it and that is with Merlin fuel so Wiggin dude is going to let me use his Rally game which should give me 10min of runtime.
Paolo is here as well as many other hotshoes! Paola sets his car on the track with new tires and within the first 7 laps starts crackin off 18 second laps! Right before that i was running 19.2's with new SWEEP 45's that normally take a tank or two to get scrubbed in so i didnt feel too bad, at that time all but a few were in the high 19's.
After scrubbing the tires in and playing with springs (more on that later!) i started cracking off high 18s with a best of 18.6 with what really was a car not working all that great, my consistency was off due to me driving lines that i normally dont like. knowing that an 18.6 followed by a 19.0 followed by an 18.8 etc etc while Paolo was in the 18's just about every lap is not going to do! Which means my setup needs to change. so i went back to my standard setup With Serpent yellow fronts and stock rear springs and the car got better. The track was heating up so i changed to SWEEP EXP 50's and they really worked well putting me at consistent 19.0's with some 18.8's int the mix! Then Wiggin dude showed up (Sean Moore) in his TeamC GT8 which is a twin sister of Aarons ride. He gets on the track and after getting his shift points, switching to Merlin fuel he started running mid 19's!! So he hands me his controller and after some tuning changes and me getting used to his car I start running low 19's with a best of 18.7 with Alpha tires! The Alphs dont have the fwd bite of SWEEP and dont really fit my style of driving but they have much better entry steering. SOOOO i change my front springs to stock kit Team C add some front toe out and the car is super consistent, at that time the sun was going down and the track was getting slower but i was running 19.0-19.2 every lap and not struggling to keep it there. At the end of the day I only heard Paolo and me running in the 18's ( i though i may have heard someone else but it was hard to hear, May have been desoto??)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Polishing the axle is to be done lightly and not overdone. It will allow the bearing to spin around the axle in case it locks up because of dirt.
Bearings run better with oil in them whatever the manufacturers say: they will only say what is better for their bottom line ($) anyway... In that specific case I would use some Bestline Powertrain Lubricant, but I must agree that the case need to be made in a heat dissipating type material...
These are on road cars, no dirt , no reason to polish. If the bearing locks up what difference does it make if the shaft is polished or not, its stilll going to self destruct!! Polishing changes the OD of the shaft even a light polish changes the clearance. You cannot hand polish a shaft and have it stay concentric with the pinion, you would have to have the shaft centerless ground. that pinion is probably spinning bout 10k RPMs!! how accurate can you hand polish? I am not a consumer I am a vendor and buy 1000's of bearings at a time, they have no reason to lie to me. EVERY RC vehicle i own has dry ceramics in them including my Off road buggies and i have never had one fail from being dry. I have been a machinist /engineer for over 25 years. Family owned machine shop has over 2 million dollars in CNC equipment, trust me when i say that i know what i am talking about. RC is simple compared to the parts i have made for NASA
Old 04-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Good TImess

I had a great day yesterday. I wish i could race with you guys this weekend. Its so nice to have the tech support out on the track. Thanks Marcus/ Tony... Everyone out there yesterday is so willing to lend a hand to help out. I love the car! It still needs some tuning on the 2 speed and i need to get the 40 tooth spur in the car. It tops out about 1/3 of the way down the straight... Need to try the sweeps.. Other than that.. its perfect. Motor is broken in and i have another back up on the way... so more breaking in next week...

I am going to try and book the trip to Chicago with you guys. I need to go see our other branches anyway... Kill 2 birds with one stone.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

NASA is easy ! Rc is difficult...lol...
Old 04-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Tech Champion

All and all even though once again i had crap luck in the main, the weekend went well. I ended up qualifying 4th and only a few seconds off of TQ. I feel like the third round my car was feeling much better and i think i could have secured at least a 3rd if not second spot but 3min into the qualifier rain started so they dropped everyones 3rd round leaving me at 4th.

In sunday practice while testing tires my car started twitching real bad like the battery was low but it wasnt so i had to borrow servos which ultimately worked. In between fixing my car, marshalling and pitting for Tony i barely got the car ready for the main and really did not know if it was fixed or not but nothing i could do about it at that point!
Flag drops, tone goes off and the top three got a little banged up and i shot through the mess and was out front! Paolo was hot on my tail but i was holding my ground! he and i battled hard for the first 5min! his car was much faster than mine and he could come in hotter but my car had more corner and exit speed so i could pull some ground on the infield but his car had more power and he would catch back up on the straight so it was a chess match! As the ALPHAs were warming up my car was getting quicker, and it was feeling good! I could get a run on him going into the straight and that kept him from passing me going into the sweeper. Whoever made the first mistake or.....................

The rest is history, I broke. But dicing it out with the world champ was fun and there are no doubts that the car is on the top level in this class! There is video, as soon as it gets sent to me i will post it up!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 04-29-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
All and all even though once again i had crap luck in the main, the weekend went well. I ended up qualifying 4th and only a few seconds off of TQ. I feel like the third round my car was feeling much better and i think i could have secured at least a 3rd if not second spot but 3min into the qualifier rain started so they dropped everyones 3rd round leaving me at 4th.

In sunday practice while testing tires my car started twitching real bad like the battery was low but it wasnt so i had to borrow servos which ultimately worked. In between fixing my car, marshalling and pitting for Tony i barely got the car ready for the main and really did not know if it was fixed or not but nothing i could do about it at that point!
Flag drops, tone goes off and the top three got a little banged up and i shot through the mess and was out front! Paolo was hot on my tail but i was holding my ground! he and i battled hard for the first 5min! his car was much faster than mine and he could come in hotter but my car had more corner and exit speed so i could pull some ground on the infield but his car had more power and he would catch back up on the straight so it was a chess match! As the ALPHAs were warming up my car was getting quicker, and it was feeling good! I could get a run on him going into the straight and that kept him from passing me going into the sweeper. Whoever made the first mistake or.....................

The rest is history, I broke. But dicing it out with the world champ was fun and there are no doubts that the car is on the top level in this class! There is video, as soon as it gets sent to me i will post it up!
Marcus, great race this weekend, but i think you are confused. We never battle. I was dead last after the first corner. And it took me a while to recover. When i was finally able to recover, around the 4 minute mark, and i was in your tail, you made a mistake in the chicane and broke the cvd bone. Maybe you are confused with Joaquin..

Anyway, great race.. see you the next one
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Marcus, great race this weekend, but i think you are confused. We never battle. I was dead last after the first corner. And it took me a while to recover. When i was finally able to recover, around the 4 minute mark, and i was in your tail, you made a mistake in the chicane and broke the cvd bone. Maybe you are confused with Joaquin..

Anyway, great race.. see you the next one

OOOOOPS, My bad Paolo, i was only going by what i was told, on the track both of your cars look very similar. In my defense i have not seen the video yet, i apoligize

So what happened to Jaoquin, how did you get around him?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

How is the one way bearing taken out? I had a good look at mine yesterday, but with out some kind of special tools I don't know how the one way bearing can be taken out???

I built the kit and had a test run 2 days ago, within 30 mins the one way bearing has failed, I don't think my braking helped which heated up the braking system to 190F

And Marcus, Please please can you give me some info on the size of the one way bearing please, I have a handful of bearing shops around where I live, I'll try to find one in HK, there's a NTK bearing distributor just 10mins from me, hope they have something I can use.

Also, anyone have a kit that comes with a Nissan GTR35 shell?? My one came in the R35 shell, but the stickers are all printed wrong....
Old 05-03-2013, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by casemate
Hi guys,

How is the one way bearing taken out? I had a good look at mine yesterday, but with out some kind of special tools I don't know how the one way bearing can be taken out???

I built the kit and had a test run 2 days ago, within 30 mins the one way bearing has failed, I don't think my braking helped which heated up the braking system to 190F

And Marcus, Please please can you give me some info on the size of the one way bearing please, I have a handful of bearing shops around where I live, I'll try to find one in HK, there's a NTK bearing distributor just 10mins from me, hope they have something I can use.

Also, anyone have a kit that comes with a Nissan GTR35 shell?? My one came in the R35 shell, but the stickers are all printed wrong....
All you need to remove and replace is a 3/8 drive socket,1/4 drive socket and a hammer. set the assembly on top of the 3/8 drive socket and use the 1/4 drive socket to push the bearing out, it is not in that tight.

How about a pic of that body, i have not seen that one, do you have the short chassis?
Old 05-03-2013, 05:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
All you need to remove and replace is a 3/8 drive socket,1/4 drive socket and a hammer. set the assembly on top of the 3/8 drive socket and use the 1/4 drive socket to push the bearing out, it is not in that tight.

How about a pic of that body, i have not seen that one, do you have the short chassis?
Great! I'll give it a try later.

Nope, have the GT8L.

I'll upload the pics later, have to fix my other cars first, lend it to someone and he bloody crashed it within 1 min of driving, bent front shock tower, bent chassis, bent center rear drive shaft

But to cut a long story short, my experience with TeamC has not been great, the GT8L came with wrong parts, it was supposed to come with 2 LONG brake shafts, but it came with 2 SHORT brake shafts, I had to go back to my LHS the next day and waited ANOTHER 2 days for the replacement part, you'd think being in Hong Kong which is part of China TeamC would have things sorted pretty fast, but heck, it still took them 2 days.

Worst of all, the bloody stickers for the shell has been printed wrong, how crap is that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.