Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evostyle
I just got a price quote from rcboyz.com. $579.99 plus shipping.... Wtf? For that kind of money I'll gladly give it to serpent for a pure bred race machine backed by a reputable company with actual talent. This is insane.
What?? That's crazy!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:51 AM
DBR
Tech Rookie

I am sure Dwancorc.com will carry them also and have a better price.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I talked to Dan at RcBoyz. He said that on the Team C stuff he just gets killed on the shipping!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

I just got a price quote from rcboyz.com. $579.99 plus shipping.... Wtf? For that kind of money I'll gladly give it to serpent for a pure bred race machine backed by a reputable company with actual talent. This is insane.
Each and every car TeamC has made to this date has been top notch and fast cars. Also TeamC has a insanely fast r&d cycle providing you with a constant flow of upgrades and fixes.

The GT8L is a very high quality car with excellent finnish and high grade materials. All the parts fit smoothly together and its a joy to build.

TeamC is not your average chineese factory that just spews out products, they test them a lot and have pro drivers providing them feedback. The GT8L is a tested machine as the only part that has not been tested for several years is the 2 gear parts. But TeamC have produced 2 gear cars for other companies for ages so should not be a problem, Especially as the gear is insanely nice workmanship.

here you can find some pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1126321...79274/TeamCGT8

TeamC is probably the most under rated brand currently in the RC industry, but its funny that most people who try it out stick with it.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

I would rather pay 1/2 for the Ofna and then toss a few $$ at it to make it race able.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will love to try this car out... Im currently using a kyosho gt2 full of upgrades and it performs very well but this car looks really good!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

I would be scared if it was a 299.00 kit...cheaper price 90% of the time means cheaper product jmo.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Joseph16
I will love to try this car out... Im currently using a kyosho gt2 full of upgrades and it performs very well but this car looks really good!
Hey Joseph whats up

The Team C Car does look great.

A Friend is trying to bring one to the RC Pro race this weekend will be cool to take a peak at a new model

See you at Floyd again soon.

Tell the Floyd crew --- Blue Diamond is have a race in 2 weeks and the GT Class will run Free. "to promote the class" hope you can make it down, give me a PM when you get a chance.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know for sure RICK WANG and JJ WANG will have the Team C GT car at the upcoming Byron Race at the Leisure Hour Raceway racing against the SERPENT Cobra GT heads up. I will be running the good old DM1-spec (no fear) along with Mike Lyday's Kyosho and tons of other...

By the look at the car, it is a good looking chassis. However, these GT car price is just killing the class itself...$599 or so for a roller, that is the 1/8th ON ROAD price.

What happened to the good old GT class that was created about 2-3 years ago with SPEC engine (anything will pull start)...? I really dislike the idea of going FAST and FASTER............racing is racing, when everyone are running 50MPH tops, that is racing....racing 50 mphs is exactly the same as racing at 60 or 70 mphs....but racing it at 50 mph is definitely CHEAPER and has last demage on parts for sure.

Just my 02, ignore what I said...back to the Team C GT8L, great car...
Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Maybe they should put a cap on car pricing to keep the spirit of the class. Once the serpent starts dominating (and it will) you'll need to buy the serpent or some other exotic high price race bred machine. Just think about how XRAY cars have driven the cost of sedan racing thru the roof. And you need a new one every year! Sorry to go off topic.....

Yes I like the looks of the car but I think it's priced its self outta the market for most. Even the serpent is on the same path, but it IS a Serpent.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Just think about how XRAY cars have driven the cost of sedan racing thru the roof. And you need a new one every year! Sorry to go off topic.....
The xray is one of the cheapest 1/10 touring cars around.. Just compare it to yokomo or tamiya.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Ok, questions! Has anybody got a setup on the GT8L that works well? I've been playing with mine and slowly getting it dialed in. But I was just curious to see what everybody else had gotten worked out?

Also, is there any option springs the it? How about springs from another manufacturer that will work?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
Ok, questions! Has anybody got a setup on the GT8L that works well? I've been playing with mine and slowly getting it dialed in. But I was just curious to see what everybody else had gotten worked out?

Also, is there any option springs the it? How about springs from another manufacturer that will work?
Hey can you please check what is the maximum width of the Team C car, if there are different offsets can you put the wider ones, I would appreciate you help.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry Rino, what it is , is what you get. no option for width.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default hey gt family

have you any video on you tube or something about this car? please let me know it looks like nice car.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.