Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am just glad Homestead is hosting this great GT international event to draw some of the awesome racers around. Let's have some fun fella GT racers.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

What an event! Some very fast dudes here. I managed to transfer straight to the semi finals! Car is about a second off the pace but I'm able to stay consistent and that's keeping me in the hunt. 30min semifinal I need to get top 3 to transfer to the finals.

I have had to change a lot on the setup, it was great when the grip was up nut it rained last night and so we are basically running on an unprepared track. So I struggled all day with the setup. I have it decent and its fairly easy to drive just need more entry speed. At any rate I have pix and video that I will post next week!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 01-19-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

Nice wish they posted what car each person was in.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bigjez
Nice wish they posted what car each person was in.
I inquired on their FB page and was provided the following for the top 3 drivers in Round 3 - Car / Tires:

1.Scotty Gray (USA) 21 7:15.533 - Xray/Alpha
2.Paolo Morganti (USA) 21 7:20.882 - Serpent/Alpha
3.Joaquin Desoto Jr. (USA) 20 7:03.173 - Serpent/Alpha
Old 01-20-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
What an event! Some very fast dudes here. I managed to transfer straight to the semi finals! Car is about a second off the pace but I'm able to stay consistent and that's keeping me in the hunt. 30min semifinal I need to get top 3 to transfer to the finals.

I have had to change a lot on the setup, it was great when the grip was up nut it rained last night and so we are basically running on an unprepared track. So I struggled all day with the setup. I have it decent and its fairly easy to drive just need more entry speed. At any rate I have pix and video that I will post next week!
Roll Center is amazing on these Team Cs, we run a Hawian Punch sprayed bumpy old track here and with a high roll center they absolutely stick. Wish I was there with you guys!!! I really want to see this XRay concept!!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Awesome! keep the info coming.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by billdelong
I inquired on their FB page and was provided the following for the top 3 drivers in Round 3 - Car / Tires:

1.Scotty Gray (USA) 21 7:15.533 - Xray/Alpha
2.Paolo Morganti (USA) 21 7:20.882 - Serpent/Alpha
3.Joaquin Desoto Jr. (USA) 20 7:03.173 - Serpent/Alpha
Ah nice is that a buggy conversion or a factory car. I always want to see what that xray looks like..thanks.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Roll Center is amazing on these Team Cs, we run a Hawian Punch sprayed bumpy old track here and with a high roll center they absolutely stick. Wish I was there with you guys!!! I really want to see this XRay concept!!
When the grip was high the car was good, but after the rain grip was lost and I had nothing but headaches! I am going to switch to short chassis and front shocks all the way around next week. In my opinion the balance is off on the long chassis, everything needs to be moved back a bunch to get it to act right, I don't want to re engineer the car so I'm just going to go to short chassis for a while. It is the roll centers that need to be adjusted and I am working on it, just got to try some comic's. After watching all of the Serpents today I can see where the Team C will be able to shine and that will be on power steering and exit steering. The Serpents could come in really hot but would push on exit, where as I was opposite of that. Car was just not planted and as soon as the tires got to hot it was over! But as a Team driver I will figure it out and put the car up top.

We are about to hit the road on my 18hr journey home! Will post some vids in a few days
Old 01-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bigjez
Ah nice is that a buggy conversion or a factory car. I always want to see what that xray looks like..thanks.
It is a conversion kit, rumor is that it's probably not going into production. But not hard to just convert a buggy.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

When the grip was high the car was good, but after the rain grip was lost and I had nothing but headaches! I am going to switch to short chassis and front shocks all the way around next week. In my opinion the balance is off on the long chassis, everything needs to be moved back a bunch to get it to act right, I don't want to re engineer the car so I'm just going to go to short chassis for a while. It is the roll centers that need to be adjusted and I am working on it, just got to try some comic's. After watching all of the Serpents today I can see where the Team C will be able to shine and that will be on power steering and exit steering. The Serpents could come in really hot but would push on exit, where as I was opposite of that. Car was just not planted and as soon as the tires got to hot it was over! But as a Team driver I will figure it out and put the car up top.

We are about to hit the road on my 18hr journey home! Will post some vids in a few days
Good job marcus! it was nice meeting you, take care and hope to see you soon.

btw go ahead for the short chasis, you will note the difference right away.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

A quick vid from this past weekend!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mantisworx
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Awsome vid.........That track is LARGE
Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hi Marcus

Hi Marcus thanks for help on track I hope to race in Houston on November.
Team C was great my problem was the gear and hight speed but the rear shock tower of Marcus work great thanks Marcus..
Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CHALAS RACING
Hi Marcus thanks for help on track I hope to race in Houston on November.
Team C was great my problem was the gear and hight speed but the rear shock tower of Marcus work great thanks Marcus..
I am slowly getting the bugs worked out!
I have the gearing figured out now , the car is designed for off road engines so it is geared low for a low RPM engine but when you go with a high rpm engine you need to gear down to stay in its powerband. Its confusing but i will post my information soon.
Glad the tower worked out for you, try using front shocks in the rear and Serpent springs until Team C comes out with their own spring kit which will be soon.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi marcus, good job with your team C car. For my it was a pleasure to meet you and share some info with you. I hope to see you soon take care.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.