R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #1261
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
Our local 'weigh-ins' in Utah were done with the 'competition norm' in mind and that was with 'empty tank'........where do you get the concept that you could 'weigh in' with any fuel at all in the tank ?? I found out that my favorite 'concrete lot venue that worked well with my my GQ GT tire' was well into the 'safe weight' by 100 grams' with the 'empty tank'. Every 'sanctioned event I've been to starting with the 'Ron Paris Memorial Events' have a 'fuel dump' before 'tech out'.......... Your buddy TerribleTy can confirm the procedure here.

Jerry, everyone knows that! you completely missed the point which was how i corner balanced the car and the reason why i did it with a half tank of gas.

[QUOTE=scary_jerry;13218162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRIDGE View Post

Does Australia have the 'Harbor Freight' stores ???

I bought a set of scales for $20 US to check my grandson's 'pinewood derby car' (first place......grandpa's pride)......
that is fine but its much easier if all scales connect with each other and tell you what your cross weight percentages are in real time instead of having to recalculate everytime you either add weight or turn a collar. This system i have is 120.00, goes up to 8000g and well worth it. The scales you are referring to do not hold enough weight for a GT car, the cheapest ones i have seen are about 20.00 each so for an extra 40.00 you have a system.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #1262
Tech Adept
 
THE FRIDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Woonona, NSW Australia
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey Marcus
Sorry I didn't mean to start an onslaught on questions about your car weight. I see what you where doing now, I and maybe the rest of us where looking at it the wrong way. You a pretty helpful guy to us Aussies when it come to these car and the sport as well. Thanks again for all your help and sorry if I stepped on your toes.
Cheers
__________________
Clint
Capricorn C03 - OS Speed - Highest - Sanwa - Xceed
Moorebank Raceway N.S.W Australia
THE FRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:58 PM   #1263
Tech Regular
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 423
Default bullshit

[QUOTE=MantisWorx;13218261]Jerry, everyone knows that! you completely missed the point which was how i corner balanced the car and the reason why i did it with a half tank of gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post

that is fine but its much easier if all scales connect with each other and tell you what your cross weight percentages are in real time instead of having to recalculate everytime you either add weight or turn a collar. This system i have is 120.00, goes up to 8000g and well worth it. The scales you are referring to do not hold enough weight for a GT car, the cheapest ones i have seen are about 20.00 each so for an extra 40.00 you have a system.
The scales I bought handle 5000 gram weight..........$20 sale price.

Since you don't use a 'Hudy' or other 'setup' system what's the point ?? I was told that the 'melamine' board that I put a 12"x24" 'magic marker' rectangle on wasn't doing me any good........although to this day I can still 'eyeball' the hell out of a decent 'angularity check' that others can not approach. You should understand that my background in 'finish carpentry' and 'mechanical drafting' give me an edge on those that don't 'know how to look at it'.


You would be well advised not to PM TerribleTy again to have him 'jump all over me' because you think I can't have my own opinion. You've been 'exposed'.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:30 AM   #1264
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,224
Default

I think there are some crossed wires here....

There are two concepts in weighing your car....
One ... we all know about and thats final or total race weight... this is the one which is checked at the track for racing. This one yes you do check the car with an empty tank... in race condition, even with no tires if you run with foam tires. (Just incase you run them to the rim in the race you still want to make sure your legal!)

The other concept is purely for set-up use. Where the four corner weights are taken, cross corner weights and end to end weights also (Total rear axle compared to total front axle weights.
This is "normally" done with half tank of fuel as this, as Marcus pointed out, is the compromise between running full and 'close' to empty.
Especially with the offset fuel tanks we have to run in GT.
Now if the tank was situated right in the center of the car, at full car COG
then that can then be done differently.

Using a half tank of fuel only is an indication for the user on final race weight...... not a scrutineering/ by the rule book weight check.

Regards
BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:49 AM   #1265
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,885
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

No crossed wires. Marcus simply posted his car weight balance. Naturally in a forum people have comments and opinions. No big deal.
No need for Jerry reaction.
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #1266
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

[QUOTE=scary_jerry;13219061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Jerry, everyone knows that! you completely missed the point which was how i corner balanced the car and the reason why i did it with a half tank of gas.



The scales I bought handle 5000 gram weight..........$20 sale price.

Since you don't use a 'Hudy' or other 'setup' system what's the point ?? I was told that the 'melamine' board that I put a 12"x24" 'magic marker' rectangle on wasn't doing me any good........although to this day I can still 'eyeball' the hell out of a decent 'angularity check' that others can not approach. You should understand that my background in 'finish carpentry' and 'mechanical drafting' give me an edge on those that don't 'know how to look at it'.


You would be well advised not to PM TerribleTy again to have him 'jump all over me' because you think I can't have my own opinion. You've been 'exposed'.

Obviously you dont have the skill level to understand what i am talking about so i will just leave that as it is. Scaling cars and a HUDY setup system are two different animals. What does setting camber and gravity have to do with each other

You also forgot that i own a CNC machine shop, wood is sloppy compared to metal and thats just a fact, i promise my naked eye is better than yours all day long!!

Secondly I DID NOT PM TERRIBLY TY ABOUT YOU, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SOMEBODY ELSE, SO YOU WILL BE WELL ADVISED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! Only thing "exposed" is your lack of intelligence in this case! Do you even have a TeamC????


Thank you Jmoney and Thank you British Menace for understanding Also Fridge, no worries you know how this story goes. Scary just woke up confused on the wrong side of the bed this morning, it happens sometimes
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 AM   #1267
Tech Regular
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
A few bold statements here... Paulo could spank us with 3 wheels on his car and his controls reversed, the pit crew is just a formality when competing at the highest level over many cars. He earned this and backs it up every time hes on the track.

Next... Bagin the Kyo? Really? That car is solid if you would just learn to set it up. Instead of bashing one of the most tried true and tested cars on the market maybe you should look at your skill set. The Kyo works good and lasts a long time.

Finally... Do your best to hold off the rest. Bold statement since you wont even run in the non beginner class here locally. There are plenty of us open guys that would happily hand you yours. If you think its a chassis issue you have every chance to grab a serpent or team c from the local shop. Instead of creating enemies you should be asking for help and listen to what is told to you.

Marcus keep up the work man, you give me hope that the Team C will truly show its colors soon.
The above 'TYrade' was specifically attributed to you Marcus per 'TerribleTy'. He claims that you PM'd him to do it.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #1268
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
The above 'TYrade' was specifically attributed to you Marcus per 'TerribleTy'. He claims that you PM'd him to do it.


WHAT???? what does any of that have to do with me and why would a care about anything to do with a Kyosho? Ty is a grown man as are all of us, i have no control over what he types on a keyboard.Even IF (IF IF IF) that was true HE wrote that not me. If you have beef with him deal with him leave me the hell out of it. So instead of actually finding out what was going on you assumed that what he told you was true even though he "as quoted" was bagging on you in the first place Look man, i graduated from high school in 1988 and i dont want to go back! I have no intentions in getting in a 3 way battle with you and Ty over an RC car and some BS, its childish at best and i have more important things to worry about. so please take your confusion elsewhere and let us TeamC guys get back to talking about TeamC stuff, I am done.......

" if your best friend told you to jump off of a bridge would you do it"........ high school, circa 1987
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #1269
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,241
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I was hoping to see the scale this pass weekend cause I like to know about the cars and equipment I race against.
__________________
www.igthobbies.com / Serpent Cobra GT / 748 TQ / Serpent Eryx 3.0 / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / Flo-Control
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #1270
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,020
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

What did I just walk in too? Or step in?

I been off the tech section of the forums for a while and WOW, still a soap opera up in here.

Anyways.... wanted to give you "TEAM C" GUYS a brief recap of this weekends NovaRossi Challenge @ Gulf Coast-Raceway.

First and for most ask any one who attended I had the second fastest car there, with Paolo Morganti having the fastest.

The car (TEAM C) handled and performed beautifully. I ran all three qualifiers and won everyone and improved my lap times every time. Only 4 guys could break off 16 laps with Paolo smoking us as usual with 17 laps. He's a WORLD CHAMPION, period!

I ended up qualifying 5th, with 2-5th each less then one second (0.025-0.868) apart. The competition was fierce.

In the main(30mins) we had a very clean start, I ended up hole shooting out a spot an after the first 3 laps was in 3rd. Chad and I battled for second for a while, I was literally on his rear end trying to make a good clean pass, till he cracked and let me by. By this time Paolo was already behind us and lapped us.

Paolo held first the entire race the battle was always really for 2nd and 3rd, I held 2nd position till the last 8 minutes of the race when my front out drive snapped in half, the car would basically spin out on braking. I kept going as the car was still semi drivable. I was braking and counter steering the spin in the Two main braking sections of the track. I drove like this for another 3 minutes and held my 2nd spot as I had lapped the field with the other guys having flame outs.

The car finally quit completely as I came in for a splash pit around the 5min mark.

I did the best I could fellas, I was literally praying on the stand while driving to just let me finish.... And hopefully on Podium. I wanted to put Team C on the map against an entire field of SNAKES

Anyways the out drive broke because of my lack of maintenance (sorta), after the 2Q, Paolo was helping me tune my car and we notice my front right cvd was bent, so of course would wobble while driving. I decided to run the last Q like that.

Before the main I changed all the drive shaft pins (rear and center) and replaced both front cvds and bearings, even replaced the one way bearing in the 2speed wasn't leaving anything to chance, but I think the out drive must have already weakened from driving it with a bent shaft and finally gave out under pressure. Because thats the side that it broke on right front.

A couple of things the New RcShox gear conversion is a must have I have used it in 2 races now and it really puts us in the gear ration and power out put range of the Serpents and the RcShox Dual pistons definitely work wonders for setting up the car to handle the corners.

I will post my full set up, later today.

In closing, I would like to thanks all my Sponsors and friends for their support.
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~SideWinder Fuel~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #1271
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
I was hoping to see the scale this pass weekend cause I like to know about the cars and equipment I race against.

You need not worry its not easy to get a Serpent under 3500g most are around 3600g and the only other cars were Tony and I and we are both at 3550 empty.Both of us ran Maclaren bodies.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #1272
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,667
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
What did I just walk in too? Or step in?

I been off the tech section of the forums for a while and WOW, still a soap opera up in here.

Anyways.... wanted to give you "TEAM C" GUYS a brief recap of this weekends NovaRossi Challenge @ Gulf Coast-Raceway.

First and for most ask any one who attended I had the second fastest car there, with Paolo Morganti having the fastest.

The car (TEAM C) handled and performed beautifully. I ran all three qualifiers and won everyone and improved my lap times every time. Only 4 guys could break off 16 laps with Paolo smoking us as usual with 17 laps. He's a WORLD CHAMPION, period!

I ended up qualifying 5th, with 2-5th each less then one second (0.025-0.868) apart. The competition was fierce.

In the main(30mins) we had a very clean start, I ended up hole shooting out a spot an after the first 3 laps was in 3rd. Chad and I battled for second for a while, I was literally on his rear end trying to make a good clean pass, till he cracked and let me by. By this time Paolo was already behind us and lapped us.

Paolo held first the entire race the battle was always really for 2nd and 3rd, I held 2nd position till the last 8 minutes of the race when my front out drive snapped in half, the car would basically spin out on braking. I kept going as the car was still semi drivable. I was braking and counter steering the spin in the Two main braking sections of the track. I drove like this for another 3 minutes and held my 2nd spot as I had lapped the field with the other guys having flame outs.

The car finally quit completely as I came in for a splash pit around the 5min mark.

I did the best I could fellas, I was literally praying on the stand while driving to just let me finish.... And hopefully on Podium. I wanted to put Team C on the map against an entire field of SNAKES

Anyways the out drive broke because of my lack of maintenance (sorta), after the 2Q, Paolo was helping me tune my car and we notice my front right cvd was bent, so of course would wobble while driving. I decided to run the last Q like that.

Before the main I changed all the drive shaft pins (rear and center) and replaced both front cvds and bearings, even replaced the one way bearing in the 2speed wasn't leaving anything to chance, but I think the out drive must have already weakened from driving it with a bent shaft and finally gave out under pressure. Because thats the side that it broke on right front.

A couple of things the New RcShox gear conversion is a must have I have used it in 2 races now and it really puts us in the gear ration and power out put range of the Serpents and the RcShox Dual pistons definitely work wonders for setting up the car to handle the corners.

I will post my full set up, later today.

In closing, I would like to thanks all my Sponsors and friends for their support.
Tony, as I told you at the track, your car looked good all weekend.

Marcus, pm me some info on your scales, very interested.

Mark
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #1273
Tech Fanatic
 
Joe Kimble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 858
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Joe Kimble
Default

Wish I had been there to share the action! I'll see you guys in Joliet.
__________________
Serpent America
Sweep USA
RCShox
Joe Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #1274
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,241
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Lunatics Ride ....
Attached Thumbnails
Team C 1/8 GT car-20140426_171107_resized_1.jpg  
__________________
www.igthobbies.com / Serpent Cobra GT / 748 TQ / Serpent Eryx 3.0 / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / Flo-Control
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #1275
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

TeamC wins the sportsman class at the Novarossi challenge and TQ /Q2!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGGP...-Fo8faTUHBBuDw
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Micro On Road & 1/18 Off Road Nats Thread RCMadness Micro and Mini Scales 1165 12-15-2013 04:49 PM
Team TTC GT-4 Singapore R/C Racers 7281 12-24-2010 09:45 AM
R/C Stuff Selling Kenneth Tan Singapore R/C Racers 45728 09-09-2009 08:19 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:47 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0