Team C 1/8 GT car

You're on Page 84 of 105
Go to
  • Quote: Nicely balanced car. Where are you going to add weight at?
    On the body posts when he hangs the body on it.
  • Quote: On the body posts when he hangs the body on it.
    Body weighs 227?
  • Yup, car with body is 3510
  • Oooh just makes the weight limit then Marcus.
    Careful on tire/insert/ wheel brands and changing them out when you run that close on weight ..... could end up "Batting on a sticky-wicket ol' chap"

Out of interest. Was that weight distribution done with an empty fuel tank Marcus?

Regards
    BM
  • Quote: Oooh just makes the weight limit then Marcus.
    Careful on tire/insert/ wheel brands and changing them out when you run that close on weight ..... could end up "Batting on a sticky-wicket ol' chap"

Out of interest. Was that weight distribution done with an empty fuel tank Marcus?

Regards
    BM
    Everything measures with a half tank of fuel. the Blitz body is a bit lighter than my maclaren body which is what i normally run.
  • Quote: Everything measures with a half tank of fuel. the Blitz body is a bit lighter than my maclaren body which is what i normally run.
    Hmmmm why half a tank of fuel? Why not empty.
  • Hi ,

Good news I finished 3rd for Team C in the GT Class at the New South Wales, (Australia) championships over the weekend (4 day event)

I will send through some photos soon..
  • mmmmmm I had to go back to a untuned 5 port engine as the rear bearing on my new OS went through the engine and the change point was tooooo long, any way after 3 flame outs I managed to finish 3rd......... Rob
  • Quote: Hmmmm why half a tank of fuel? Why not empty.

Because you never drive the car with an empty tank. Half tank is a compromise, the reason for balancing is to make it handle better on track, if its empty your not on track
  • Quote: Hi ,

Good news I finished 3rd for Team C in the GT Class at the New South Wales, (Australia) championships over the weekend (4 day event)

I will send through some photos soon..
    Congrats, my son has his final this morning in the sportsman class with his new TeamC he set TQ in the sportsman class! Tony is sitting somewhere in the A main, i had to leave early for another event across town , hectic weekend.....
  • [QUOTE=MantisWorx;13217055]Because you never drive the car with an empty tank. Half tank is a compromise, the reason for balancing is to make it handle better on track, if its empty your not on track

Sorry I was looking at it in a Scrutineering way.
  • [QUOTE=THE FRIDGE;13217918]
    Quote: Because you never drive the car with an empty tank. Half tank is a compromise, the reason for balancing is to make it handle better on track, if its empty your not on track

Sorry I was looking at it in a Scrutineering way.
    I normally run my chopped maclaren body which is heavier than the Blitz by alot. with the Blitz body the car is too light by 25g dry but with the maclaren its 25g over dry.
  • [QUOTE=MantisWorx;13217940]
    Quote:
    I normally run my chopped maclaren body which is heavier than the Blitz by alot. with the Blitz body the car is too light by 25g dry but with the maclaren its 25g over dry.
    I'm going to look into getting some of them scales, they look good
  • ?
    Quote: Because you never drive the car with an empty tank. Half tank is a compromise, the reason for balancing is to make it handle better on track, if its empty your not on track
    Our local 'weigh-ins' in Utah were done with the 'competition norm' in mind and that was with 'empty tank'........where do you get the concept that you could 'weigh in' with any fuel at all in the tank ?? I found out that my favorite 'concrete lot venue that worked well with my my GQ GT tire' was well into the 'safe weight' by 100 grams' with the 'empty tank'. Every 'sanctioned event I've been to starting with the 'Ron Paris Memorial Events' have a 'fuel dump' before 'tech out'.......... Your buddy TerribleTy can confirm the procedure here.
  • [QUOTE=THE FRIDGE;13217955]
    Quote:
    I'm going to look into getting some of them scales, they look good
    Does Australia have the 'Harbor Freight' stores ???

I bought a set of scales for $20 US to check my grandson's 'pinewood derby car' (first place......grandpa's pride)......