Old 12-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I sure am glad Gus,... I mean Santa, made it to my house yesterday
Old 12-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
That's just not right. We're under a foot a snow and counting.
Don't feel bad Spooky. I just arrived to Indianapolis and its got 11 inches on the ground from todays blizzard.

Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"

Last edited by bassman2; 12-27-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

guys a question... I have a friend who purchased the gtv2 or the c team car and he is looking for harder shock springs. any idea where can he find it?

Thanks!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

The Serpent car also has 16mm shocks so the springs will fit. problem is that I have no idea what the stock spring rates are so you would need to buy them all and start fresh. unless you know someone who can measure spring rates!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Just got home from another full day of setup/practice with the car. Still ZERO issues with the 2 speed, no chewed up gears and perfect shifting all day!

last time out i was having issues with the rear stepping out badly on exit and just not planted really at all. So i made some changes, went with the short link and lowest roll center setting (highest on tower). I made some rear arm braces as the arms are VERY soft and i mounted the shocks on the inside holes. decreased rear toe down to 2* and went to the "0" antisquat setting which allowed more weight transfer under accelerationm and less rotation on entry. These changes along with my new aero package gave alot more rear bite and the car actually lost some steering, i went back up to 100% EPA and it still not quite enough so saturday i will raise the front roll center and add some camber to the front. Car is getting really good!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 12-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
The Serpent car also has 16mm shocks so the springs will fit. problem is that I have no idea what the stock spring rates are so you would need to buy them all and start fresh. unless you know someone who can measure spring rates!
Thanks marcus for your help i will pass this info to my friend!
Btw im gonna get in touch with you about the wing soon. Ttyl...
Old 12-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Joseph16

I will not make any wings to sell, too expensive and time consuming. thats 9 machined pieces for the wing and mounts
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had to smile while reading what Marcus has done with his car. Same things I did to mine for the most part. With the one-way bearing issue taken care of , this car is on it's way to the front. We here in Utah are in the works for a new permanent paved track. When complete , we will be announcing a big event for any GT racers and nitro in general to come here to enjoy the mountains and racing.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

I had to smile while reading what Marcus has done with his car. Same things I did to mine for the most part. With the one-way bearing issue taken care of , this car is on it's way to the front. We here in Utah are in the works for a new permanent paved track. When complete , we will be announcing a big event for any GT racers and nitro in general to come here to enjoy the mountains and racing.
A big permanent paved track in Utah, nice.....very nice!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

I will make the trip for the grand opening!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hi friends

Originally Posted by Joseph16
I need spring more harder for the rear, If you know something about it I appreciate that thank you
Old 01-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CHALAS RACING
I need spring more harder for the rear, If you know something about it I appreciate that thank you

I just ordered a set of serpent springs so i will have a definite answer next week. The rear springs do need to be harder, i agree!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I will make the trip for the grand opening!
and ill buy ya a beer when you show up for the help youve given me in the offroad department (of course it might be a *cough cough* utah beer but im sure we can find something suitable)
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by apriliamille
and ill buy ya a beer when you show up for the help youve given me in the offroad department (of course it might be a *cough cough* utah beer but im sure we can find something suitable)
Cool! I am only traveling this year for GT8, no offroad except local so I should be able to Make it up there.

Ok so i got my Serpent springs in and installed them, they are not a direct fit. The front will go on no problem but the rears are way too short. the fronts are slightly longer and the rears are shorter but the spring rates are much better. Well since i need springs and there are no other options i made new shock towers and also modified them so that the front and rear links are 10mm shorter. If you look at the stock geometry you will notice that since the lower arms are at such an abrupt angle you lose any real amount of camber gain regardless of where you set your Roll center because the lower arm scrubs so much. Less than a degree in the front and zero in the back. With the new towers i get 2 additional degrees in the front and 1 in the rear, i also matched the upper camber link positions front to rear, they were about 3mm off. weather permitting i will test them out on thursday!

I also installed the optional carbon pads and steel rotors along with +1 front and +2 rear hub extenders

I am working with Roy on a GT8 V2, with some minor changes in geometry fixes and hopefully some needed part changes. I havent submitted this to them yet but so far i have:
mill motor mount slots towards center 3mm
front shocks and shafts in the rear (make them all the same)
carbon towers with new geometry specd for On road
stiffer rear arms or braces for the stock ones
Assortment of springs from 17lbs to 20 rear and 25 to 38lbs front

not much else is needed, car is bullet proof already

RCShox is purchasing a high end 3d printer within the next few weeks so that will make prototyping much easier
Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

There should be different springs available from Team C also. At least the manual for the GT8LE does show them. The part numbers are T0850/T0852 for the soft ones (front/rear), and T0854/T0856 for the harder ones. The problem is that those part numbers seem to be wrong, may be offraod parts ?

I did measure the set coming with the GT8LE kit and got the following results:

front: 20 lb/inch, length: 37.5 mm (unloaded) ; rear: 16.8 lb/inch, length: 48 mm (unloaded)

@ MantisWorx: Can you please tell me the unloaded length of the Setpent springs.

What diameter of swaybars you are using in your current setup ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.