R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #931
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Pipes

[QUOTE=THE FRIDGE;12806648]Hey Darren
Thanks mate I got the car on Sunday just gone and have been working on it all week, I got REDS pipe and header for my birthday it's the 2099 the same as Robert has. When I got Roberts for him Jay from Walters told me that it would be a better pipe as the 2099 give more better bottom and mid range. I'm going up there tomorrow to get my motor and I might see if he will change it over to the 2069 pipe. What the difference?[/QUOTE

I'm just stoked you've decided to race GT man, it's a lot of fun.

With the 2069 pipe it is the on-road pipe & is a lot smaller than the off-road type 2099. The 2069 will give you more overall power & yes you are correct. The 2099 should give you more bottom. Marcus, Tony & I found that the 2069 pipe gave the best overall performance from our engines but at the time we were testing the pipes, it wasn't on the R5 like you are getting, it was on the Reds M7T so things may be different??

My advice would be to ask Jay if he'll swap it for the 2069. If you would like to try the 2099, I have 2 virtually brand new ones here & you can try them. If you like the 2099 you can have it for $30, if not just give it back. If you like both you'll have 2 pipes in your race bag to choose from or I'll buy the 2069 pipe off you if you don't like it.

Cheers Darren
Supporter of Capricorn Australia....Walters Hobbies....JPM Racing
Jazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #932
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
I personally don't have a gear problem, just looking at or what to try different options. I used 41/45 all summer. Think a 17/21 bell will be perfect.
I noticed these pinions are available....

TU1817
TU1821

17 and 21 tooth pinions respectively.

http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...limitstart=100

Regards,
BM
Old 12-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #933
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
I personally don't have a gear problem, just looking at or what to try different options. I used 41/45 all summer. Think a 17/21 bell will be perfect.
Gotcha! didnt mean to yell at ya, As soon as i can get ahold of the pinions i will give a review on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRIDGE View Post
Hey Darren
Thanks mate I got the car on Sunday just gone and have been working on it all week, I got REDS pipe and header for my birthday it's the 2099 the same as Robert has. When I got Roberts for him Jay from Walters told me that it would be a better pipe as the 2099 give more better bottom and mid range. I'm going up there tomorrow to get my motor and I might see if he will change it over to the 2069 pipe. What the difference?
Car looks great!!
you want the 2069 pipe with either the med header or double bend XS header. The R5 is a high Rev engine, mid range is good but the 2099 pipe takes too much away from the top end. Because of our gear ratios med/high powerband is best. This is the combo that i run and i swear by it!

On that note i should have the REDS proto big head in my hands today! I will post pix when it gets here and testing will be this weekend. you guys that are running the REDS now with normal head try and keep the engine no higher than 230*(best power at 220) and i have found that the best plug has been the RP6 and RP7. Just to give you guys a heads up REDS is really stepping up this year with the GT class! I have been going back and forth with ITALY over the past few mths and pretty much everything i have suggested they are doing.The new GT engine is going to be extremely fast! and once testing is done on the heads you will be able to run any of the onroad engines effeciently in a GT chassis which includes all varients of the R5 (T,TE etc etc) M7T (which is basically the new GT) and the WC which we are currently testing on Tony's car and so far it has been very impressive.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #934
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
I noticed these pinions are available....

TU1817
TU1821

17 and 21 tooth pinions respectively.

http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...limitstart=100

Regards,
BM
I will see if i can get some in, how many of you are interested in getting a set? this way i can judge how many to get in the shop.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #935
Tech Champion

You guys are seeing it first!! prototype R5 heads, they are quite a bit larger in diameter, taller and have 2 more cooling fins! This should do the trick or at least be closer. Love it when a MFG listens to their drivers and makes a change!

Old 12-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #936
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where's mine??
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #937
Tech Champion

You can use one of my LRP extenders, no worries! did you get the car done? I finished the rest of your parts about an hour ago except for the ACK bar which i will make first thing in the morning. I didnt lock in your phone number send me a txt I plan on going to the track tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #938
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
You can use one of my LRP extenders, no worries! did you get the car done? I finished the rest of your parts about an hour ago except for the ACK bar which i will make first thing in the morning. I didnt lock in your phone number send me a txt I plan on going to the track tomorrow.
I was just kiddin. . Haven't even got a chance to get started. Just got back from Lafayette a little while ago. Gonna start building shortly and see how far I can get tonight. Body was shipped off for paint work so even if I finished the car I couldn't run this weekend.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #939
Tech Champion

I have plenty of bodies, thats no excuse!! get the coffee pot warmed up its going to be a long night for you!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #940
Tech Regular

LOL! Maybe I will. . Nothing important to handle at the office tomorrow anyway.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #941
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
You guys are seeing it first!! prototype R5 heads, they are quite a bit larger in diameter, taller and have 2 more cooling fins! This should do the trick or at least be closer. Love it when a MFG listens to their drivers and makes a change!

Let me know when we can get one for the engine I had already purchased.

Thanks. Mark
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #942
Tech Elite

Quote:
Gotcha! didnt mean to yell at ya, As soon as i can get ahold of the pinions i will give a review on them.

Car looks great!!
you want the 2069 pipe with either the med header or double bend XS header. The R5 is a high Rev engine, mid range is good but the 2099 pipe takes too much away from the top end. Because of our gear ratios med/high powerband is best. This is the combo that i run and i swear by it!

On that note i should have the REDS proto big head in my hands today! I will post pix when it gets here and testing will be this weekend. you guys that are running the REDS now with normal head try and keep the engine no higher than 230*(best power at 220) and i have found that the best plug has been the RP6 and RP7. Just to give you guys a heads up REDS is really stepping up this year with the GT class! I have been going back and forth with ITALY over the past few mths and pretty much everything i have suggested they are doing.The new GT engine is going to be extremely fast! and once testing is done on the heads you will be able to run any of the onroad engines effeciently in a GT chassis which includes all varients of the R5 (T,TE etc etc) M7T (which is basically the new GT) and the WC which we are currently testing on Tony's car and so far it has been very impressive.
Hey Marcus ,

What header comes on the IGT8F "SPEC" Engine Package? Is that the Medium Header on it?

Regards
BM
Old 12-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #943
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Hey Marcus ,

What header comes on the IGT8F "SPEC" Engine Package? Is that the Medium Header on it?

Regards
BM
Yes

The R5-IGT8F Spec combo includes:

R5 GT motor with glow plug (the new GT head)
2069 pipe
Medium single bend header
All your gaskets and springs
Break in instructions and parts diagram of motor in manual.

IGT8F is working with Reds to keep the price point between the current $280-$310 range. The increase is mainly due to the new GT head, but always working on a possibility of Special etching on heads and complete new packaging with a few extra items.

As promised IGT8F is working with Reds Italy on making GT8 a huge successful class for 2014.

Reds will announce their new GT motor line for 2014 shortly.

** Coming Soon L.R.P. will relaunch in 2014 with LRPracing.com offering you all new Carbon Fiber Race Quality products and many NEW options for all your GT's (Serpent, Team C, OFNAs, Kyosho, and new buggy conversion kits for current buggy models)

2014 will be an Awesome Year, starting with the Pan America GT race in Homestead, Fl January 17-19th 2014!!!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #944
Tech Elite

Cool Tony....

Thank you for setting that up with REDS RACING. Makes for a really good deal!

Regards
BM
Old 12-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #945
Tech Regular

I'm a Novarossi guy and was going to get the Roma for my GT car. After what I saw the REDS R5 do one weekend at Gulfcoast and the results Marcus and Tony have achieved I was sold on it. I'm even considering dropping one in my RC8.2.