Old 12-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Has Team C released a GTSe yet?
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Well i know there is a short and long chassis nitro version and the RTR electric is short chassis but im not sure about a short chassis pro kit. Let me check on it.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #78
Tech Master

Interesting, the only reason why I bought the DM1e was because it was available in a short chassis, I wanted to get a Team C car, but was told it was only available with the long chassis in the electric version so that was the only reason why I passed on the Team C car
Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #79
C@T
Tech Adept

Im just buildig a Team C GT8E Kit car having a wheelbase of 360 mm. To my best knowledge the RTR version also does have the same. There is no short chassis in the moment.

The only difference between the kit and the RTR version is the quality of the parts included. The kit does in have adjustable shocks and some other nice machined parts. On the other side the RTR version does include a motor, esc, servo and the radio at same price.

It should be possible to take those one of chassie and create your own short version by either modify the existing one or make a new one.

The shorter rear CVD diveshaft should be found in either a short nitro, or the buggy. The long driveshaft comming with the kit is marked 128 mm.

Guess you are loocking for a 330 mm wheelbase.

That would also requiere to angle the batterie holders toward the outside in the middle of the chassis to make them fit.
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #80
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Interesting, the only reason why I bought the DM1e was because it was available in a short chassis, I wanted to get a Team C car, but was told it was only available with the long chassis in the electric version so that was the only reason why I passed on the Team C car
Nope.....Spooky runs the short TeamC and you can't rub the smile off of his face!!!!

That car turns inside of my Kyosho GT so tight it should be a CRIME.....!!!!
(ooooops...didn't see the reference to 'e'....Spooky's car is NITRO!)
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #81
Tech Master

Hopefully Team C gets an electric short chassis to market soon, otherwise I might jump on the Hyper GTB when it makes its way to the states. I am not interested in doing a conversion, just not economical when there are other kits on the market with the parts already setup the way they need to be.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #82
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@T View Post
Im just buildig a Team C GT8E Kit car having a wheelbase of 360 mm. To my best knowledge the RTR version also does have the same. There is no short chassis in the moment.

The only difference between the kit and the RTR version is the quality of the parts included. The kit does in have adjustable shocks and some other nice machined parts. On the other side the RTR version does include a motor, esc, servo and the radio at same price.

It should be possible to take those one of chassie and create your own short version by either modify the existing one or make a new one.

The shorter rear CVD diveshaft should be found in either a short nitro, or the buggy. The long driveshaft comming with the kit is marked 128 mm.

Guess you are loocking for a 330 mm wheelbase.

That would also requiere to angle the batterie holders toward the outside in the middle of the chassis to make them fit.
Maybe I am off a little but the GTE is not long wheelbase and the RTR body is short wheelbase. My car is a GT8L which is 360mm. When Roy was sending me my car he asked if i wanted that body but then he discovered that it is short which means the RTR car is short wheelbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
Nope.....Spooky runs the short TeamC and you can't rub the smile off of his face!!!!

That car turns inside of my Kyosho GT so tight it should be a CRIME.....!!!!
(ooooops...didn't see the reference to 'e'....Spooky's car is NITRO!)
Well I dont know if it makes any sense but my Long chassis has INSANE amounts of steering! today i had to lower the roll center and take away EPA about 30%. was able to easily turn under the Serpents that were there today, it was like taking candy from a baby! I Also went to short link in the rear along with also lowering the Roll center. this allowed you to come into the turns a bit hotter without having to use the brakes. IMO i think everything needs to be moved towards the rear 10-12mm to get a little more rear bias without having to jack the springs.

My wing mods worked perfect, we have a 230' straight into a sweeper and before i had to let off mid straight and use brakes to get it to turn other wise it would almost push into the wall, today i was able to coast about 3/4 down and dive into it with no brakes. Car was REALLY good today and my port work was insane!! I actually made it too mean , on exit it would burn the tires into second gear and then haze them until momentum caught up! track was un prepped and it rained for two days so that didnt help.

Next phase will be playing with springs/sway bars, the front definitely needs to be stiffer, back is probably ok. Increasing front droop cured the lifting of the inside tire.

No way i am switching to a short chassis, If you think about it most that say it would not work have only driven a Kyosho and/or a DM2 (???) and neither one of those handle as good as the Team C. I see no disadvantage in any scenario with it. Today ALL of the Serpents were swapping ends mid and turn exit , while i was able to drive through it.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #83
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Hopefully Team C gets an electric short chassis to market soon, otherwise I might jump on the Hyper GTB when it makes its way to the states. I am not interested in doing a conversion, just not economical when there are other kits on the market with the parts already setup the way they need to be.

Hit me up when you are ready, I am sure i can get something together for you.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #84
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Hit me up when you are ready, I am sure i can get something together for you.
definitely before EOS next year, ha! Assuming they add a GT8e class <fingers crossed> personally I'm just as happy running with the nitros too.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #85
Tech Champion

I custom made the wing mounts to raise it and move it more towards the rear, pretty sick looking!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #86
Tech Champion

2 speed issue is solved!! i replaced the one way bearing with one of these
http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bear...-bearings.html

Ran through over a gallon saturday with ZERO issues and perfect shifting all day! took it all apart today for inspection and the shaft is perfect. This bearing fits the shaft very snug, Roy is going to work on getting better ones included with the kit but in the meantime pick a couple up from AVID and get back on the track!!

those of you that are running this car post your setups, I will post mine after my next visit to the track. A few things I am still working on, car seems to want to snap on mid exit. I havent scaled the car yet but i think its a bit nose heavy
Old 12-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #87
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post

I custom made the wing mounts to raise it and move it more towards the rear, pretty sick looking!
Marcus,

This body is sick! what kind of Audi is it, Where did you get it?

Are you guys going to Mike's anytime next week?
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #88
Tech Champion

Its the Kyosho R8LM body, I dont know how its going to handle yet but usually this body creates alot of steering (not like i need more!!).

Yea i will probably head out there a few times next week. This week too, now i can start chassis tuning it.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #89
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erchur View Post
Marcus,

This body is sick! what kind of Audi is it, Where did you get it?

Are you guys going to Mike's anytime next week?
Echur we had 9 GT8 car out this past Saturday tuning on the cars @ Mike's.. I'm going out today for a while to run a few tanks and rebuild my carnod:
flyboi33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #90
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's just not right. We're under a foot a snow and counting.