R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #871
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,829
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rptech1 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong if I was running the following ratios

Spurs

First = 46T
Second = 42T


Pinions
First = 16T
Second = 20T

__________________________________________________ __

Changing the spurs gears to,

Spurs
First = 44T
Second = 40T


Is almost the same as one tooth on the pinions right


Pinions
First = 17T
Second = 21T


I know roll outs come into play but changing the spurs is one option...
Well since we have no pinion options yet (coming soon), we can only change the spurs. I have not been in a situation where i needed more gear than 44/40, any more than that and your midrange suffers. With that being said a long stroke engine is not all that great with our cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rptech1 View Post
Hi why do you remove the shims??
If I was to leave the shims in would the following be almost the same

Front Diff = 200,000wt
Rear Diff = 20,000wt

Thank you for the assistance, just trying to understand the suggested changes

Regards Rob
the shims are not needed and free up the difs dramatically, just remove them, I have yet to ever strip the dif gears and all of the team drivers run them this way. But to answer your question with the shims in 60k/10k feels close to the same. Car will run better with them out
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #872
Tech Adept
 
Roberto168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Monavale
Posts: 122
Smile Gearing gt8 for long tracks

RE; Pinion gears? Has anybody tried any clutch bell gears of other brand cars to see it they fit the Team C clutch bell? I tried mugen MRX5 gears today, 1st gear nearly fits but thread pitch is different so won't screw all the way on and second gear is not close at all? As we are also running foam tyres they are slightly smaller in Diamiter this also hurts our top speed. We really need 17/21 plus the Delrin spurs off Rc shock's for our local track. Has any one tried serpent 1/8 (977 or cobra) clutch bell gears? Or X-ray etc? I am tempted to run the mugen centax style clutch with 17/21 until we can get it sorted but it is not really allowed in the gt rules. Any help will be much appreciated.
Roberto168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #873
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,829
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto168 View Post
RE; Pinion gears? Has anybody tried any clutch bell gears of other brand cars to see it they fit the Team C clutch bell? I tried mugen MRX5 gears today, 1st gear nearly fits but thread pitch is different so won't screw all the way on and second gear is not close at all? As we are also running foam tyres they are slightly smaller in Diamiter this also hurts our top speed. We really need 17/21 plus the Delrin spurs off Rc shock's for our local track. Has any one tried serpent 1/8 (977 or cobra) clutch bell gears? Or X-ray etc? I am tempted to run the mugen centax style clutch with 17/21 until we can get it sorted but it is not really allowed in the gt rules. Any help will be much appreciated.
You can force the cobra pinions on but they are not the same ID pitch so i doubt if you will ever be able to get them to come off. Frenchie tried the DM1 clutch bell assembbly and it worked but you have to replace the bearings pretty much every race day at a minimum. I can custom make gears sets for you guys but you will need to buy them in quantity and at the same time. What engines do you run?
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #874
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,872
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Put me down for 17/21
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #875
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,829
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Ooops sorry i mean spur gears. i cannot make pinions in house!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #876
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 598
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
You can force the cobra pinions on but they are not the same ID pitch so i doubt if you will ever be able to get them to come off. Frenchie tried the DM1 clutch bell assembbly and it worked but you have to replace the bearings pretty much every race day at a minimum. I can custom make gears sets for you guys but you will need to buy them in quantity and at the same time. What engines do you run?
Dm1 bell isn't that bad I found. If you run 2 or 3 bearings in the front with the long stopper. Shimmed alil loose.
__________________
Brett Adams
Mugen MGT7
o.s. savox futaba
66 Box Nova all motor LSX
1966ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #877
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,872
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966ss View Post
Dm1 bell isn't that bad I found. If you run 2 or 3 bearings in the front with the long stopper. Shimmed alil loose.
+1 I ran 2 bearing up front lasted a lot longer.
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #878
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 50
Default

Anyone know where you can buy this car in Europe? (The Netherlands) The Border only has the Electric version and i've got enough electric already
Cheers!
Lyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #879
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
Default

Hi Lyrix,

Marcus Williams from RCShox would be able to ship to you, go to his web site http://www.rcshox.com/teamc-gt8-pro-kit/ he also has the parts and hot up items.... Regards Rob
rptech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 AM   #880
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,018
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default My Factory Team C / RcShox car powered by Factory Team Reds

I had a koolaid smile all weekend since finishing up my long awaited and detailed build and breaking in my motor. But today I was jumping with JOY, I finally got to run it and let me tell you fellas its a TOTAL BEAST!! Here's a couple of pics.

__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~SideWinder Fuel~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #881
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 161
Default

Hi Marcus I like your pics well done what engine is that Reds M7GT 7port and did you have to do much work to it. It appears that your favourite colour might be purple...

The shims are you mentioned to take out are part # T08304 or #T08633, thank you again for the support...

Regards rob
rptech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #882
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,829
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rptech1 View Post
Hi Marcus I like your pics well done what engine is that Reds M7GT 7port and did you have to do much work to it. It appears that your favourite colour might be purple...

The shims are you mentioned to take out are part # T08304 or #T08633, thank you again for the support...

Regards rob
Thats actually Tony's car! Purple was the only color that i could get all of the screw sizes in so i went with it but we actually like how it looks! Tony is running the badazz REDS M7tWC, its a long stroke demon, top of the line

The actual shims I use are not TeamC items, the bigger ones are Serpent and the smaller ones i just happened to have on hand.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #883
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,224
Default

Now thats a nice car Tony..... Its no wonder your excited about running her!

But stay off the Koolaid "Dude" ..... it really isn't good for you "old chap"

See you soon.

Regards,
BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #884
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Hello guys,

As you may know, year after year during the last 6 years, "Copa del Pacífico" event has been held in Lima - Peru. Next time is March 7th to 9th 2014.

In 2011 version, organization added GT Nitro Class on the event, and the class has been growing great all years.

So, once again, im inviting whoever wants to join us in Lima - Peru on the next "Copa del Pacifico" (Pacific Cup) ...

This is a short video of the track, hope you enjoy ...

Video : http://youtu.be/UX_ue-jQhmA


Event Flyer :



cya !!
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085

Last edited by Tabushi; 11-26-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #885
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rptech1 View Post
Hi Lyrix,

Marcus Williams from RCShox would be able to ship to you, go to his web site he also has the parts and hot up items.... Regards Rob
Thank you! I will have a look
Lyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Micro On Road & 1/18 Off Road Nats Thread RCMadness Micro and Mini Scales 1165 12-15-2013 04:49 PM
Team TTC GT-4 Singapore R/C Racers 7281 12-24-2010 09:45 AM
R/C Stuff Selling Kenneth Tan Singapore R/C Racers 45728 09-09-2009 08:19 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:13 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0