R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #706
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
DO TO UNREASONABLE CIRCUMSTANCES I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE I AM NO LONGER AFFILIATED IN ANYWAY TO ANY AND ALL SWEEP RACING PRODUCTS AND ITS COMPANY ENTIRELY. I WILL NO LONGER PROVIDE TECHNICAL,R+D ONLINE OR TRACKSIDE SUPPORT.I WAS ONLY A DEALER AND NEVER SPONSORED BY THEM JUST TRYING TO HELP A SECOND PLACE PRODUCT GET TO FIRST PLACE.

Up until now all of my setups revolved around SWEEP but they will now revolve around Alpha which has been a faster tire anyway.
Sorry guys.
Errr .... did we miss something?

Well I guess Alpha's gain there.

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #707
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Errr .... did we miss something?

Well I guess Alpha's gain there.

BM

I am sure something legal will come out of this so i will err on the side of there is always a certain percentage of what you read almost has to be true at some point, i witnessed a portion of it first hand.......
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #708
Tech Apprentice
 
NiteCap2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Irving TX
Posts: 58
Default

yeah...looking forward to getting my hands on that body.. have something good planned for it
NiteCap2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #709
Tech Regular
 
scooby61's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manassas Virginia
Posts: 336
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hoping for some help here
I have the ofna gtv2e rtr well it used to be any way I've upgraded most of the rtr bits but need threaded shocks
Does any one know if I buy just the shock bodies do will the internals swap over and does the shock bodies come with everything except the internals and the shaft
scooby61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #710
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby61 View Post
Hoping for some help here
I have the ofna gtv2e rtr well it used to be any way I've upgraded most of the rtr bits but need threaded shocks
Does any one know if I buy just the shock bodies do will the internals swap over and does the shock bodies come with everything except the internals and the shaft
Well the thing is that the shock bodies are only a few dollars cheaper than the entire set! Have no idea why they do that but to answer your question I really dont know if the shafts are the same size or not, i am pretty sure the bodies are smaller though.

I have a set of rears that i will sell you cheap but i have no fronts in stock right now.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #711
Tech Regular
 
scooby61's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manassas Virginia
Posts: 336
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Well the thing is that the shock bodies are only a few dollars cheaper than the entire set! Have no idea why they do that but to answer your question I really dont know if the shafts are the same size or not, i am pretty sure the bodies are smaller though.

I have a set of rears that i will sell you cheap but i have no fronts in stock right now.
how much for the rears??
scooby61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #712
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

PM me
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #713
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

more cool bodies!
Attached Thumbnails
Team C 1/8 GT car-audigt300.jpg   Team C 1/8 GT car-lfagt300.jpg   Team C 1/8 GT car-mercgt.jpg  
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #714
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
more cool bodies!
Ooooh nice!

Any of these come ready painted Marcus?
I've ended up with three bodies now I still have to paint?! .... lol

These look very good though...

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #715
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Ooooh nice!

Any of these come ready painted Marcus?
I've ended up with three bodies now I still have to paint?! .... lol

These look very good though...

BM


Actually yes, they can be purchased painted jut like the pix, there may not even be a price difference, still working on the details.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #716
Tech Master
 
DRRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

I'll take the Benz painted
How much are they and will it fit a DM1?
__________________
Team Wife
Mugen Seiki Racing
Mugenracing.com
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #717
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
I'll take the Benz painted
How much are they and will it fit a DM1?
they are for long chassis only, I am working on short chassis bodies but will take a while.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:52 AM   #718
jpn
Tech Master
 
jpn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,458
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Front diff ring & pinion damage...

I'm going thru ring and pinion gears quiet quickly, maybe something I have overlooked during rebuild, any tips are welcome.

If I just run a tank of fuel, no problem, but when I go to 3 tanks in a row, I notice the gear already slipping during hard braking...a clicking noise could be heard. I replace the gears, pinion bearings, put the .5mm gap and still same problem, gearbox did not have visual damage, could it be the gearbox was already warped, the pinion bearings was still tight to fit in the gearbox.
__________________
www.casarosario.net

HIROBO EAGLE3 SWM Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Freya EX2 Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Turbulence D3 90 O.S.91HZ - HIROBO LEPTON - ALIGN Trex 600N PRO Novarossi C50-H2 - COPTER X V2 - Futaba 12MZH
jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #719
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpn View Post
I'm going thru ring and pinion gears quiet quickly, maybe something I have overlooked during rebuild, any tips are welcome.

If I just run a tank of fuel, no problem, but when I go to 3 tanks in a row, I notice the gear already slipping during hard braking...a clicking noise could be heard. I replace the gears, pinion bearings, put the .5mm gap and still same problem, gearbox did not have visual damage, could it be the gearbox was already warped, the pinion bearings was still tight to fit in the gearbox.
helical gears are very strong and durable, you either have the mesh too tight or way too loose. how many shims are you using and what kind of grease are you lubing them with?
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #720
jpn
Tech Master
 
jpn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,458
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
helical gears are very strong and durable, you either have the mesh too tight or way too loose. how many shims are you using and what kind of grease are you lubing them with?
I have 2 shims just like the manual says. The grease I use is just normal synthetic grease form an auto supply store...
__________________
www.casarosario.net

HIROBO EAGLE3 SWM Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Freya EX2 Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Turbulence D3 90 O.S.91HZ - HIROBO LEPTON - ALIGN Trex 600N PRO Novarossi C50-H2 - COPTER X V2 - Futaba 12MZH
jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Micro On Road & 1/18 Off Road Nats Thread RCMadness Micro and Mini Scales 1165 12-15-2013 04:49 PM
Team TTC GT-4 Singapore R/C Racers 7281 12-24-2010 09:45 AM
R/C Stuff Selling Kenneth Tan Singapore R/C Racers 45728 09-09-2009 08:19 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0