R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #481
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BM

Front are rear gearbox are identical so I believe the tower will fit, and the length of front shocks should be ok for the ride height we are running for race set up....I haven't tried it yet but seems good on paper

HIROBO EAGLE3 SWM Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Freya EX2 Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Turbulence D3 90 O.S.91HZ - HIROBO LEPTON - ALIGN Trex 600N PRO Novarossi C50-H2 - COPTER X V2 - Futaba 12MZH
jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #482
Tech Regular

ok so I reset the shock pos. to Marcus's suggested settings and ordered the 3* toe plate and arm braces from rcshox. cant afford the 3* c hubs right now.
will report back as soon as I can test but the construction fools down the street decided to drop fist size balls of mud all over my testing area (stupid a$$holes) so cant make further adjustments until I can drive the car.

Marcus, off subject but I was looking at the t8te truggy but all the U.S. dealers that list it show none in stock. tcmodels has it but ships form china 3-6 weeks. Do you know of anywhere else I can get it and how is parts support for the other team c offerings?
scooby61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #483
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpn View Post
Would using the front shocks and tower for the rear be a good idea ? Maybe Marcus can give us some feedback on this matter ....
Quote:
BM

Front are rear gearbox are identical so I believe the tower will fit, and the length of front shocks should be ok for the ride height we are running for race set up....I haven't tried it yet but seems good on paper

I run the front shocks all the way around, I dont know if the body mounts will line up and the Roll center adjustments are also different. I can make the towers on a custom basis if anyone wants one. I am not going to produce them in quantity though, not enough demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby61 View Post
ok so I reset the shock pos. to Marcus's suggested settings and ordered the 3* toe plate and arm braces from rcshox. cant afford the 3* c hubs right now.
will report back as soon as I can test but the construction fools down the street decided to drop fist size balls of mud all over my testing area (stupid a$$holes) so cant make further adjustments until I can drive the car.

Marcus, off subject but I was looking at the t8te truggy but all the U.S. dealers that list it show none in stock. tcmodels has it but ships form china 3-6 weeks. Do you know of anywhere else I can get it and how is parts support for the other team c offerings?
I can check on it if you really want one. I can get from overseas in less than a week but shipping charges are around 70.00 to me maybe less if i need to order multiple kits.Most of the GT8 parts fit all of the 1/8 scale stuff with exception of arms and shafts, but i can get those in less than a week most of the time.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #484
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I run the front shocks all the way around, I dont know if the body mounts will line up and the Roll center adjustments are also different. I can make the towers on a custom basis if anyone wants one. I am not going to produce them in quantity though, not enough demand

I can check on it if you really want one. I can get from overseas in less than a week but shipping charges are around 70.00 to me maybe less if i need to order multiple kits.Most of the GT8 parts fit all of the 1/8 scale stuff with exception of arms and shafts, but i can get those in less than a week most of the time.
Price at tc models is 409.99 plus 79.00 shipping if you can do it faster and at the same price is rather go through you.
Just let me know how to set that up that truggy looks awesome.
scooby61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #485
Tech Regular

Marcus. Did you ever get a chance to build those Kyosho IGT arm braces yet ... ?
Yb2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #486
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
Marcus. Did you ever get a chance to build those Kyosho IGT arm braces yet ... ?
I have the car just haven't had time to mess with it yet, I plan on messing with it wituhun the next few weeks
Old 07-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #487
Tech Regular

Wink

Quote:
I have the car just haven't had time to mess with it yet, I plan on messing with it wituhun the next few weeks
Tks Marcus...I must say I have learnt a lot from you by reading this thread from start to finish...I even just installed extra chassis bracing on my IGT after seeing you do it...I posted a pic of my current race car in the Kyosho thread...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!
Yb2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #488
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
Tks Marcus...I must say I have learnt a lot from you by reading this thread from start to finish...I even just installed extra chassis bracing on my IGT after seeing you do it...I posted a pic of my current race car in the Kyosho thread...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!

Your very welcome! I am always working on something!!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #489
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Joe Kimble

First time out with the Team C yesterday. I qualified 4th in the A but then had a mishap on 2nd lap of the race.
The car handles like a dream and feels light. It's just ridiculous the amount of steering capability this car has.
Joe Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #490
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kimble View Post
First time out with the Team C yesterday. I qualified 4th in the A but then had a mishap on 2nd lap of the race.
The car handles like a dream and feels light. It's just ridiculous the amount of steering capability this car has.

Nice! what setup were you running? short or long chassis?

Everyone that drives my car says it feels like a slot car!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #491
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Joe Kimble

Quote:
Nice! what setup were you running? short or long chassis?

Everyone that drives my car says it feels like a slot car!
It's the short chassis... I'm the guy you've been emailing with back and forth today :-)

Basic info about the car as it is:

- Stock springs in back, shocks laid down.
- Serpent yellow springs in front, shocks laid down.
- 2 stage pistons all around, bigger bleeder hole on caps all around
- Gearing is 16/20 pinions and 45/41 spurs. 10/43 bevel gears
- Roll Centers high Front and Rear
- 3.5 degrees camber rear at ride high
- 2 degrees camber front at ride high
- Stock rear toe plate, toe = 3 degrees
- 0 degree toe front
- Stock Anti-Roll Bars front and rear

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 07-08-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Joe Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #492
Tech Champion

Quote:
It's the short chassis... I'm the guy you've been emailing with back and forth today :-)

Basic info about the car as it is:

- Stock springs in back, shocks laid down.
- Serpent yellow springs in front, shocks laid down.
- 2 stage pistons all around, bigger bleeder hole on caps all around
- Gearing is 16/20 pinions and 45/41 spurs. 10/43 bevel gears
- Roll Centers high Front and Rear
- 3.5 degrees camber rear at ride high
- 2 degrees camber front at ride high
- Stock rear toe plate, toe = 3 degrees
- 0 degree toe front
- Stock Anti-Roll Bars front and rear
did you verify your rear toe?
I had better luck standing the rear shocks up, once you get the engine up to speed the rear will probably want to rotate on exit when it does stand them up. right now you are not getting full power since your still breaking the engine in.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #493
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Your car look really good this past weekend frenchi,
Keep working on it.

Marcus will give you all the details to make your car work.
Neal Smith Mods.
Alpha Tires and Body.
Joseph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #494
jpn
Tech Master

What set up change to try for this?...(on a tight hairpin) All other turns (90 deg, chicanes, etc...)the car seems fine.

Initial turn in is good, mid corner entry is seems the car scrubs too much speed, once on the power again(exit) all is fine.

I want to find a way that is scrubs off less speed and be very flowing and round.

HIROBO EAGLE3 SWM Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Freya EX2 Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Turbulence D3 90 O.S.91HZ - HIROBO LEPTON - ALIGN Trex 600N PRO Novarossi C50-H2 - COPTER X V2 - Futaba 12MZH
jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #495
Tech Champion

Quote:
What set up change to try for this?...(on a tight hairpin) All other turns (90 deg, chicanes, etc...)the car seems fine.

Initial turn in is good, mid corner entry is seems the car scrubs too much speed, once on the power again(exit) all is fine.

I want to find a way that is scrubs off less speed and be very flowing and round.
Play with the roll center settings, Go all the way down in the front and all the way up in the rear and see if that helps. Toe out is also your friend!!