Team C 1/8 GT car >

Team C 1/8 GT car

Team C 1/8 GT car

Old 06-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by tbo713
So you don't keep them in stock
No reason too, I think i have sold one in the last 6 mths! I only stock parts that are popular and sell quickly.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Do I recall you saying Marcus that Team C were looking at upgrading the center drive shafts, or the wheel shafts?

Are these to be included in the kit or an option part?

BM
Old 07-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Need help on the gt8le/gtv2e setup I know your nitro guys here but there doesn't seem to be much going on in the other threads except for top speed straight line guys.
My issues are mainly getting the car to stay flat in the turns. Under power it wants lift the inside front wheel if I get that to stay down the rear end is all over the place any help apprecited.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by British Menace
Do I recall you saying Marcus that Team C were looking at upgrading the center drive shafts, or the wheel shafts?

Are these to be included in the kit or an option part?

BM
These are the ones they sent me for testing, they are the wheel shafts:

As you can imagine there are 1000's of kits already boxed and in distributors world wide so there is no way they can replace the ones that are in the kits already. These shafts are shared with the nitro and E buggy kits too. The most sensible thing to do is use remaining stock for kits and put the upgraded ones for sale as separate parts. These are still in testing phase so it will be a while before they are publicly available. With all that being said i think i am the only one that has managed to break them, the previous ones have been used for years

Originally Posted by scooby61
Need help on the gt8le/gtv2e setup I know your nitro guys here but there doesn't seem to be much going on in the other threads except for top speed straight line guys.
My issues are mainly getting the car to stay flat in the turns. Under power it wants lift the inside front wheel if I get that to stay down the rear end is all over the place any help apprecited.

Search this thread for my setup and start from there but it sounds to me like your ride height is too high and your droop settings are off. you should also go with 1500 front shock oil and 1200 rear. The long chassis has lots of flex I have found that the aluminum chassis braces really help control it along with the LRP arm braces, which i would add first.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

completely forgotten to post these pics, as I've said before in this thread, I have a GT8L that comes with a Nissan GTR shell.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Rookie

and I've come up with a superb way of over coming the wrong parts given to us from the kit

but....back on topic a bit......

as I've said before, I felt the standard brakes are a bit sh!t from just looking at it, and since I have a few parts laying about, I've tried fitting brakes from another brand, mainly Kyosho

Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Also some funny cr@p from TeamC

Read the BOX.

English is not my first language, so please someone explain to me what is Rear To Run...

And, Box says Picco engine, and look...

Novarossi....
Old 07-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Well, your just a "ray of sunshine" arent ya! Do you have anything positive to say at all?

Why are you posting pix about an offroad buggy,who cares?

Last edited by MantisWorx; 07-01-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Well here is something positive to erase ^^^
This is my latest turnkey Team Car build for a customer that is racing in the Timezone event! The car is a carbon copy of my car except is has a Nova basic rally
  • full ceramics
  • RCShox gearset
  • RCShox ballbearing ackerman bar
  • RCshox 2 stage pistons
  • RCShox spec engine
  • LRP arm braces
  • STOCK BRAKES!!!
  • AL transmission mount
  • 10* Chub holder
  • Upgrade engine mount
  • RCShox V2 toe block

Car has been very quick in testing, one more session this week and then off it goes!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Well, your just a "ray of sunshine" arent ya! Do you have anything positive to say at all?

Why are you posting pix about an offroad buggy,who cares?
What, you can't take a bit of banter?

Here, insert these's into my posts to make you feel better

And,

With regards to my opinion on stock brakes, look, I changed them due to my own feelings towards those stock brakes are not good enough, these's are MY opinion's, I had NOT FORCED anyone to follow my path.

My idea on changing to brakes from Kyosho is simply because...I CAN, and to show it can be done, it's just the same as anyone who likes to mod their cars, add a bit of bling as to say...

anyway...

I come up here to voice my opinion, I voiced how my feeling's were with regards to a $380usd car, I liked some of it, I hated some of it too.

I'm not going to target you nor anyone on here who runs a TeamC car, I'm just simply voicing my opinions.

Last edited by casemate; 07-02-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey CASEMATE ... your brake choice is bad man ... this kyosho brakes that you put in your car is a shit man .... your original brake is 1000 times better than the one you installed .... i run kyosho cars and i know what i talking about ok ... just a tip for you for dont have a bad surprise on the track ... original ones are the way to go .... have fun man, not a headache !!!

att

guga
Old 07-02-2013, 06:11 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OE brakes of the GT8 are more than enough...upgraded brakes would be better just like any other kit on the market that have upgraded brakes, but really that type of Kyosho brakes in the pic are probably from the late 1990s...you will feel a lot of brake fade at the speeds the present cars can reach....
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

kyosho have a nice brake type ... but is not this in the pic ( is the sp2WC brake calipers with bonded pads that works very good )... this in the photos is an rtr brake ... and will last 2 or 3 minutes to start collapse ...

my igt is running a fiber glass brake system by JQ .. that is amazing ... and I definitely chose this type of brakes to run, due to its great braking power and low working temperatures compared to conventional brakes (metal disks and pads ferrodo) that melt the tranny support !!!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by casemate
What, you can't take a bit of banter?

Here, insert these's into my posts to make you feel better

And,

With regards to my opinion on stock brakes, look, I changed them due to my own feelings towards those stock brakes are not good enough, these's are MY opinion's, I had NOT FORCED anyone to follow my path.

My idea on changing to brakes from Kyosho is simply because...I CAN, and to show it can be done, it's just the same as anyone who likes to mod their cars, add a bit of bling as to say...

anyway...

I come up here to voice my opinion, I voiced how my feeling's were with regards to a $380usd car, I liked some of it, I hated some of it too.

I'm not going to target you nor anyone on here who runs a TeamC car, I'm just simply voicing my opinions.
Well do us all a favor and keep it positive. I get enough "banter" trust me!
BTW the kit is not 380USD

The brake issues you were having is because of the transmission mount not the actual brakes, stock brakes with the aluminum transmission mount work very good. Seeing as you are just now installing the AL mount you wouldnt know this.

Me as well as most of my followers dont care to see negative post that ultimately end up with me being the bad guy. So like your momma probably told you if you can t say something nice dont say anything at all!! lets keep it positive or you can start your own "TeamC bash" thread
Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Well do us all a favor and keep it positive. I get enough "banter" trust me!
BTW the kit is not 380USD

The brake issues you were having is because of the transmission mount not the actual brakes, stock brakes with the aluminum transmission mount work very good. Seeing as you are just now installing the AL mount you wouldnt know this.

Me as well as most of my followers dont care to see negative post that ultimately end up with me being the bad guy. So like your momma probably told you if you can t say something nice dont say anything at all!! lets keep it positive or you can start your own "TeamC bash" thread
Well said Marcus .. Lets all keep the peace ! As for the poor English on the buggy
Box ... That's was just lost in translation ... I remember when I was building my full scale Toyota Supra 10 yrs ago. All the made in JAPAN parts from HKS and GREDDY had even funnier descriptions written on the boxes !!!! Lol... Also very interesting what you said about the vent holes. I will have to do that on my next Mclaren body ... Wow... Great R&D my brother !!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.