Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Those gears do not exist. you have 45/46/47 for first and 41/42/43 for second (40 with the delrin gear set) with a 28 you want the smallest spurs you can get, it doesnt have near the RPMS of a 21 onroad engine!! 7 and 9 port onroads turn upwards of 40k rpms! 28's are in the low 30's but have monster torque.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbo713
I am using the os28 and I plan on racing up blue diamond
I ran the 45/40 combo from Rc shox at blue diamond this weekend at the Byron's east coast race . The back straight at blue diamond is 225' . I had plenty of speed and the car was a bullet thru the infield . Finished 2nd ,the car is getting better and better every week .
Thanks Marcus .
Old 05-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rob B99
I ran the 45/40 combo from Rc shox at blue diamond this weekend at the Byron's east coast race . The back straight at blue diamond is 225' . I had plenty of speed and the car was a bullet thru the infield . Finished 2nd ,the car is getting better and better every week .
Thanks Marcus .
Cool I will order them today thanks
Old 06-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking for the big bore shocks for the gt8le can someone look in their manual and give me the part numbers for the front and rear complete shock assembly please.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scooby61
Looking for the big bore shocks for the gt8le can someone look in their manual and give me the part numbers for the front and rear complete shock assembly please.
http://www.rcshox.com/t08848-rear-shock-set/
http://www.rcshox.com/to8847-front-shock-set/

I am out of stock on the fronts right now
Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

I will give a race report later I am jet lagging right now and tired from the Byrons challenge!
Car was excellent, very quick. I have a brand new setup and some very useful tips that i discovered over the weekend as well as a new part that i prototyped! it is in one of these photos see if you can find it!! This was the best event i have been to huge GT crowd and beautiful facilities

I ran the new TeamC hard springs and stock sway bars also went back to the platic chassis braces, car likes the added flex.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Cool good times

Marcus was nice to meet at this event.your car looked wicked fast,saw the main to clean on the track,hope to see you again next year.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It is in this pic, right?
Attached Thumbnails Team C 1/8 GT car-tc.jpg  
Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

yup!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

new shock towers ???
Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Well actually the shock towers are new but the only difference is that i lowered the body mount holes 10mm so that i could get the body lower. doubt if i will produce them other than custom. But you are warm LOL!

How do you like the new logo?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

ackerman plate have a nice design ... uhnnnn
Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lagos
ackerman plate have a nice design ... uhnnnn
Bingo!! ball bearing supported and altered geometry also eliminates bump steer!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Just read the whole thread .... quite a develoment story Marcus.
Congrats .......

What does the team c car come with now due to your recommendations that it didn't before?

Are they putting in the upgraded oneway bearing into the new kits?
And what body comes with it?

Sorry if I seam a little sharp or inpatient ..... been a long read

It really does sound like the car is better and getting better every week.

BM
Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by British Menace
Just read the whole thread .... quite a develoment story Marcus.
Congrats .......

What does the team c car come with now due to your recommendations that it didn't before?

Are they putting in the upgraded oneway bearing into the new kits?
And what body comes with it?

Sorry if I seam a little sharp or inpatient ..... been a long read

It really does sound like the car is better and getting better every week.

BM
Glad you asked!!
in the beginning the main issues were the one way bearing, engine mount slots did not allow full engagement thus creating stripped gear issues, soft gear cases and rear toe block dimension not allowing a low enough toe angle. On my setup station with the stock toe block the lowest toe in i could come up with was 7*!! One thing to keep in mind is that this class is only popular in the US and TeamC sells the long chassis kits on a 4:1 ratio so anything that i have them do really is just for me! with that being said i am selling kits on a weekly basis now, what was one a month is now 5-6 a month and most of them are builds or turnkey jobs. I truly believe as the class evolves the car is going to bridge the gap with the Serpent numbers.There is a reason why TC cars use the flat chassis. I was the only non Serpent car in the byrons A main which was arguably the toughest GT turnout as of yet, I was down on power yet still managed to hang in there with the best.
Unfortunately i am always fighting the rumors that the car needs LOTS of upgrades and mods to keep up and this simply is not true at all, and to add to this not everyone is trying to compete with the best which I am. In the beginning there were lots of issues and TeamC had no one to campaign the car which is why I am here. I started racing for TeamC in offroad not on road and Until i got this car i NEVER even started a nitro car!
Since I started working on this project here is what the factory has come up with and /or fixed:
  • chassis slots have been fixed so now gear mesh is good
  • They have released spring sets now
  • Sway bar kits are in the works although the stocks have been perfect for me
  • gear case material has been upgraded to a better material
  • new tougher CVD's are being sent to me right now for testing

On top of this you have me working every weekend and racing at a national level making the car better and providing feedback to the public so you guys are not in the dark. TeamC also picked up another factory racer Rob Bendall to campaign the car on the east coast, he and I working together.
Any kit that is sold through RCshox comes with a free oneway bearing and toe block, the V3 offroad buggy was just released and has a new toe block system so when i get ahold of one i will retrofit the inserts to work for us but in the meantime my blocks work perfect. I strongly recommend the 10* C hubs and aluminum transmision mount, anything else is just personal preference. Hop ups and upgrades are not a negative as some would think!
The products that LRP and RCShox come up with are items that make the car faster simple as that, you dont HAVE to purchase them but they will make the car better!

Once i catch up on orders and get past the SWCS event this weekend i will do a write up on some new things i have come up with setups and building tips! I also have a good vid from the Byrons race that i need to edit so you can see the car ins its current state in action!
To me this past weekend was my best output fromt he car, i had some typical crappy luck in the main (lost radio bind and destroyed a pinion bearing) neither of which had anything to do with TeamC. used the same gears the entire weekend, didnt break any CVD's finished every qualifier ( i was suffering from flameouts randomly all weekend). I am now happy with the consistency of the car and performance, now i can move on to power and handling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.