R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #346
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

measure the front of the body at the wheels and the rear of the body at the wheels and tell me what the difference is.

I am an official dealer and have painted and installed many of those bodies and have never had this issue. I find it hard to believe that TeamC has sold 1000's of these bodies and yours is the first one to have this issue??

One of the points I think Tony was saying is that i ALWAYS at least set the body down on the chassis to see where the holes and wheel wells will line up. If you did this first how is it that you didnt notice that the wheels would not fit into the body, thats pretty drastic?? Clone bodies use a body for the mold instead of a real mold because they are expensive therefore they are always out of proportion and do not fit.

Writing off the entire brand because of a 30 dollar body and a can of spray paint seems a bit extreme doesnt it? Dude , your car is jacked up, not the body. after looking closely at your picture the body seems to be straight, what kind of chassis is that?Looking at the body post i can tell that it is not a TeamC GT8.

Last edited by MantisWorx; 05-06-2013 at 10:14 AM.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #347
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Marcus, here is his original post:

havnt changed anything . This body is a 325-330mm short chassis body . From TeamC that I bought to put on my Ofna GT8 short chassis car. But after going through the process of cutting and painted when I went to mark the body post holes , I couldnt get it to line u cover both wheels then I noticed this god damn thing was to narrow .

Correct me if I am wrong, but the side of the body appears to be the same width in the rear ... along the bottom side and the front ....

If this is correct, the issue is with the front width. You can make the front wider than the rear, but it does not steer or handle well. I normally have my front 3-5mm narrow at the front, which should solve his issue

Keep up the work with the Team C car, I'm working to keep the DM-1 in the mix. I was looking forward to meeting you in Houston, but a knee issue kept me from making the 16 hour drive down. Maybe the Byrons Race, unless you could make it up to Lincoln Nebraska for the Fireball Race Memorial weekend.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #348
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Marcus, here is his original post:

havnt changed anything . This body is a 325-330mm short chassis body . From TeamC that I bought to put on my Ofna GT8 short chassis car. But after going through the process of cutting and painted when I went to mark the body post holes , I couldnt get it to line u cover both wheels then I noticed this god damn thing was to narrow .

Correct me if I am wrong, but the side of the body appears to be the same width in the rear ... along the bottom side and the front ....

If this is correct, the issue is with the front width. You can make the front wider than the rear, but it does not steer or handle well. I normally have my front 3-5mm narrow at the front, which should solve his issue

Keep up the work with the Team C car, I'm working to keep the DM-1 in the mix. I was looking forward to meeting you in Houston, but a knee issue kept me from making the 16 hour drive down. Maybe the Byrons Race, unless you could make it up to Lincoln Nebraska for the Fireball Race Memorial weekend.
I am moving on from that ordeal, its user error for sure

The DM1 is a good car i tuned about a dozen of them this past weekend in brownsville so many that i would like to R+D some 2 stage pistons and braces for it, If you can send me a shock and/or a chassis with arms attached i will send you some parts to test! let me know. Not sure about Nebraska, my schedule is getting tighter and tighter by the day! Big E coming up in a few weeks, Byrons and the carribean race in the DR that i am trying to make.

We had a Team MERLIN Fuel promo race this weekend in Brownsville TX (6hr drive for us) it was a huge success and we had a blast!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWAC...ature=youtu.be
TeamC got TQ and track record with a second in the main!

Old 05-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #349
Tech Champion

Old 05-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #350
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MantisWorx;12125824]I am moving on from that ordeal, its user error for sure

It really wasnt a ordeal , Or user error , but error on the manufacturer Not trying to get anyone butthurt about their sponsor or brand and I didnt really mean to post it here but this is really the only TeamC onroad criteria I could find on this forum without starting my own post. And if I posted this in paint and bodies section chances are no one would know jack because 99% dont run a TeamC car or havnt heard of it . Just because Im not running it on a teamC chassis doesnt mean my car is jacked . maybe not as tuned as yours but the question was about the body not the car, why I decided to paint it after the fact isnt really the question here either .
Now I did measure the body , I can get technical with 8ths and 16ths but for others that cant measure that way the front measures at right under 11 3/4inches and the rears measure just over 11 3/4 . Personally dont know if they are supposed to be the same or not . But it really isnt a matter of life and death Or about a $30 body and a can of paint which comes out to half of what it really cost me in the end minus prep,paint time and time wasting posting here about it . The only issue I have was I wanted a 1/8scale short chassis 325mm corvette body and even ordered a $15 decal sheet for it .
Yea if TeamC wants to send me a shipping label so I can send it back to them and they can measure to their others ones and if wrong send me a good one not manufacture defect one and give me one that will flare out over my tires then untill then I will not be purchasing anything with the name brand .
I even tried the body on my InfernoGT with stock kyosho wheels and tires which are smaller then alpha slicks and not as bad but still not acceptable . Anyhow it is what it is , not really stressin it as it was my test body to try flat paint on , I bought 3 of them and sold one for what all 3 bodies cost me , so I aint pressed . I just hope theirs are normal and not like mine because Id hate to have unhappy customers . Didnt come in to bash this brand just to see if anyone else had body fitments like I did .
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #351
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When will be able to get the gear choices from Team C? I fixed the one-way issue myself, but the gears being limited is making me crazy. I have debated changing to another brand of two speed to have options. they show the gear on their site, but you can't get them. If I have to make too many more one off changes to this car, I may be driving something else soon.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #352
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok guys today we available the new 43-13 gearing for the differentials the part number is 60836 it is sold as a bevel and pinion gear set, 1 pc each in a bag. You can get them from OFNAWAREHOUSE.COM if you like to purchase right away or go to Nitrohouse.com if you wish to place the order over the phone.

Last edited by -R2-; 05-07-2013 at 03:06 PM.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #353
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
When will be able to get the gear choices from Team C? I fixed the one-way issue myself, but the gears being limited is making me crazy. I have debated changing to another brand of two speed to have options. they show the gear on their site, but you can't get them. If I have to make too many more one off changes to this car, I may be driving something else soon.
What gear choices are you looking for? My 45/40 combo will be ready by

By the end of the week and its way more than enough gear for any track! That's what ran in porter on a long track and again this past weekend in A shorter track! I have used it with 5/7/9 port with no issues!

Are you talking about pinions?

I am also running what is essentially a stock car except for spur gears and the rear shock tower which isn't needed at all, I even run stock springs now!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #354
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=FLoJo;12126032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post

It really wasnt a ordeal , Or user error , but error on the manufacturer Not trying to get anyone butthurt about their sponsor or brand and I didnt really mean to post it here but this is really the only TeamC onroad criteria I could find on this forum without starting my own post. And if I posted this in paint and bodies section chances are no one would know jack because 99% dont run a TeamC car or havnt heard of it . Just because Im not running it on a teamC chassis doesnt mean my car is jacked . maybe not as tuned as yours but the question was about the body not the car, why I decided to paint it after the fact isnt really the question here either .
Now I did measure the body , I can get technical with 8ths and 16ths but for others that cant measure that way the front measures at right under 11 3/4inches and the rears measure just over 11 3/4 . Personally dont know if they are supposed to be the same or not . But it really isnt a matter of life and death Or about a $30 body and a can of paint which comes out to half of what it really cost me in the end minus prep,paint time and time wasting posting here about it . The only issue I have was I wanted a 1/8scale short chassis 325mm corvette body and even ordered a $15 decal sheet for it .
Yea if TeamC wants to send me a shipping label so I can send it back to them and they can measure to their others ones and if wrong send me a good one not manufacture defect one and give me one that will flare out over my tires then untill then I will not be purchasing anything with the name brand .
I even tried the body on my InfernoGT with stock kyosho wheels and tires which are smaller then alpha slicks and not as bad but still not acceptable . Anyhow it is what it is , not really stressin it as it was my test body to try flat paint on , I bought 3 of them and sold one for what all 3 bodies cost me , so I aint pressed . I just hope theirs are normal and not like mine because Id hate to have unhappy customers . Didnt come in to bash this brand just to see if anyone else had body fitments like I did .
There is nothing wrong with the body, the track width of your car is the issue. Its a TeamC body designed for a Team C car and you installed the body on a car that has a wider track in the front? Why would Team C do anything? If you opened the box on a new Team C kit and it didnt fit , you would have a valid point. I built two kits just last week with that body and it fit perfect, tires may have stuck out a mm or so but that is it. My personal car is 11 7/8 wide with extensions so it would fit that body just fine.....

Last edited by MantisWorx; 05-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #355
Tech Fanatic

Marcus, I want those gears as quickly as possible. I'm heading back to L.A. for the KOpropo race and would love to have them. Please let me know how I can order some things from you without using paypal. I'll prepay with cashier check if I have to.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #356
Tech Regular

Smile

[QUOTE=FLoJo;12126032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post

Is that car actually an OFNA Ultra GP 2E, as hinted by the velcro strap sticking out of side of body and OFNA product site photo showing a wider front track than a rear track????

That would hint to me that it's not actually a Teamc Problem but a 'cross-branding' issue.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #357
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Marcus, I want those gears as quickly as possible. I'm heading back to L.A. for the KOpropo race and would love to have them. Please let me know how I can order some things from you without using paypal. I'll prepay with cashier check if I have to.
I have a set ready to go, fastest way would be to either send a money order or have a friend paypal me and i can send them out tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #358
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Marcus, hope to see them soon.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #359
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Just Go DM-1 and you will be okay.................LOL
Tamiya f104 Pro V2, Tamiya 101
DK McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #360