R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #331
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Marcus, the next time you run in Austin, I have a standing deal that whenever we have 5 or more entries in GT8 for a club race, the winner of the A-Main earns the following 1/8 scale decal:

Thats Funny, I will be there soon!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #332
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Interesting statements, I admit that the TeamC of 2 years ago had issues with quality and what not but I have had AE kits that just plain sucked!! I currently have 5 TC kits and they are all excellent quality or i would simply not run them. If you want to base your opinion on a one way bearing and being short some brake shafts so be it but 1 part out of a thousand really means nothing! After 6mths of hard running I am JUST now replacing the rear outdrives (fronts are perfect), still have original arms, front bulkhead and all linkages and what nots. The CVD that broke last weekend was the original and I actually havent heard of anyone else breaking one. This holds true for my offroad stuff too! At any rate we can agree to dis-agree on the "cheap chinese crap", Its simply not true

BTW I have your pics but they are locked, i can only look at them and they will not show a preview?????
The photos are in RAR zip, should open up fine with RAR...a least on my end it is...

With regards to my opinion on TC, you'll have to re-read my post , I admit my post is a bit vague in 'my' view on TC vs 'others' views on TC .

But on the most part here in HK, TC is just not good enough to be a outstanding brand, and in 'my' view, yes, TC [KIT] cars are good enough quality for the money, but apart from their KIT, most other things are really lacking in quality department.

As a whole and viewing the big picture, a company should have their product in a standard where even if its a RTR the overall quality should be good enough for the price paid.

But TC currently seems like a company which is typical of a Chinese company, focus on people with big money to spend, and neglect everything else below.

Granted, their KIT isn't that expensive, and their RTR cost even less than the nearest competitor, but that isn't a excuse for poor company profile management.

HOWEVER! We're focusing on TC in this thread, and I know for sure there are many companies out there which is having the same problem.

I'm slating TC is because I own their product, and I can compare side by side to other companies product day in day out. When there's a whole street full of Hobby Shop 30mins away containing around 15 stores, it kinda act like a double edge sword - meaning sometimes not seeing is a good thing
casemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #333
Tech Champion

Fair enough!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #334
Tech Champion

THA VID!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU1l6...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #335
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
you had a good start of the race man
car looked very stable

I now understand what your rcshox pistons can do and how it performs
I would like to order for my mugens and my GTs
The shocks are so smooth with those pistons on

I am also thinking of getting a Team C car with your options
That car with your set up and the R and D you have done has just made the car faster
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #336
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

question ??
I just picked up a teamC body , was supposed to be the vette version but it came as their new updated short chassis body . after cutting and whatnot , the wheel wells seem to be not wide enough for the wheelbase on GT8 cars I have . the tires stick out about a inch on both sides . Anyone else have this body or issues , or does the teamC gt8 car have a more narrow width then say ofna , kyosho GT8 cars?? cannot figure out lol
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #337
C@T
Tech Adept

@ FloJo

How wide is your car ? The GT8-E is 395 mm wide. The R8 body is 405 mm.
Wheelbase is 360 mm. So everythin fit nicely.

Donīt know if and what is changed with the body you have
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #338
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@T View Post
@ FloJo

How wide is your car ? The GT8-E is 395 mm wide. The R8 body is 405 mm.
Wheelbase is 360 mm. So everythin fit nicely.

Donīt know if and what is changed with the body you have
havnt changed anything . This body is a 325-330mm short chassis body . From TeamC that I bought to put on my Ofna GT8 short chassis car. But after going through the process of cutting and painted when I went to mark the body post holes , I couldnt get it to line u cover both wheels then I noticed this god damn thing was to narrow .

This is the website listing of the body for sale ......
This is a Team C TECT08870 1/8th Scale Chevrolet Corvette GT Car Body. This fits short chassis 1/8th scale cars such as the Kyosho Inferno GT (325mm Wheelbase). The set includes the body, window masks, decals, wing, and protective overspray film. This is the body that comes stock on the Team C GT8 1/8th scale car.

I ahve the R8 body on my GT2 along with 20 other short and long wheels base onroad bodies and none have ended up coming short like this , Im tempted to call the company and go off on them because I bought 3 of them and sold the others to my friends and they have other GT8 non-TeamC cars and going to have the same outcome as me lol . Hence I will have to reimburse them and Im not sure if the company will take back cut up and painted bodies ? Thats really my only concern aside from the fact of purchasing the bodie , 2 cans of paints and can of mattefinish paint .. and all the time it took to mask , cut and recut film and what not lol
but this is how it sits on my gt8 car lookin all wack n shit

Old 05-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #339
C@T
Tech Adept

That does realy look shitty.

I would send them back and also claim the cost for the color you bought.

They should be generous after they have already blamed themthelves.

Hard to understand what made them do that. Have they used a master with -10° of camber fiddeled in, or something similar foolish ?
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #340
Tech Regular

Default wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
havnt changed anything . This body is a 325-330mm short chassis body . From TeamC that I bought to put on my Ofna GT8 short chassis car. But after going through the process of cutting and painted when I went to mark the body post holes , I couldnt get it to line u cover both wheels then I noticed this god damn thing was to narrow .

This is the website listing of the body for sale ......
This is a Team C TECT08870 1/8th Scale Chevrolet Corvette GT Car Body. This fits short chassis 1/8th scale cars such as the Kyosho Inferno GT (325mm Wheelbase). The set includes the body, window masks, decals, wing, and protective overspray film. This is the body that comes stock on the Team C GT8 1/8th scale car.

I ahve the R8 body on my GT2 along with 20 other short and long wheels base onroad bodies and none have ended up coming short like this , Im tempted to call the company and go off on them because I bought 3 of them and sold the others to my friends and they have other GT8 non-TeamC cars and going to have the same outcome as me lol . Hence I will have to reimburse them and Im not sure if the company will take back cut up and painted bodies ? Thats really my only concern aside from the fact of purchasing the bodie , 2 cans of paints and can of mattefinish paint .. and all the time it took to mask , cut and recut film and what not lol
but this is how it sits on my gt8 car lookin all wack n shit

After your buddies beat the crap out of you, could I issue a quote on your behalf that 'there is something grossly wrong with this picture'...........

We in the GT 'REALM' need a closer link with reality..................!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK..........
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #341
Tech Adept

honestly wouldnt have cared had the fenders flared out an inch on each side but this is unacceptable and it was my first flat finish and I was pretty pleased with the outcome lol . I got them from RCboyz.com . Im going to call them Monday and see what they say . Hopefully they are cool about it but they have messed up my order before and said they would give me a 5% of my next purchase and I spent over $100 for these bodies and when inquiring about my discount , they couldnt do anything . That leads me to believe they wont be making this easy to get a refund or differnt bodies they have in stock . Sorry to bring this issue into this thread just thought someone might of experienced same thing with one of these short chassis bodies ..
Old 05-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #342
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

WOW!! Looks good but..

FIRST, you didn't buy a Official Team C body...

SECOND, most people put the clear body on car to mark body mount holes and make sure it's going to fit properly. Especially when painting black.

And last sounds like you bought it off Ebay instead of actual dealer. Tough luck

Live and learn
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #343
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

The way the car was running today I'm a believer Marcus
My DM 1 will never be that smooth. The R and D you have done to make this car fast is impressive
I will order your short chassis Team C roller with the rcshox pistons and LRP stiffener from you will call you Tom
Thanks man for all the info
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #344
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
The way the car was running today I'm a believer Marcus
My DM 1 will never be that smooth. The R and D you have done to make this car fast is impressive
I will order your short chassis Team C roller with the rcshox pistons and LRP stiffener from you will call you Tom
Thanks man for all the info
Excellent, you will love the car, its so much easier to drive hard!

FYI the LRP stiffeners are manufactured and designed by RCShox, anything sold for TeamC goes by RCShox, LRP stiffeners are made specifically for the Cobra. There will be a few items in the future that will crossover for both brands.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #345
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
WOW!! Looks good but..

FIRST, you didn't buy a Official Team C body...

It sure as hell is a Official fugazi TeamC body TECT08870

SECOND, most people put the clear body on car to mark body mount holes and make sure it's going to fit properly. Especially when painting black.

Ive painted enough bodies and marked plenty of holes , actually thought my tires might have been too wide becuase I was running some TeamC treaded tires on ofna rims so I thought due to offset the rims might have stuck out further then my grp or alphas but same shit

And last sounds like you bought it off Ebay instead of actual dealer. Tough luck
I stated in previous post that I purchased from RCboyz.com , not sure if their an actually dealer of Team C but they sold their bodies and ive purchase Team C tires from them before , tough luck is crashing the car with a brand new body , this is just fckd up

Live and learn
I'll live but what Ive learned is this is last time I buy anything with that brand name on it

this is where I bought that body , tell me if im mistaken but it says Corvette short chassis body , that is the only reason I purchased was cuz I wanted a short chassis vette body http://www.rcboyz.com/product.php?pr...=&bestseller=Y

this is what that have on teamc website as their new release body
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71

this is the pic from their website