R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #256
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin G View Post
Raced the Team C GT8 that was turn-key built by Marcus at RC Shox today for the first time. Actually my first GT8 race and only 2nd time ever racing Nitro. I have to say that this Team C GT8 has got to be my favorite car I have ever owned. Marcus, the build was top notch. The only adjusting I did was to slowly but surely lean out this motor a little bit at a time. It now has 11 tanks through it since you broke it in. She is really coming to life. So how did it do? Well it won 2 out of 3 qals and won the main. Lovin it!!!
Was fun racin with ya Aaron. I'll be sure to charge my batteries next time. LOL! Changing the oneway bearing out didn't give me a chance to put a charge on my car before the main. I had it in the bag up until my receiver pack took a dump. See ya at the track soon.
SWEEP Tires
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #257
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks D...the sun shines on a dogs behind every once in a while. So I will take them when I can get them You sure did have it in the bag. Anytime I gained on you it was 10ths, and I needed a couple seconds. But it was a blast!!
Rockin G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #258
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin G View Post
Thanks D...the sun shines on a dogs behind every once in a while. So I will take them when I can get them You sure did have it in the bag. Anytime I gained on you it was 10ths, and I needed a couple seconds. But it was a blast!!
That Rally Game Novarossi .21 of yours is no joke. I'll be looking to pick one up for short tracks like Al's. I do like my Kangaroo .21 though. It's got legs!
SWEEP Tires
Old 04-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #259
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speyederjedi View Post
That Rally Game Novarossi .21 of yours is no joke. I'll be looking to pick one up for short tracks like Al's. I do like my Kangaroo .21 though. It's got legs!
I am about to begin working on a modified Rally game, Aarons engine seems to have as much top speed as my Kangaroo SYDWC stock. They have the same piston/sleeve and rod. the only difference i can see is the crank and head. For the money its a good deal.

When are you guys having another saturday race? I am gonna have to come down there, we never actually race here. As soon as Jeremey announces a race everyone goes home Any of you coming to the Novarossi challenge in two weeks?
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #260
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I am about to begin working on a modified Rally game, Aarons engine seems to have as much top speed as my Kangaroo SYDWC stock. They have the same piston/sleeve and rod. the only difference i can see is the crank and head. For the money its a good deal.

When are you guys having another saturday race? I am gonna have to come down there, we never actually race here. As soon as Jeremey announces a race everyone goes home Any of you coming to the Novarossi challenge in two weeks?
Marcus,

We should be doing another road course race on Saturday the 20th at Al's. They are racing there this Saturday the 13th but it's going to be an oval track setup.

I haven't decided if I am going to Houston for the Novarossi Challenge. I have a lot on my plate right now with my daughter's tennis and work but if I can squeeze it in I will. Should be a blast.

Regards,

Daniel
SWEEP Tires
Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #261
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Quote:

Do you allow electrics? My car can last up to a 15 min main. Got a link to the race flyer?

We alternate Sat/Sun racing each month, so we switch back to Sat races in May at the North store. By the way our track is now 20% larger than last time you raced out here
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #262
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Received my kit today ... Going to start the build tonight .
Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bill and Aaron yours will coming shortly. Speyederjedi come on up for another lesson. No for real the car has awesome steering just like a 1/10 electric car , I loved it. G the rear end on the car can benifit you on your entrys.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #264
Tech Master

Looking forward to Danny schooling all of us again! Wonder if we can get Shawn and Todd to really show us how to turn some fast lap times too!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #265
Tech Champion

If i dont end up in brownsville that weekend i will come up there and dice it out with you guys! If that doesnt happen i will come down after the Nova challenge! Save some of that smack talk for me!!!!LOL
Old 04-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #266
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Do you allow electrics? My car can last up to a 15 min main. Got a link to the race flyer?

We alternate Sat/Sun racing each month, so we switch back to Sat races in May at the North store. By the way our track is now 20% larger than last time you raced out here
There is a thread on the event right below this one!
NOVA ROSSI CHALLENGE@ GCR PORTER 04/26 thru 04/27
Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #267
Tech Master

Quote:
Save some of that smack talk for me!!!!LOL
I'm well aware of your mad skillz on the track , I pitted next to you at the Austin EOS last year, I was the guy having all kinds of issues with his 1/12 pan car which I sold not long after that event, ha!

Not sure I can make a 2 day race, I'm definitely a GT8 noob for sure! I guess my electric would be put in with the no motor limit class if I were to run out there?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #268
Tech Champion

Quote:
I'm well aware of your mad skillz on the track , I pitted next to you at the Austin EOS last year, I was the guy having all kinds of issues with his 1/12 pan car which I sold not long after that event, ha!

Not sure I can make a 2 day race, I'm definitely a GT8 noob for sure! I guess my electric would be put in with the no motor limit class if I were to run out there?

I think i remember you now, I meet so many people nowadays!

I am breaking in and tuning Seans car now, its almost the exact car as Aaron's!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #269
Tech Master

Are you building a car for Shawn "BIGCAT" Bucklin?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #270
Tech Champion

Quote:
Are you building a car for Shawn "BIGCAT" Bucklin?
No, its Sean Moore a local F1/TC racer.

Just returned from the track this morning, Tested a new rear shock tower that allows the use of front shocks in the rear and short springs. Testing went well, i went softer on the front springs with Serpent Yellows and the TeamC front springs (20#) in the rear, went up in rear oil to 1k to compensate for the stiffer spring rate. Track was semi prepped as it was prepped this past saturday but it is pollen season so it was a strange grip. It did exactly what i wanted, I could always get the car to turn in nicely but not rotate into the turn and now it does. I will see if i can get the conversion pieces (front shaft and front body seperately) to go along with the shock tower. Since i was busy breaking in another car and working on my F1 i didnt have time to mess with springs but i think the stock front springs and stock short rear springs may even be better.

Some notes on the shock tower:
the middle position is the same as the outside position on the stock tower so you can now stand the shock up more if needed.
The roll center holes now have the same settings for short and long links.

Sean will be hitting the track this weekend with his new car and i think we are going to actually have a club race this sunday!