Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Team C 1/8 GT car >

Team C 1/8 GT car

Team C 1/8 GT car

Old 03-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Thats Good to hear.Id pay The $ just to have the engine broken in.From what I hear You got the total Package.You can't beat That.

Good Job Marcus.

Last edited by rsgonza; 03-31-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Rockin G
Went and picked up the Team C GT8 from Marcus today. I desided to have Marcus build it for me. I do not regret that for one second. Not that is would have been hard to build, but Marcus did an awesome job of getting it just right. All I did was show up, put my receiver in and put my tires on. Once we got the travel set right I was on the track. I put 6 or 7 tanks on it and each run the car felt more and more sure of itself.

Not to sound like a commercial or anything, I will definately send out a ringing endorsement for him. If you are on the fence about whether to have him build it or not....I say go for it. He already knows what the car wants.

Thanks for everything Marcus.

Originally Posted by rsgonza
Thats Good to hear.Id pay The $ just to have the engine broken in.From what I hear You got the total Package.You can beat That.

Good Job Marcus.
Thanx guys! The smile on Aarons face when he came off the drivers stand after the first tank was worth it He looked like a 5 year old that got his first transformer toy! After that everytime i turned around he was back on the track burning nitro, I think he ran more than anyone else out there yesterday and the car was flawless for the mos part,one drive screw backed off and that was it!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Congrats on the new ride Aaron, I can't wait to see it in person!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe I should send my car to Marcus just cause I'm too lazy to work it over myself. Not a bad idea. Let's see how much do you want Marcus?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Maybe I should send my car to Marcus just cause I'm too lazy to work it over myself. Not a bad idea. Let's see how much do you want Marcus?

Just depends on what you want me to do, i typically charge 1.00 per minute for everything i do. shipping is about 50.00 round trip so keep that in mind.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GT8 Build

Everything should be in today.... Going to start my build today.

Cant wait to get on the track, Its been about 4 years now that i got away from Nitro.... Loved my RRRV1 back in the day.... Just the tires and always having to tru them was a pain... Rubber tires... Wish sweep would have somthing besides florecent orange in stock...

Anyway, Props to marcus for bringing us the Team C car! Cant go wrong with the support of an amazing driver/machinist/engineer....
Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wiggindude6969
Wish sweep would have somthing besides florecent orange in stock...
I actually buy my tires/foams separately and mount them myself on my own wheel of choice
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by billdelong
I actually buy my tires/foams separately and mount them myself on my own wheel of choice
Problem with that is that the ROK wheels really are better, do you know of another brand of wheel that is stiff? or at least not soft, the reg Sweep wheels are pretty soft.

Thanx Sean! this is going to be a good year for the TeamC GT, they just picked up Rob Bendall and he ordered the full RCShox arsenal!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Raced the Team C GT8 that was turn-key built by Marcus at RC Shox today for the first time. Actually my first GT8 race and only 2nd time ever racing Nitro. I have to say that this Team C GT8 has got to be my favorite car I have ever owned. Marcus, the build was top notch. The only adjusting I did was to slowly but surely lean out this motor a little bit at a time. It now has 11 tanks through it since you broke it in. She is really coming to life. So how did it do? Well it won 2 out of 3 qals and won the main. Lovin it!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockin G
Raced the Team C GT8 that was turn-key built by Marcus at RC Shox today for the first time. Actually my first GT8 race and only 2nd time ever racing Nitro. I have to say that this Team C GT8 has got to be my favorite car I have ever owned. Marcus, the build was top notch. The only adjusting I did was to slowly but surely lean out this motor a little bit at a time. It now has 11 tanks through it since you broke it in. She is really coming to life. So how did it do? Well it won 2 out of 3 qals and won the main. Lovin it!!!
Beginners luck! Nawh G happy for you. I told you you'll love the GT8 class. I'll try it out sun.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Champion

congrats Aaron, let's hope your luck(skill) holds up today too!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Wow Aaron, your boys are really calling you out!! Be sure and call me this morning before you practice for some phone tech!! There are a few things you can change on the setup that will make the car quicker! Congrats on the win!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Marcus, that GT8 of Aaron's is a sweet ride, very cool to see it in person yesterday! Every time he fired that engine up he drew in a crowd of spectators from around the strip mall.

I think Aaron's ROK wheels were comparable in firmness to my stock OFNA wheels that came with my DM1e. I never realized how the stock sweep wheels were THAT much more flexible. Guess I was lucky (being cheap) to mount my own sweeps, ha!

So having a more rigid wheel is good for performance, but then wouldn't there be a trade off in durability then? I only ask because I've heard of another popular brand of pre-mounts are notorious for breaking spokes and I wonder if this is because their wheels are too firm/brittle?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by billdelong
Marcus, that GT8 of Aaron's is a sweet ride, very cool to see it in person yesterday! Every time he fired that engine up he drew in a crowd of spectators from around the strip mall.

I think Aaron's ROK wheels were comparable in firmness to my stock OFNA wheels that came with my DM1e. I never realized how the stock sweep wheels were THAT much more flexible. Guess I was lucky (being cheap) to mount my own sweeps, ha!

So having a more rigid wheel is good for performance, but then wouldn't there be a trade off in durability then? I only ask because I've heard of another popular brand of pre-mounts are notorious for breaking spokes and I wonder if this is because their wheels are too firm/brittle?
I have yet to see an ROK fail but have seen and experienced others cracking and we all know that comes down to material composition! my only complaint is that they are only available in orange which DM1 wheels are you referring to? you have a pic? I need wheel options!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

I didn't realize how expensive these wheels are, but you do have several choices of colors:

Black V-Spoke

White V-Spoke

Lime V-Spoke

Blue V-Spoke

Orange V-Spoke

Gray V-Spoke

Chrome V-Spoke

I've had my share of hard hits on the walls at our track and have broken a suspension arm, so far not a single crack on any of my wheels yet, of course now I probably jinxed myself for saying that, ha!

The Sweep EXP50's were a direct fit and very clean bead line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.