R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #166
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

DOMINATE performance today with the TeamC car!! TQ every round and only one to run 16 laps!! car is amazing, hopefully i can keep it together in the 30min final tomorrow, 14 cars in the field so its going to be chaos!

First round i kept the car with posted setup above it felt pretty good but didnt quite have the initial turn in that i wanted, still had a pretty decent run even with the lap traffic.My Nove was acting strange during practice so i swapped to the XZR speed.....MONSTER POWER!!

Second round i changed front shock oil down to 1000CST and it helped but the was too hooked up and i couldnt get the car to rotate on exit still fastest but i knew i had more in it.

Third round i decided to go up one on both front and rear sway bars, and the car woke up!! could really drive out on exit and the car rotated beautifully. My brakes faded bad near the 3min mark and i had very little brakes. I really think i could go up on bars again but not sure if i want to risk it,see how i feel about it in the morning. I am getting around 10min of run time most are around 7ish , the mileage of the MERLIN fuel is insane there are three of us running the MERLIN stuff and all of us are very fast! P1/P2 and i think P3 maybe P4 are all running MERLIN advanced! I am the only TeamC here in a sea of Serpent!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #167
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great work!
js058515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #168
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great job Marcus
Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #169
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great job Marcus!!!
Make it happend tomorrow.
Neal Smith Mods.
Alpha Tires and Body.
Joseph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #170
Tech Champion

Well luck was not on my side today!! car was better, i went to a larger rear sway bar and Sweep 45's. by lap 16 i already had a 10 second lead on second place ( almost half a track) and then a few laps after that i stripped second gear. In practice before the race i was able to run numerous low 18 second laps and was starting to get in that groove! it was pretty obvious that the car was good, every lap i was trying different lines and still pulling away!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #171
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice job Marcus. Looks like your getting that beast dialed.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #172
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Nice job Marcus. Looks like your getting that beast dialed.
Its there!! Now I can concentrate on the little things that need to be improved Stephen and Roy are backing me up so good things are on the way! The most noticeable improvement over the Cobra is exit grip especially on a loose track. Its almost impossible to spin this car around and if it does get loose you can drive out of it. I am actually sending some upgrade packages to Stephen for the european team! very soon the kits will also come with the upgraded one way bearings that are coming from my source direct so that will no longer be an issue. I havent had shift issues since before homestead

Anyone that is on the fence about this car , dont hesitate its the real deal! RCShox.com is going to begin stocking parts and kits here in about a week so parts availability will also be taken care of. RCShox will also be supplying shock pistons, arm braces and toe blocks!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #173
Tech Champion

Well great news TeamC is working on a new sway bar kit and I think springs will be next! Gotta love a company that listens to their racers and makes changes as quick as they can!

RCShox is now an official dealer for TeamC, specifically the GT8 line of cars! Inventory is on the way and everything should be ready to go by March 15th! It will be a one stop shop, We will even build your car for you if thats what you need. Need engine work? We can do it all from replacing your bearings , basic rebuild to race port work to the "WORX" program we can do it all!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #174
Tech Master

Hello guys, I am not trying to disrespect your thread or high jack it all, but SpeedWorld is having the American Touring car nitro Championships and IGT/GT is WELCOME and invited to participate if any of you travel or wish. I will keep everyone post with information on the thread American Touring Car Nitro Championships.

I promiss I will not mention any of the race on your thread here as of now, I just want to let you guys know that your invinted. .

www.speedworldraceway.com
Thank you Billy
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #175
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Hello guys, I am not trying to disrespect your thread or high jack it all, but SpeedWorld is having the American Touring car nitro Championships and IGT/GT is WELCOME and invited to participate if any of you travel or wish. I will keep everyone post with information on the thread American Touring Car Nitro Championships.

I promiss I will not mention any of the race on your thread here as of now, I just want to let you guys know that your invinted. .

www.speedworldraceway.com
Thank you Billy
No worries man!! I dont think announcing a race is going to bother anyone! What are the GT rules?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #176
Tech Master

I am really trying to follow what is out there already, I really do not want to but a cap on the engines that you run just yet for the first race unless everybody that signs up wants too, but I would really like to keep with the rules that are followed around the country if there is any. We have 3 or 4 guys in our area and they just want to race and get the class going so I want to invite as mush as you guys that would like to come. It is a awesome facility IMO.

I will take all the help towards rules if you wish to inform me. I know nothing about the class yet or rules of the class.
Thank you guys for being so kind....
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #177
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
I am really trying to follow what is out there already, I really do not want to but a cap on the engines that you run just yet for the first race unless everybody that signs up wants too, but I would really like to keep with the rules that are followed around the country if there is any. We have 3 or 4 guys in our area and they just want to race and get the class going so I want to invite as mush as you guys that would like to come. It is a awesome facility IMO.

I will take all the help towards rules if you wish to inform me. I know nothing about the class yet or rules of the class.
Thank you guys for being so kind....

The class is evolving but there has been no issues with motors , the cream will always rise to the top so you can limit motors if you want but then you will have guys that will modify them and then you will have to find the man power to tech engines and the fun just goes out the window! It has been proven that it really doesnt matter what engine you run but most are running on road med/ high rpm engines, the new Maxy Cinco BT is a basic 5 port offroad engine that has been modified to compete and it is up there with the best.The high RPM 9 port engines have no bottom end so the only advantage they have is on the straight and we all know that means nothing!! Our SWCS has no engine rules nor did the Homestead international event or any other major GT event in the future. With that being said:
Allow any Factory GT car (Kyosho,DM1,TeamC,Serpent)short or long WB
and allow conversions as long as they base off of a buggy and are shaft drive(Xray,Mugen etc etc)
open engine .21-.28max
3500g minimum weight
150cc fuel tank max
rubber tires
GT body

IMO if you leave it at that you will get the most entries, i can tell you now that if you limit engines your entries will fall. leave that for club races
Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #178
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, what he said. I agree. Those are the basic rules we all live by and they seem to work fine. One other thing is that no adjustable clutches have been allowed. Off-road 3 and 4 shoe only.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #179
Tech Fanatic

Give us dates or a flier and we'll see if we can round you up some GT cars.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #180
Tech Champion

last week i machined some delrin spur gears and yesterday i ran 7 tanks and the gears look almost brand new! Only marks showing are from the worn out pinions that i was using. So that stripping spur gear nonsense wont happen again! Good thing about this is that i can make any size spur i want.

RCShox will be fully stocked tuesday with TeamC GT8 kits,cars and upgrade parts! Still working on organizing the site but it will be functional by tuesday morning. We are also offering turnkey kits as well as engine modifications. Ceramic steel shielded bearing kits for the complete car or just the transmission and ceramic clutch bell kits. Also offering stainless ABEC 5 bearing kits for the drivetrain (difs and hubs)! Steel shield bearings are faster than rubber shield bearings, for on road there really is no need for rubber seals. It will be a few weeks until the bearings arrive.
The 2 stage pistons are already picking up steam and they are in stock now as well as the arm braces.
One way bearings are also in stock.
http://rcshox.com/team-c-gt8-gt8l/