Tech Adept

Default Team C GT8L

Are the Team C GT8L a GOOD car ?
Old 12-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swerv
Are the Team C GT8L a GOOD car ?
If you are looking for a GT I have one for sale. I don't think you'll find a faster Team C GT8 than this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuaeLSrK7Ro
Old 12-26-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
If you are looking for a GT I have one for sale. I don't think you'll find a faster Team C GT8 than this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuaeLSrK7Ro
I appreciate the offer really i do,and I'll keep that in consideration.... Truth be told i really appreciate the build part of our hobby & the scale detailing then ti be able to enjoy the fruit of my labor.... I'm not competing just yet, but I do the plan to eventually.... I have just recently discovered team C & i don't hear much about them models.... I only know of only 2 GT8L scale size models ..... One is the inferno gt2 Type R & the other is the Tram C GT8L .... Kyosho is asking for a mortgage payment for their models & then there's team C, which I know very little about... Don't get me wrong I like what I saw, and I was very impressed.... Right now at this time i and basically researching for my best options... I do not know how to work all the features on this form, but I would like to keep in touch with you about that car though.... If you don't mind me asking why are you trying to get rid of your car? Would you mind telling me the things you like and dislike about the team c cars ?
Old 12-26-2015, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

I appreciate the offer really i do,and I'll keep that in consideration.... Truth be told i really appreciate the build part of our hobby & the scale detailing then ti be able to enjoy the fruit of my labor.... I'm not competing just yet, but I do the plan to eventually.... I have just recently discovered team C & i don't hear much about them models.... I only know of only 2 GT8L scale size models ..... One is the inferno gt2 Type R & the other is the Tram C GT8L .... Kyosho is asking for a mortgage payment for their models & then there's team C, which I know very little about... Don't get me wrong I like what I saw, and I was very impressed.... Right now at this time i and basically researching for my best options... I do not know how to work all the features on this form, but I would like to keep in touch with you about that car though.... If you don't mind me asking why are you trying to get rid of your car? Would you mind telling me the things you like and dislike about the team c cars ?
Hello! No worries at all and thanks for the compliment. The reason I am selling this car is that I now run Serpent.

This car started pretty much as a stock Team C GT8. I met Marcus shortly after getting it and he was running it too. The car in it's stock form was not competitive at all. It was rather heavy and the gear ratios available were too short. It was almost impossible to keep up with any decent driver who would have a Serpent, Kyosho or Ofna. Marcus developed some really cool features for the car such as shorter shock towers to use short shocks all around (the car originally came with long buggy shocks in the rear) and a better ackermann bar with ball bearings to reduce play. He also had done some smaller spurs to pull longer gearing. I thought that the car was still pulling too sort. So I compared all the ratios available for all the GTs out there and made some testing. I think I must have given Marcus quite a few headaches from insisting so much on the gearing ratios I wanted lol. So in the end he finally came up with a solution and made a gearing conversion raising the center transmission mount with spacers and moving the throttle servo a few mm towards the outside of the car (feature I didn't use because I used the T8V3 radio tray with battery in front). So we were able to use huge spurs and use the 43/13 pinion/ring. We spent a lot of time working on the setup as well. It was very interesting to work as a team and to compare our respective findings on various subjects.

In the end we ended up having a super fast car. I placed 5th at the nationals with it and podium many races too. In spring/summer 2014 I made 6 podiums (2nd place 5 times and 3rd place once) out of 7 races Marcus was blazing but he had a ridiculous amount of bad luck that year.

Actually the more I talk about this car the less I want to sell it.

Here are some pics. I took the price out, not so sure about selling it:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post14320493

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 12-26-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Hello! No worries at all and thanks for the compliment. The reason I am selling this car is that I now run Serpent.

This car started pretty much as a stock Team C GT8. I met Marcus shortly after getting it and he was running it too. The car in it's stock form was not competitive at all. It was rather heavy and the gear ratios available were too short. It was almost impossible to keep up with any decent driver who would have a Serpent, Kyosho or Ofna. Marcus developed some really cool features for the car such as shorter shock towers to use short shocks all around (the car originally came with long buggy shocks in the rear) and a better ackermann bar with ball bearings to reduce play. He also had done some smaller spurs to pull longer gearing. I thought that the car was still pulling too sort. So I compared all the ratios available for all the GTs out there and made some testing. I think I must have given Marcus quite a few headaches from insisting so much on the gearing ratios I wanted lol. So in the end he finally came up with a solution and made a gearing conversion raising the center transmission mount with spacers and moving the throttle servo a few mm towards the outside of the car (feature I didn't use because I used the T8V3 radio tray with battery in front). So we were able to use huge spurs and use the 43/13 pinion/ring. We spent a lot of time working on the setup as well. It was very interesting to work as a team and to compare our respective findings on various subjects.

In the end we ended up having a super fast car. I placed 5th at the nationals with it and podium many races too. In spring/summer 2014 I made 6 podiums (2nd place 5 times and 3rd place once) out of 7 races Marcus was blazing but he had a ridiculous amount of bad luck that year.

Actually the more I talk about this car the less I want to sell it.

Here are some pics. I took the price out, not so sure about selling it:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post14320493
WOW ! Well isn't that a different car from the Team C GT8L car ? I haven't read this whole thread, and it seems to me to be a little outdated... One would think that things have changed a little since then... I only know of two( or should I say 1 1/2) NITRO scale like GT8L cars... One is the Team C GT8L & the kyosho inferno gt2 Type R... I prefer a car that I can take to three levels :Bash mode ,Race(Drad & Track) & photo shoot mode... When it comes to the Team C GT8L car I come to a brick wall..... My questions are is this car reliable( durable) a all around worth while investment that won't keep me off the workbench except for upgrades... I would like to build a car that would be jaw dropping like that if not better( no disrespect)... I've read things like chassis flexing, gearing,& part support.... SHOULD I BUY THIS CAR ? Will I have to pump hundreds of dollars into this car to make it competitive ? Will this car turn out to be a four or $500 shelf spacer ? Can anyone PLEASE tell me anything about this car ?
Old 12-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

WOW ! Well isn't that a different car from the Team C GT8L car ? I haven't read this whole thread, and it seems to me to be a little outdated... One would think that things have changed a little since then... I only know of two( or should I say 1 1/2) NITRO scale like GT8L cars... One is the Team C GT8L & the kyosho inferno gt2 Type R... I prefer a car that I can take to three levels :Bash mode ,Race(Drad & Track) & photo shoot mode... When it comes to the Team C GT8L car I come to a brick wall..... My questions are is this car reliable (durable) a all around worth while investment that won't keep me off the workbench except for upgrades... I would like to build a car that would be jaw dropping like that if not better( no disrespect)... I've read things like chassis flexing, gearing,& part support.... SHOULD I BUY THIS CAR ? Will I have to pump hundreds of dollars into this car to make it competitive ? Will this car turn out to be a four or $500 shelf spacer ? Can anyone PLEASE tell me anything about this car ?
Yes this car is completely different than the GT8L and the GT8... I would not recommend you to buy a GT8L. It is durable but if you race it on a track it's simply not up to par with the other cars. But really if you want to learn about the Team C GT8 ang the GT8L I would recommend reading through this thread.

If you are debating between the GT8L and the new Kyosho. No doubt go for the Kyosho.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Yes this car is completely different than the GT8L and the GT8... I would not recommend you to buy a GT8L. It is durable but if you race it on a track it's simply not up to par with the other cars. But really if you want to learn about the Team C GT8 ang the GT8L I would recommend reading through this thread.

If you are debating between the GT8L and the new Kyosho. No doubt go for the Kyosho.
When you say up to par what specifically are you referring to ? I know I would have to change the internal gearing for starters 13/43, ok basicly by the time i made it competitive i will spend that $ 700 for the inferno GT2 Type R ?
Old 12-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

When you say up to par what specifically are you referring to ? I know I would have to change the internal gearing for starters 13/43, ok basicly by the time i made it competitive i will spend that $ 700 for the inferno GT2 Type R ?
I am referring to all the things that can affect corner speed and overall speed. At the end of the day we enjoyed getting this car to work the way it does!

Again if you are interested in the subject, this entire thread would be an interesting read for you.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Roll had not seen this car and you tube video looks great
Old 08-23-2016, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Team c maclaren ????

This is the body I'm looking for
Attached Thumbnails Team C 1/8 GT car-image.jpg  
Old 08-23-2016, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
This is the body I'm looking for
OFNA McLaren, I still run them, PM if you want one as I have several un-painted.

Same body as my avitar.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know the part numbers needed to convert my nitro car to electric
Old 03-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sad.