Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi BM! I agree with Marcus, even with total 5 degrees the car will be difficult to drive. Touring 190mm cars often have around 4 degrees of caster but even if the dynamics and fundamentals are the same in theory, they are so much lighter and react so much faster in the corners...

On another hand the new car that's currently in the works will have around 10 degrees of kickup. So a 0 degree hub will definitely be appreciated until we come up with a TeamC one! Actually I think that a 3 or 4 degree hub will be a must, for a total of 13 or 14 degree caster...
Hey ....

I guess I could increase the kick-up to 10 degrees? I wanted to try them and my original idea of 0 degree blocks was because they would be easier to make.
So lazy sometimes ... lol
Do you have any idea when the car is due out?

Regards
BM
Old 01-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hey ....

I guess I could increase the kick-up to 10 degrees? I wanted to try them and my original idea of 0 degree blocks was because they would be easier to make.
So lazy sometimes ... lol
Do you have any idea when the car is due out?

Regards
BM
You can do that for sure, but again even with 10 degrees kickup a 3 or 4 degree block would work great...

Most prototype parts have arrived at the factory but we are still working on certain aspects. It should be ready for this spring!

The new car will have:
- Kick-up
- Low-rise shock towers front and rear
- Short shocks front and rear
- Rear toe fully adjustable
- Roll center fully adjustable front and rear
- Anti-squat and anti-dive fully adjustable
- New Gearing
- Harder clutch springs
- Other things that are still in the works...

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 01-06-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Kimble you think a clocked 28-7t will go good with the cobra gt serpent. Street and parking lot speed runs and some drag racing.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lighttravler
Hey Kimble you think a clocked 28-7t will go good with the cobra gt serpent. Street and parking lot speed runs and some drag racing.
Sounds great. With such a powerful engine you might want to gear it up a little. You can try 44/48 spurs with 15/19 pinions on the clutchbell (Which is stock if I recall correctly) or 50/46 spurs with 16/20 pinions on clutchbell. But be mindful that the gearing you will need for Drag racing will be different than the one needed for racing on a given layout.

With the stock gearing you should try the clocked ISON GT it's a beast... Can't go wrong with Clockworks the guy is a maestro.

Edit: You might want to use harder springs on the clutch too...

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 01-06-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Ok thanks. I was told from a guy at desoto last year s that there suppose to be a new cobra gt coming out so I was waiting since the cars has over 2 years so I hoping so. Thanks again and any suggestion on the natrix 748 tq I'm in process on buying that it as soon as a desoto drop a coupon code. I have a clock 18tz but know header yet. I like to match it up with an ERCM small block pipe but if you know anyone who has use the 18tz with another combo let me know. As far as the servos, tires go with gt what you or see most guys use? Same for the 748?
Old 01-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is a Team C GT8 thread.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lighttravler
Ok thanks. I was told from a guy at desoto last year s that there suppose to be a new cobra gt coming out so I was waiting since the cars has over 2 years so I hoping so. Thanks again and any suggestion on the natrix 748 tq I'm in process on buying that it as soon as a desoto drop a coupon code. I have a clock 18tz but know header yet. I like to match it up with an ERCM small block pipe but if you know anyone who has use the 18tz with another combo let me know. As far as the servos, tires go with gt what you or see most guys use? Same for the 748?
As RoketRdr suggests, you might want to have a look at the Serpent GT8 and 748 threads you will find a lot of useful information.

You can't go wrong with the 748 (either version). I would suggest using low profile servos for the 200mm touring car. I would not use an 18 engine in a touring car. Stick with 12 engines there are plenty of good deals out there.

For the GT8 you will need servos with lots of torque... A lot of people use High Voltage ones, I'm on the verge of switching to High Voltage myself. As for tires I use Sweep tires, mostly EXP 45 with ROK rims and white inserts. They work great.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

FWIW...I've been running the Radio Post high voltage servos for almost 2 years now in my 1/8 buggy and GT8 with good results. They're tough and super quick when run on high voltage. No twitching either.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

You can do that for sure, but again even with 10 degrees kickup a 3 or 4 degree block would work great...

Most prototype parts have arrived at the factory but we are still working on certain aspects. It should be ready for this spring!

The new car will have:
- Kick-up
- New Gearing
- Harder clutch springs
Nice, may have to go back to Team C.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Excuse me rocketrdr and thanks again Kimble
Old 01-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

The new car will have:
- Kick-up
- New Gearing
- Harder clutch springs
Good to know thanks Joe.
I was wanting to get a car ready for the Winternats in March hence the DIY kickup Team C Car.

I understand what your saying on the caster setting but I tend to set up my car's kind of different I guess. I like very little camber change when steering, makes for a much more precise feel and great turn in.
Hence I try to run around 5 to 6 degrees total caster in all my 4 WD cars. (Depending on what KPI the car has.)

Regards
BM
Old 01-24-2015, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guys

Just got a gt8l pro from Amazon (122$ Shipped awesome!!) just wanted to see and feel out the gt8 racing do you guys have a base setup that I could use and what are the must upgrades for the car .. Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BIBOY
Hi guys

Just got a gt8l pro from Amazon (122$ Shipped awesome!!) just wanted to see and feel out the gt8 racing do you guys have a base setup that I could use and what are the must upgrades for the car .. Thanks in advance!!
Hi! I have the short chassis, but you can find my base setup a few pages back...
Old 01-25-2015, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIBOY
Hi guys

Hi I will putting my Pro Team C GT8 "short" car for sale (4cheap) it is loaded with upgrades. I also have a bunch of brand new and upgrade parts that fits your long chassis.

Please email me ([email protected]) if interested, can provide pics and details.

I was a Team C driver, just decided to switch brands.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Hey All .....

So, I could not stand waiting for the new car anymore.
Last I heard was that the factory were just getting the new parts through and testing may hopefully begin soon?

So I decided to mod the existing car, with the flat chassis to a car with kick-up.

I have modded the original chassis, the V3 off-road chassis proved too much to modify. My chassis now has a 5 degree front kick-up. I have to modify the steering posts, and create spacers under the front and rear diff's along with the brace's which support the diff' assemblies.
I also made a new front "Bracing Plate" to accommodate the kick-up.

I have also decided to use the Serpent 0 degree caster blocks which fit well. I had to make new bushing's in order to use the Team C hubs and drive shafts.
This I wanted to do as the Team C hubs include a 5 degree KPI which will suit the car and my driving

Also modified is the gear train. Using the diff; gears included with the 43/13 gear kit, I am using a new 12 tooth pinion for the diff' drive. This gives me lots of good gearing option's for the various tracks!

Also, I will be using the Team C V3 "Battery Forward" configuration for the servo, battery and receiver positions. This creates a much better weight distribution.

All being well, when the weather braeks I should be able to test.

Power plant wise I will be using a REDS R5R and a Merc CLK body.

Initial calc' show a lower COG but I am concerned of the weight due to the mods. Will be close on the 3500g limit?!

We shall see.

Regards
BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.