Search

Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael_T
New 747 options??

Low shocktower to be able to mount the RCM Super-Short shocks # 160124 and this lower center of gravity. Continue to use your current springs, so special short ones needed.

http://www.serpent.com/product/804306

and

http://www.serpent.com/product/804305
"Continue to use your current springs, so special short ones needed"
Is there a miss print here or am I reading this wrong
Old 05-16-2013, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shiston
"Continue to use your current springs, so special short ones needed"
Is there a miss print here or am I reading this wrong
I think it is a misprint. I believe you can use the current short springs with the new short shocks.

Pass you soon...
Old 05-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys

I'm having issue with lack of braking even when compared to other 747's i have quite a lot less braking. I have just looked at the pads that are fitted I have 1 yellow and 1 gray is this correct?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blown1940
Hi Guys

I'm having issue with lack of braking even when compared to other 747's i have quite a lot less braking. I have just looked at the pads that are fitted I have 1 yellow and 1 gray is this correct?

Thanks
Make sure the springs aren't preventing the pads from closing fully. I had to cut 1 ring of the springs to make it work when I fitted the 747 brake disk and springs on my 733.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thybaut
Make sure the springs aren't preventing the pads from closing fully. I had to cut 1 ring of the springs to make it work when I fitted the 747 brake disk and springs on my 733.
Good suggestion. The 747 springs are different as is the piston that closes the pads. But a simple check is to remove the brake disc and look if the pads can come close enough (they wont fully close)

Also make sure you do not run a lrge peice of fuel tube as it will limit the brake. And make sure you adjust the brake so it starts to engage the moment you move the throttle towards brake from neutral.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Guys

Thanks
They should both be yellow. Check if they both have the break material on them as I had to change mine because one pad was down to metal and the other one was almost new. It looks likee the material has softened right up and fallen off. Thats probably why one looks grey, it might be down to metal. My car is not that old only half a dozen races and the breaks do not get a big work out.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kickass
They should both be yellow. Check if they both have the break material on them as I had to change mine because one pad was down to metal and the other one was almost new. It looks likee the material has softened right up and fallen off. Thats probably why one looks grey, it might be down to metal. My car is not that old only half a dozen races and the breaks do not get a big work out.
They both have full material on them the gray is a lot harder and has not worn at all were the yellow has worn some but still has plenty of material. Looks like i better get some new ones.

I checked the closing distance of the pads and they close almost the hole way with just a small gap about half the thickness of the brake disc.

I don't run fuel line on mine to try and get better braking I changed to solid plastic and adjusted the end point to not flex the chassis.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

One last thing to try is to sand the "grey" pad with some 200 sandpaper. It may have iverheated and glazed up. Just a light sand to see if you can remove the top layer.

Otherwise replace.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys

Thanks
Have you checked the carb side i have seen the throttle return spring compressed all the way and restrict the braking.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks

Throttle return is okay I set it up with 100% end point when I was using the fuel line on the brake now that I have changed to solid plastic I have only 53% end point to stop the chassis flexing. I have got a new set of pads now so hopefully this weekend I will have better braking.

We have the ACT titles coming up so fingers crossed it works the only other thing to get past now is the huge amount of rear tyre wear.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:04 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks

Throttle return is okay I set it up with 100% end point when I was using the fuel line on the brake now that I have changed to solid plastic I have only 53% end point to stop the chassis flexing. I have got a new set of pads now so hopefully this weekend I will have better braking.

We have the ACT titles coming up so fingers crossed it works the only other thing to get past now is the huge amount of rear tyre wear.
By the sounds of things you wont be able to get around the tyre wear!!!
Good luck down at the act titles.

if your still having dramas with the brakes try and get up to moorebank and we can give you a hand.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Thanks

Can you post your setup, or via pm. We can have a look for suggestions.
I recently had a race at a high wear track and may have some pointers.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Aza088
By the sounds of things you wont be able to get around the tyre wear!!!
Good luck down at the act titles.

if your still having dramas with the brakes try and get up to moorebank and we can give you a hand.
Thanks

I did run the NSW titles after not racing for 8 years and was only the second race meet back. I didn't notice the brake issue as bad there as the track flows alot better than the Canberra track. I should be there for the next meeting.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Looking to buy a 747 in good condition. PM me.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hi

Originally Posted by Julius
Can you post your setup, or via pm. We can have a look for suggestions.
I recently had a race at a high wear track and may have some pointers.
Julius congratulations on the Dutch Nationals win.I remember your podium at the worlds in 98 @ Appledoern, I was one of the 9 Aussies there causing havoc.
Any chance of posting your set up just curious to see what you guys are up to these days, the Serpent site has gone quiet, no info on the 747 for a long time, Shame.

Cheers
Alex K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.