Wiki Posts
Search

Xray NT1 2012 Comming Soon...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Xray NT1 2012 Comming Soon...

Published today in the Xray site:

At the heart of XRAY’s philosophy is a firm commitment to perfection when it comes to engineering, design, performance and support, all made possible by state-of-the-art in house manufacturing. The NT1 is synonymous with the absolute perfection that is XRAY: a platform that has been capturing trophies at tracks all around the world, and also capturing the hearts and minds of customers who demand nothing less than excellence.

Multiple winner of "Car of the Year" awards and dominating winner of all major titles – including World Champion, European Champion, USA Champion, Asian Champion and dozens of National champion titles all around the world – proves the NT1’s unbeatable pedigree. XRAY now brings forth the 2012 edition of the NT1, the next evolution of winner.

“The NT1 platform has been successfully raced for several years now, and in 2011 it proved once again that it still works perfectly. It's the car to beat and there is nothing about the geometry that needs to be changed. This statement can be backed up at nearly all races across the world as the team continues its domination at most races during the seasons.

For the XRAY R&D team it has been a very demanding task to improve on the already almost perfect NT1. We have thoroughly analyzed all feedback and reports from the team and customers. The 2012 spec of the NT1 has improved and lowered CG featuring an all-new lowered chassis in the engine area and a redesigned radio plate. The new chassis and radio plate were redesigned to provide an even lower CG, improved steering and flex to improve traction. Enjoy the 2012 NT1 and best of luck in the 2012 season.”

Martin Hudy, XRAY NT1 Project Designer
Old 02-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.rcalert.com/news/?p=60
Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Looking at the radio plate, seems to be much more down.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rasta_man
Looking at the radio plate, seems to be much more down.
mmmh.. I don't think so...the car only has LowProfile servos ..
Old 02-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NikoRacing
mmmh.. I don't think so...the car only has LowProfile servos ..
In the photo the servo throttle/brake is not low profile...
Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rasta_man
In the photo the servo throttle/brake is not low profile...
Are you sure???...
Old 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Hope most of the part still the same so that i can use back my old spare part.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:37 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Only a new radio tray and lower engine mount.

I was expecting a mimimal change for 2012.

No need for a new thread.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

For me to pick up the new 2012 NT1 I would hope there would/will be a major focus on the drastic reduction to the minimum weight rule change made by EFRA from 1725g -> 1550g . If the NT1 still sits around 1675g-1750g out of the box (RTR with body) i will be going to another chassis that has put this new rule into their design for the next line . I know most of the designs for the new lines are near complete, but they may need to get back to the drawing board to come out with newer version or hop-up parts that reduce weight. If XRAY doesn't take this new rule into their design. I think a lot of us will be seeing a lot of Capricorn or manufacturer that put the weight reduction into there design, at our local tracks and on our work benches
Old 02-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by esckalayd
For me to pick up the new 2012 NT1 I would hope there would/will be a major focus on the drastic reduction to the minimum weight rule change made by EFRA from 1725g -> 1550g . If the NT1 still sits around 1675g-1750g out of the box (RTR with body) i will be going to another chassis that has put this new rule into their design for the next line . I know most of the designs for the new lines are near complete, but they may need to get back to the drawing board to come out with newer version or hop-up parts that reduce weight. If XRAY doesn't take this new rule into their design. I think a lot of us will be seeing a lot of Capricorn or manufacturer that put the weight reduction into there design, at our local tracks and on our work benches
-Titanium Screws
-Titanium Pivot Balls
-Low Profile Servos
-No Receiver Box
-Lipo Battery
-Normal Engine Mount

With the above you'll probably hit 1600g easily.

Capricorn may be in the 1600g's... But at what expense?? CVDs that need to be changed every race meet (aluminum) and diff gears (plastic) that will give out whenever you least expect them to.

It's all about compromise .
Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by esckalayd
I think you will be very happy with the Capricorn car, it's a true race car right out of the box.
Regarding the driveshaft and diff gear rubbish mentioned above, check the Capricorn thread to see how many drivers are reporting driveshaft and diff problems, good luck searching.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Riketsu
-Titanium Screws
-Titanium Pivot Balls
-Low Profile Servos
-No Receiver Box
-Lipo Battery
-Normal Engine Mount

With the above you'll probably hit 1600g easily.

Capricorn may be in the 1600g's... But at what expense?? CVDs that need to be changed every race meet (aluminum) and diff gears (plastic) that will give out whenever you least expect them to.

It's all about compromise .
I have Titanium screws and pivot balls, normal engine mount, light weight battery but still run the receiver box with non low profile servos and with a body and on a digital scale and tech'd at FL state races i am around 1750g. I know some low profile servos would help out but its not going to make up a 100-150gs. I have thought of going to a LiFe 850maH battery to shave weight as well. I also have been running the composite diff gears and love em. The problem people have with them are improperly shimming them and not performing the proper maintenance on them. I have been running the same front diff and rear composite gears for 3 state races and two parking lot races. I remember DJ blew his rear diff up at the Arcadia state race and he mentioned he had the same gears in there for awhile.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I think you will be very happy with the Capricorn car, it's a true race car right out of the box.
Regarding the driveshaft and diff gear rubbish mentioned above, check the Capricorn thread to see how many drivers are reporting driveshaft and diff problems, good luck searching.
I have seen this car first hand in the FL state races dominate its competition. Dj, Rino, Eduardo, Ashton, etc... consistently in the A-main with this car. Also, i am aware these are some of the best of the best drivers and it isn't fair to say its the car, they could take a RRR or a NTC3 and dominate. But to the average non-sponsored/non-factory driver who competes with these guys and is a B to C Main driver, it seems the Capricorn chassis has the upper hand on the class.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

i thought the thread said xray coming soon not capricorn or serpent so i only want to know about xray not the others
Old 02-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
i thought the thread said xray coming soon not capricorn or serpent so i only want to know about xray not the others

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.