Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray NT1 2012 Comming Soon...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djiewie
Nikoracing, they mentioned on their site lowering the rc. Strange. So maybe its only a flex thing with the milled chassis.
Yeah I was also reasoning on why they said they lowered the center of gravity but.... ?????
For real the 2012 chassis is a 2011 with a milleage under the engine. Maybe it's for flex, maybe to have a little more engine cooling.
Maybe is to make work easier to whom they want to lower the engine by theirselve (because milling the chassis is not easy).
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by djiewie
It seems to me that to use the lowered engine bay on the 2012 chassis , you have to use lowered engine mounts to lower the CG. Haven`t seen any info on this though.

The chassis/bottom plate from 2011 on also has more flex on the rear because of the milled area to let brass weights in you can mount in comparison to the 2009 version. Could be with the milled engine area more flex is a result. Hopefully Xray will explain how to use this with a manual like they have in the past.
I think the purpose of lowering the engine bay is fit for smaller flyweight.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:01 AM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
wasnt referring to you i have respect for capricorn they are on the move just not when the thread says xray right now it is what it is nt1 is world champ till further notice so all others bow down having XRAY is like having GEICO if you dont you end up in a roadside ditch pure adrenaline
I have an xray and have absolutely no problem with people comparing them to other manufacturers on this thread, its informative and part of the RC world exchanging information, makes for interesting reading.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Les
I have an xray and have absolutely no problem with people comparing them to other manufacturers on this thread, its informative and part of the RC world exchanging information, makes for interesting reading.
not a problem old news
Old 06-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What upgrades make the most difference to the car performance?
I'm running a stock 2008 NT1

Last edited by JamesHealey; 06-22-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
What upgrades make the most difference to the car performance?
I'm running a stock 2008 NT1
To me the main difference is the harder composite parts (bulkheads and arms).
Old 06-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NikoRacing
To me the main difference is the harder composite parts (bulkheads and arms).
Already got all the V2 Harder composite parts as spares, still not broken any of the V1 parts though so they're staying on for now!

How about CVD shafts? the updated rear shock tower and roll centre bridge?
Do these make much of a difference to lap times?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
Already got all the V2 Harder composite parts as spares, still not broken any of the V1 parts though so they're staying on for now!

How about CVD shafts? the updated rear shock tower and roll centre bridge?
Do these make much of a difference to lap times?
harder composite parts is not a matter to break or not... Harder parts make the car having more traction and better performance when it's hot on the track and a lot of grip also. So you have a more consistent car.
Cvd shaft on the front are a must because you can steer much more without loosing them on the track (also when you have creshes they don't go away). On the rear is better to stay with the standard axles expecially if you drive in dusty/dirty conditions because those are more durable than CVDs.
The new shock tower and rc bridge only have more attachment point for shocks and rods but the don't really improve performance because you don't change them really often and the ones you have are also enough to make a good setup.