Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

NEW HB comp touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All i could say is that right now the car looks very promising. Lets see what it comes out from the worlds for HB and Hpi.

The car looks to have better cornering speed than the rest but we dont know if teemus car is 100% a Hb car because the clutch looks like the capricorn.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As usual from HB some drivers always pushing the envelope,Hara was ROAR National Champion back to back with the R40!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joseph16
All i could say is that right now the car looks very promising. Lets see what it comes out from the worlds for HB and Hpi.

The car looks to have better cornering speed than the rest but we dont know if teemus car is 100% a Hb car because the clutch looks like the capricorn.
Good suspension set-up = corner speed - not clutch. How come it has to be anything but a great car and great driving? Smh.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Good suspension set-up = corner speed - not clutch. How come it has to be anything but a great car and great driving? Smh.
Quinn I agree! Oh and the fact that they tested that car at that track while it was being designed! that always helps! It's nice to see another nitro tourer on the market! Spice things up some more!
Now only is KM would get a US distributor!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by G87z
Quinn I agree! Oh and the fact that they tested that car at that track while it was being designed! that always helps!
So, are we really to think it wouldn't have worked as good, if, it was tested somewhere else??? To rephrase it: Its basically being called a one-track wonder, now??? Smh.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

G-mac. Not surprising, by the way - I found the same kind of talk over in the KM HK1 thread. Smh.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default HB R10

So who is jumping ship haha Lol
Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigtee
U better not. We've invested a lot of time into you, buddy.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would not jump ship based on one race with world class drivers at the wheel of the car. I am not knocking the car, I agree the it had a very strong showing at the worlds and is very impressive. I welcome more choices of platforms.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

there will be people who get it but they will keep it on the DL unless all goes well then they will bring it out
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Brilliant Move!

Guys, I think waiting to release a new car, AFTER the world's was a stroke of genius on Hpi / Hotbodies' part. The racing community has been snubbing their collective noses at Hpi race cars for many years. They're consistently viewed as second tier. It's been: "Oh its HPI, its good for what it is", which means what, exactly??? Taking it straight to the world's kills all of that nonsense in one shot. You won't have people on the sidelines waiting to see , if, whether or not it will be a proven car (because some local fast guy says so. Just because he's faster than you, it doesn't make him the authority on which cars deserve your attention). A podium finish at the world's quiets ANY thoughts of doubt. If, a company is in position to do so, they should follow this model. Can't wait to see this car at the local tracks.

Last edited by kewdawg; 11-19-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

U better not. We've invested a lot of time into you, buddy.
not me i got too much money tied up in my shepherd to go get rid of it for another i would be taking a big lost. I am staying on board the velox boat
Old 11-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default Shepherd crew

whats going on Quinn And G-mac you getting them sheps ready? I got mines tore apart for the winter getting my parts stock up i will be ready for next season can't wait. now I am doing my 1/12 scale and vta
Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Tower Hobbies pre-order is up: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNCZRG&P=G
Old 11-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Guys, I think waiting to release a new car, AFTER the world's was a stroke of genius on Hpi / Hotbodies' part. The racing community has been snubbing their collective noses at Hpi race cars for many years. They're consistently viewed as second tier. It's been: "Oh its HPI, its good for what it is", which means what, exactly??? Taking it straight to the world's kills all of that nonsense in one shot. You won't have people on the sidelines waiting to see , if, whether or not it will be a proven car (because some local fast guy says so. Just because he's faster than you, it doesn't make him the authority on which cars deserve your attention). A podium finish at the world's quiets ANY thoughts of doubt. If, a company is in position to do so, they should follow this model. Can't wait to see this car at the local tracks.
This why Hara gets paid the big bucks. He podiums at the Worlds and all of a sudden its the must have car to get? I'm sure Hara can podium with juat about any car you hand him. The real question is what LHS that currently stocks HPI parts for its RTRs will be willing to stock this car along with its parts?

Originally Posted by TAMAK
$600 Not a chance. After what happened with the R40 many years ago how much do you think these things will be worth in about 8 months time? Stick with the names that have been around in 1/10 nitro like Mugen and Serpent.

Last edited by YR4Dude; 11-19-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.