Like Tree2Likes

NEW HB comp touring

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richardc7696
Well u can't! I thought u were gonna start running a TC3
I did give it a run... It is old like me and should stay retired and leaving racing to the young blood. I hear you are getting beaten too Richard by some young up and coming drivers you might only be 9 years old.

Pot stirrer
Andrew
Old 10-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lol yeah i'm being beaten by younger drivers, including Nathan. He is driving really well. Its a good thing that they have the chance to start young. All the best to him
Old 10-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Lol yeah i'm being beaten by younger drivers, including Nathan. He is driving really well. Its a good thing that they have the chance to start young. All the best to him
Tis the future, we need them to come to keep things going and to have others to run against
Old 10-03-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah! they are gonna keep things going when we r old and we can't see our cars on the back straight anymore
Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Yeah! they are gonna keep things going when we r old and we can't see our cars on the back straight anymore
change to 1/8 then you will see very clear
Old 10-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Debut of R10!

A big thank you to my brother Richard for his help getting my car finished at the last minute so that I could debut it last night at England Park for the first time.

We had a few teething issues, but by the fourth round of qualifying I had matched my PB and then went on to finish 3rd in the final.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 10-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

You drove well Andy, Hopefully you have those teething problems sorted out
Old 10-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

You drove well Andy, Hopefully you have those teething problems sorted out
Seemed to have sorted them now... Car wasn't as good as last weekend though, it was better on the second set of tyres that I put on for the final. It felt like it was missing some mid corner steering to me. Looks like the shocks need to be re-done as have some air in them and just not rebounding like they have.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
A big thank you to my brother Richard for his help getting my car finished at the last minute so that I could debut it last night at England Park for the first time.

We had a few teething issues, but by the fourth round of qualifying I had matched my PB and then went on to finish 3rd in the final.

Thanks
Andrew
Hi Andy, what sort of battery and receiver are you using I'm having a little trouble fitting the battery.

Thanks Michael
Old 10-12-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Michael

I am using a Zeppin Racing LiFe 1800Mah 6.6v RX Battery Flat Pack, I can't get it through the cut out on the bottom of the chassis when strapped to the battery tray. So in the end we installed from the top with the radio tray off using just double sided tape. Receiver, it is a Spektrum SR3100 that came with my DX3R Pro. It is very tight and a few people have run it on the back of the steering servo or on a custom bit of carbon used in the transponder mount spot.

Would be good to see you on track with it, car is good but do find the way the front top arms mount a pain to do any maintenance with when you want to remove the radio tray etc.

Take Care
Andrew
Old 10-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys,

Where are you geting parts support ?

My main sponsor in Chile is a HPI/HB dealer and he is struggling to get parts support ... in fact is starting to think to give up on R10 platform for 2014 due to this and switch to other brand ...

regards,
Old 10-12-2013, 09:24 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys,

My main sponsor in Chile is a HPI/HB dealer and he is struggling to get parts support ... in fact is starting to think to give up on R10 platform for 2014 due to this and switch to other brand ...

regards,
Pato,

The car is more used and supported in Europe, so I get my specific R10 parts from www.apexmodels.com in England.

For transmisssion parts, such as belts, pinions and spur gears
i use Xray parts from any of the internet suppliers.

What isues are you having??

AFM
Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys,

regards,
Pato:

We have been getting some bits from Tower Hobbies in the US and also from a local store here in Australia, RC Hobbies in Sydney. Some bits are hard to get and in general expensive, so as a result my brother and I decided to purchase a second kit as we would then have everything and it wasn't a huge difference in price.

But as AFM has said for belts, diffs, spurs you can use Xray parts which should be a lot easier to get. But for belts, I would be getting Tough Racing belts they have available for the Xray.

A few years came to the conclusion I needed to have parts on hand to keep myself running rather then miss a race because I was waiting for my LHS to get something in. But you need to remember to replace bits as you use them too. I like how a lot of parts from other brand cars are interchangeable with this car giving you plenty of options if you get stuck.

Take Care
Andrew
Old 10-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

I got my GHEA front lay shaft today, is about the same weight as the original shaft at about 7 grams with the adaptor, but changing from alloy pullies to the plastic ones will be the weight saving. My biggest plus with using this shaft is no more grub screws to come loose during the race switching car to FWD or RWD only

Andrew
Old 10-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Picture of GHEA front lay shaft mounted with Capricorn Kevlar pullies...

Picture of receiver mounted in original spot...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.