Search
Like Tree2Likes

NEW HB comp touring

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 04:48 AM
Ec1
Tech Adept

Sorry Bundy_Bear, thanks for the help.

I discovered yesterday that the Xray pullies didnt fit, they are too wide so the c-clip cant be mounted. so we need a new middleshaft and rear 2speed shaft, but as said i cant find any that fits the car

KM has a lot of parts that fits the car thou.........
Old 03-25-2013, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by speed6
Hey guys,

anyone driving the R10 which had either Mugen, Xray or Capricorn in order to advise the Pro and Cons and handling differences of this car. Preferably I would like to know main difference against an Xray
Bumb
Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If its anything like the R40 buy something else. That was the most fragile car ever.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Edit: looked at tower today and parts are up now... But boy are some expensive. It like the Henry Ford model of business, sell em cheap and make your money with service parts. lol

Last edited by TAMAK; 03-27-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Also, i would give this car a second look if there were spares readily available! I will be sticking with xray. Hotbodies came out with a cool car but no parts support at all.
Isn't that what Kyosho parts are for?????
Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Of the new cars released for the 2012 worlds; I prefered the HB R10. Hopefully parts support for the US gets better.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ec1
Sorry Bundy_Bear, thanks for the help.

I discovered yesterday that the Xray pullies didnt fit, they are too wide so the c-clip cant be mounted. so we need a new middleshaft and rear 2speed shaft, but as said i cant find any that fits the car

KM has a lot of parts that fits the car thou.........
them pullies and 2speed all looks like the hk-1
Old 03-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, browsing through the competition and looks like HB notes that there engine mounts are flipped depending on what brand you have. I have the 12xz speed 2 and was wondering if it can be set lower than a Nova in my NT1 with milled down mount... Can anyone with a R10 confirm the depth of that depression?

NEW HB comp touring-untitled.jpg
Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys, browsing through the competition and looks like HB notes that there engine mounts are flipped depending on what brand you have. I have the 12xz speed 2 and was wondering if it can be set lower than a Nova in my NT1 with milled down mount... Can anyone with a R10 confirm the depth of that depression?

Attachment 1049121
Whhaaaa.... Are you thinking about the R10 after our talk?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NolanP
Whhaaaa.... Are you thinking about the R10 after our talk?
I am interested in a "new" kit... Still in the market but I have so many spares for my NT1. trying to decide what is logical at this point. Once Great Planes has a good supply and cheaper parts, this car would be a great contender. Out of the box, this car is the best bang for the buck! Clutch looks solid to. Just too many things going against it right now to make the change.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am interested in a "new" kit... Still in the market but I have so many spares for my NT1. trying to decide what is logical at this point. Once Great Planes has a good supply and cheaper parts, this car would be a great contender. Out of the box, this car is the best bang for the buck! Clutch looks solid to. Just too many things going against it right now to make the change.
Gotcha. I'd love to buy one if we had nitro TC guys locally who would actually run regular. We will see how it works out if people start showing up ill build one and see if I can find a cheap o motor just to run and mooch off someone for a starter box unless I can find my really old one.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Question time for me now...

Has anyone else had issues with the front suspension being tight and the up travel being limited at all? Its almost like the swaybar is tight into its cup but only one way:S

Also what starter boxes is everyone using? Brother has installed his OS Tg and the rubber wheel on his Thunder Tiger starter box is too wide for the cut out in the chassis and rubs badly slowing it down too much.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear

Has anyone else had issues with the front suspension being tight and the up travel being limited at all? Its almost like the swaybar is tight into its cup but only one way:S

Also what starter boxes is everyone using? Brother has installed his OS Tg and the rubber wheel on his Thunder Tiger starter box is too wide for the cut out in the chassis and rubs badly slowing it down too much.

Thanks in advance!
OFNA JLR starter box is the best bang for the buck!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:13 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

It sounds like one of your front steering hubs might be upside down. If you look closely at them you'll see that there's an extended "lip" on one of the areas where the pivot ball comes out. That extended lip needs to be on the top of the suspension, or else it will limit movement. You can see how it's supposed to be installed in the side diagram of Step C-03 on page 9 (look where it says "2mm").

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

OFNA JLR starter box is the best bang for the buck!
Thank you for your reply, we are wondering if we set the engine mount incorrect though... Being an OS engine we set it for that, should we have set it too Novarossi and would that lower the engine in any way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.