x -ray nt1

Old 01-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default x -ray nt1

I have a hudy set board and all the set-up tools for my x-ray, but it still do not handle the way I want. Also i brought scales four of them for each wheel to try to balance the car, but how do I add or subtract weight to balance the car? Any input would be helpful thanks.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First what is the car doing or not doing. what setup do have on the car. What tires, shock oil, droop, springs, etc. before someone can help give details were are running hos the traction.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drowelf
I have a hudy set board and all the set-up tools for my x-ray, but it still do not handle the way I want. Also i brought scales four of them for each wheel to try to balance the car, but how do I add or subtract weight to balance the car? Any input would be helpful thanks.
Its not about balancing the car, most cars are fairly balanced from the factory. To make the car handle the way you want it to you need to start changing shock oils, springs, shock pistons, roll centers, tires etc... THEN you can try to balance the car. So, put away your scales and go to the track and work on the setup. Ask the guys that run your car at the track what their setups are and try one, thats the first step

P.S. practice practice practice
Old 01-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drowelf,

You have one of the most winningest 10 scale RC cars on the planet, with that, racers from all over the world have put set up sheets on the web for all to use and see. On top of this, if you are in the US, we have the most customer friendly US distributor in RC AMERICA and they are happy to field your questions and help you become a more proficient racer. Check out these two websites to help gain the knowledge needed to move to the front.

www.rcamerica.com
www.teamxray.com

XRAY as a company is one of the very few that produces a downloadable set up book that not only points out what to adjust, but also teaches you how each setting effects the car. Download that here

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=3577

The base set up for this car is a very good balanced car and then adjustments can be made to suit your driving style or track conditions download that here

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=3786

This should be a big help for you, dont forget to stop out to the XRAY Training Camp (right here on rctech nitro onroad forum) to get in touch with a whole host of Xray drivers and races they will be attending.

Chris