R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Protoform CTSV (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/58982-protoform-ctsv.html)

Motorman 01-02-2005 02:38 PM

Protoform CTSV

anybody run this body yet?? how does it compare to a stratus or alfa?? opinions please

you hot weather guys I need opinions

AMGRacer 01-02-2005 03:28 PM

Not a huge fan at all. Balance seems wrong for my driving style. Mazda 6 for turn, Vectra for turn/stability, Stratus 2.1 for stability seems to work for me.

Also you should give the Blitz bodies a go. Their Mazda 6 is really nice it has a longer bootline than the Protoform one making it overall less aggressive.

20 SMOKE 01-02-2005 04:27 PM

If your asking for a body for Feb. most of the guys (fast ones) are running the Cadi or Maz 6 they run this weekend so check in the florida forum for the forgass race at Ft Myers and see what they say i am not running it so can't help you there

Slotmachine 01-02-2005 06:27 PM

STEERING

The Cadilac gives much more steering! At the Nats you seemed to have a push problem, this body awould have done you some good. I use it now and love it!
Paul Rush...............

kevink2 01-03-2005 11:12 AM

Dennis,
IMO the body does yield pretty good steering, with excellent overall downforce. It may be pretty good on loose track. Probably easier to drive for many, but perhaps not the quickest on a large high bite track.

cdelong 01-03-2005 02:24 PM

high bite= Stratus 2.1 for me......

low bite= Caddy or Mazda 6

racer x 1 01-03-2005 03:50 PM

it looks good on the track I have not been able to get one for my mongoose but the guys ive talk to about the body say its got a little to much steering on the mongoose but still works well.I hopr that helps Dennis.:batman:

AMGRacer 01-03-2005 04:00 PM

Originally posted by racer x 1
it looks good on the track I have not been able to get one for my mongoose but the guys ive talk to about the body say its got a little to much steering on the mongoose but still works well.I hopr that helps Dennis.:batman:
This was my findings as well on my R40. Made the car have too much steering and also is a "brick" on the faster straights. If you are chasing steering it may be useful but I beleive that there are better balanced bodies out there.

rc_alan 01-03-2005 04:56 PM

Dennis... I have one and felt that the handling was so so... I heard at the local track that I race at, that Robbie Collins tested the body earlier in the year as well and didn't like the way the body handled with his Mugen... I don't see alot of drivers using it and as for Team drivers.. ie. Mugen, RD Logics, OFNA and Team Associated...None. Only Mazda 6, Team Losi Alfa and a few Protoform Nemesis and Alfa's...

RC_Alan

rs4lola 01-04-2005 01:55 PM

So...for tight, small parking lot type track, this body would be good as you need as much steering as you can get ???