Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me identify this car New to the site

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help me identify this car New to the site

Hello folks new to this thread I seem to have this knack for finding old vintage rc cars thought maybe someone can help me identify this one im guessing its a serpent sprint however the bottom looks different ...Look forward to getting back in the hobby and sharing things with you guys as I start to get re acclimated
Attached Thumbnails Help me identify this car New to the site-photo-4-.jpg   Help me identify this car New to the site-photo-5-.jpg   Help me identify this car New to the site-photo-6-.jpg   Help me identify this car New to the site-photo-7-.jpg  
Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

serpent quattro 1/8
go to fun page of serpent on fb and see album/history
Old 01-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Yep Serpent Quattro!! Got it in my in my collection, less radio & body.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Yep Serpent Quattro!! Got it in my in my collection, less radio & body.
But the bottom looks a bit diffrent then most that I see its missing a hole under where the battery would be rossi motor btw what are these things worth ?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Top Plate is the same. Chassis bottom maybe the first version, sec version a cutout exposing the gas tank, a few grams lighter. It was modified with spring assisted shocks on the front, and modified rear shock w/ RC10 shock and rear mounting.

You'll be lucky to find part. If you remount tires w/ truer is probably the only thind you can replace easily. Driveshaft non-existant. Its a dinasour!! Wont get too much for it. maybe $25!!! Engine replaceable & clutch. The rest!!! Good luck!! Its an 1981-3 model.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Top Plate is the same. Chassis bottom maybe the first version, sec version a cutout exposing the gas tank, a few grams lighter. It was modified with spring assisted shocks on the front, and modified rear shock w/ RC10 shock and rear mounting.

You'll be lucky to find part. If you remount tires w/ truer is probably the only thind you can replace easily. Driveshaft non-existant. Its a dinasour!! Wont get too much for it. maybe $25!!! Engine replaceable & clutch. The rest!!! Good luck!! Its an 1981-3 model.
thanks for the help guys turns out its a Serpent Quattro MK IV 4wd. It was the first serpent car with 4wd, it is dated around 1985. Goes for a bit more than $25 even in this condition..
Old 01-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Also the first 1/8th scale model with 2 speed trans. Serpent and Hudy design. Your does show one speed, early model.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Also the first 1/8th scale model with 2 speed trans. Serpent and Hudy design. Your does show one speed, early model.
Nice looking out Geezatec... flea market near me in the past year found 2 sand scourcers few grasshoppers tons of 90's losis ohh the list goes on usually tey go for 10-20 bucks