Wiki Posts
Search

In Memory Of.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default In Memory Of.......

A great man will be missed

(I know this does not really apply to the thread but...)
Attached Thumbnails In Memory Of.......-damageplan2.jpg  
Old 12-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Great Man?

He will be missed...........

I guess
Old 12-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Pantera RAWKS. Damage plan was not quite as good, IMO.

Dimebag was definitely a hard hitter when it comes to Musical tallent. Coming out his ears, Gawd he was good. Ive never heard anyone else throw down pinch harmonics like him.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

YUP!

His riffs were the MEANEST!! Definetly hard hitting!

The one that really stood out in my mind is on "Cemetary Gates".

Listening to Pantera was one of the best ways to get fired-up, say like right before playing football . Probably not a very good idea to listen to Pantera right before a race though as you would probably hack a little too much.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im going to get flamed, but if everyone is going to to a "In memory of..." post for this guy, shoulnt one be made for all those guys dieing in Iraq? It pisses me off that we have to remember some dude because he used to play music, and nobody says anything of the guys that die serving in the military. Weather you agree with the war or not, they're still deiing. What makes him more important than the soldiers? He died doing what he loved, but do the soldeirs die doing what they love?
Old 12-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Well........

I mourn for the soldiers every day in my own way every day.
Everybody in the USA mourns for the soldiers who die in Iraq and Afghanistan and any other place for that matter, every day. They are our real heroes.

Nothing made "Dimebag" more important than anybody else. We are just fans just "remembering" him and his accomplishments.

Same way we all "remembered" John F. Kennedy, Dale Earnhart, Ayrton Senna, Elvis, etc..

If you are sooo pissed, why dont you start a thread? Better yet, start a website.

Jeez!!

Last edited by FREAKAH; 12-10-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Long live Darrel and everyone else who lost loves ones.

Never forget the selfless individuals who serve for this country.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by nitrodude
Im going to get flamed, but if everyone is going to to a "In memory of..." post for this guy, shoulnt one be made for all those guys dieing in Iraq? It pisses me off that we have to remember some dude because he used to play music, and nobody says anything of the guys that die serving in the military. Weather you agree with the war or not, they're still deiing. What makes him more important than the soldiers? He died doing what he loved, but do the soldeirs die doing what they love?
Nitro,

I did not post this for someone to come flaming about the men and women dying in the middle east. Darrell, was a friend, as well as an inspiration to many people, not just because of his abilities on the strings, but because of who he was as a Man.

I lost my Father to war Years ago, and many friends since then, The music that he and many others wrote pulled me through some very rough times, as I am sure it did for many others.

I only posted this so that those who Knew him or were moved or inspired by him could remember the great man he was.

Bryan
Old 12-27-2004, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Damn Guys ĦĦĦĦĦ

Everybody is talking the soldiers, the musicians but why don`t we think about the childs killed by the soldiers, the childs killed by the drugs ĦĦĦĦ

Stop this and think all teh inocent people died by our great soldiers...

Peace....
Old 12-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

First of all, I have to agree with what Fenix said, BUT my original statement stands.

I did not flame anyone, I posted my opinion, just like you did.

My biggest problem with your post is that this is an RC forum, not a heavy metal forum, if I saw this same post in a HM forum, I provably wouldn’t bother saying anything. But I feel like you're (and that is plural, I made the same comment, verbatim, in another RC forum with a similar post) pushing your beliefs down our throats.

I do, however, understand that it’s your right to post whatever you want, wherever you want. But so is mine.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

nitrodude, just because they didn't mention the little boys and girls and soldiers in foreign countries dying in their posts, doesn't mean they don't think about them or what is happening. So, what if someone dies and I post about it, I have to list everyone in the whole entire world in my post who has also died?

Don't jump to conclusions so fast man....

-Justin.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by nitrodude
But I feel like you're...pushing your beliefs down our throats.
And how is he "pushing" this down your throat? Did he "force" you to read it? Did he "force" you to look at the picture? Did he "force" you to respond? I don't think so! And why do you say "our"? Don't talk for everyone. You are offended so easily. Take a chill pill. Calm down.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

R.I.P Dude

Cheers
Old 12-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In memory of number 92, the great Reggie White. R.I.P