Searching for a good Clutch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Searching for a good Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a serpent 966 and blew the thrust bearing. I ordered one but its to big. When I went to the hobby shop they sold me an Arrow mrx5 clutch but the fly wheel sits to far in it rubs the break and sits to far in in the starter wheel hole. The serpent bell sits out much further. I see some one says you can use the mrx5 with the serpent bell but my clutch has the angle on the fly weights facing the flywheel. What thrust bearing should I be using? Or If I buy the newer serpent flywheel will that work with the mrx5?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Lord

The thrust bearing is with all the same 10x5x4
I believe you must place some shims behind the flywheel to make it all fit but I do not drive it, all I know some were using the new style MRX5 clutch before Serpent did make their own reversed style clutch.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Is there such thing as 1.9mm centax clutch spring ? or even 2.0mm ?

Who make them ?

( I'm looking harder springs. I'm using Mugen Seiki super hard spring at the moment. Mugen Seiki ultra hard spring has less coils, and I kind off dislike it ).
less coils = stronger the spring.

I know it sounds crazy but it's true. a spring engineer told me this. he said imagine the spring straightened out. if you grasp each end and try to bend it the longer one is easier to bend because you have more leverage. I never thought about it that way but he said that's the way it works.