Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with new LD3

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help with new LD3

Ok well im pretty much clueless on how to get my car started I read some of the instruction manuels but they werent much help. I have put in all the batteries and added fuel and when i went to start up the engine it wouldnt work. I have like .12 pull start engine and i cant get the fuel to go through the tubes into the engine... The only think that was really happening was that the air filter was getting flooded every time i start to yank on the pull start. Can anyone help?????
Old 12-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Well if the airfilter is wet that means you have fuel in your carb. The Engine might be flooded so take the glow plug out of the head and hold the car up side down to get all the fuel out and retry it again. Send me a PM if you need anymore help

Merry Christmas
Old 12-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Ho ho ho

Hard to say what's going on there. Feel free to post more info or send another PM. There's a thread somewhere on here with tons of LD3 info, but your problem sounds more general, at least this time.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

If the fuel is coming out of the air filter then that means that your fuel lines are full, you just cannot see it in the tubes....

-Justin.