Community
Wiki Posts
Search

colt 1/10 tourer

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default colt 1/10 tourer

hi all im new to this r/c stuff so i seeing if somone can help me.

first off i bought the car three years ago crashed it on the first tank so i put all the bits in a box and straight to the shed

next i bought parts last week new glow plug and fuel, next a mate tryed to tune it now it dosnt go at all does anyone no is the such thing as a base setting on the needles or a good starting point it has a techwell .12 engine in it. ive read manuals and checked websites but nowhere says the factory setting also yesterday when i did have it going it ran but at 80% throttle it stalled but the mane problem now is it wont run the glow plug glows fine so im guessing its the needle settings anyhelp is a appreciated in advance

cheers

pazz
Old 01-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not familiar with that engine at all but close both LSN and HSN fully and open them both 2.5 turns out.

Also when you say it won't run now do you mean it won't start? Or won't stay running after started?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

cheers for the reply mate

i just turn both needles 2.5 out it started but ran rough then stalled now i cant get it to start again i took the glow plug out it heats up good (its brand new) so im not sure whats happining
Old 01-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok it fired up, good.

When it started and running rough was there a lot of fuel coming out of the exhaust? If so then it sounds too rich. Clear out any standing fuel in the engine now ie. remove plug and turn the engine over a few times. Hold a rag at the plug hole to avoid making a mess.

Close the LSN a further 1/4 -1/2 turn and try to start it again.