Wiki Posts
Search

Using Hpi Body on TA car

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

Default Using Hpi Body on TA car

Would i be able to use a 200 mm body from hpi on my accositaed nitro tc3 rtr plus? And also which car is a better deal to buy if anyone knows?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, it will fit. Any 200mm body will fit on it nomatter who the manufacture is.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jye,

Watch the rear wheel wells on some of the HPI bodies. The NTC3 has a slightly longer wheelbase than HPI cars and some of the bodies rear wheel wells are going to be short of the actual rear wheel. This means that you will be compromising the wheel well line integrity of the body to get the proper cut.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:41 PM

I agree with JLock, the wheel openings on two HPI bodies I got didn't line up on the rear wheels so I had to do some major trimming to make the body fit. One other thing I don't like about the HPI bodies is the 'dimples' they put in the body to mark for the mounting posts. They don't line up with the TA posts either so you have what looks like a defect in the body showing. Other than that the bodies do have good detail and usually a nice decal sheet.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yea, I had to jack up two perfectly painted bodies when I had a NTC3 due to not paying attention to this before painting. The best bodies to use for the NTC3 is Protoform/Proline because many of their bodies do not have set rear wheel wells so you can cut that well anywhere you need.