R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to dasmurf93
Default possible upgrades

First for performance jp3pipe retune it you will see and feel the differnce. Also brakes.you can get some thundertiger buggy brakes and run dual disk just buy extracofna steel brake pads. Also you can do the double bearing mod for the clutch bell. And last servos.of course there is tons of other mods but i know for a fact this will bring you car to be a tough competitive car and that 28 is perfect i would keep till it dies.
dasmurf93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Our new pipe the 2047(10074) also works well on the .28 Force engine. It's better than the Jp-3, it's nice on th bottom and gets good pick speed. The other thing is that it's going to make more run time. On my buggy with my Evo II engine I make 11 to 12 minutes.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? Questions for you guys??

Hey all!!

I got a few goofy questions for you guys. Well maybe goofy to you lol. First off I would like to say this thing is bad a$$, loads of power and easy to start even for it being a pull start.

OK so here it goes. I was out running it and noticed it wouldn't hit second. I had the idle just right and the high was OK. I had it at one point to lean when I hit the gas it did that bogging sound when giving it full throttle. Then I had it to rich lol. When giving it gas it would build speed and then cut off and die.

I'm wanting to know if there might be something wrong with my two speed or is my tune off?? I only have almost five tanks threw it.

Next and last goofy question the next one is more a request. So I was having a blast with it. I'm probably going to switch to all on road, I like it that much. OK so I was running it and notice when I gave it gas it would spin around real fast. At first I though it was just loss of traction. Wrong. When I brought it back to me I noticed the rear wheels where the only one spinning. The breaks worked for the front only while the rear just spun. The drive shaft was fine and the grub screw was there where it came out of the front diff.

Now when I grab the front drive shaft it has some play in it. Is there another grub screw under the plate?? What would I need to remove to find if there is a grub screw?? Thanks all who help with this newbie on road questions.

P.s I can't seem to find any sights with ultra gtp2 upgrades. I'm looking for carbon fiber, bearings and some aluminium upgrades. Thanks again all.
doug e fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to dasmurf93

i have a feeling its the grub screw under the brake pad. i would lock tight all four brub screws on the center shafts. this is very common. in addition the frond shafts also take a grub screw that is known to loosen up. and the problem you are having sounds like tunning. you might need to richen the high since that pipe almost doesnt create back pressure. and five tanks is the minuimum for break in i would run atleast two more before messing around with it.
dasmurf93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Smile

welcome...again to the world of on-road. that includes the perils of the 'breakin' then the realization of all the places to look for 'loose stuff'.....then you'll be learning the 'tweaks' for your particular race setup.....hang in there.

i agree that you're getting on the beast a little too early to keep the engine happy.

i see in your info you have a pico .28, you'd love that in your gt, one of our guys gets great run times and good power out of that.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Yes I do have a picco 28, Its in my XL tho. Thanks guys for all the help its very appreciated and helpful. I will run a few more tanks threw it before i go running all out.

Few more questions for you guys. I'm wanting to know what different shock fluids can I run?? Also what do you guys think about the white springs?? I'm wanting to car to be stiff so I can get it as low as possible and keep my chassie for getting to chewed up. Thanks all.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug e fresh View Post
Few more questions for you guys. I'm wanting to know what different shock fluids can I run?? Also what do you guys think about the white springs?? I'm wanting to car to be stiff so I can get it as low as possible and keep my chassie for getting to chewed up. Thanks all.
You can change to any fluid you would like in the shocks, If you go to the DM-1 thread there are several set ups posted there.

You do not want to change the springs to keep the chassis off the pavement. Adjust the down stops so the suspension bottoms out before the chassis hits. You probably do not want the heaviest springs in the car, it will affect the traction.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Angry road rash

For Doug....

I got a chuckle thinking about when my first Kyosho GT was brand new and i didn't want any stinking scratches on my Corvette. I just had to race though. Scratches, tire doughnuts on your nice new body, banana shaped chassis pans and torn bodies will be there. But racing (and scratching) is a must.

Hey Grenade....Rocky Mountain Challenge this year? ? ! !
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
You just never know ....... but if we do, it will be posted here on RcTech.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
For Doug....

I got a chuckle thinking about when my first Kyosho GT was brand new and i didn't want any stinking scratches on my Corvette. I just had to race though. Scratches, tire doughnuts on your nice new body, banana shaped chassis pans and torn bodies will be there. But racing (and scratching) is a must.

Haha!! Yea when I was running it I heard the back bottom out and every time it did I cringed. I'm trying to find the ferrari body or some real nice body like that. All the bodies on the link on the first page are sold out. Also do they make any carbon fiber for this car or aluminum c hubs?? Thanks all for everything. Can't wait until summer so I can get out and rub some fenders with the pros

Though I would add this pic. Just sexy lol.

Last edited by doug e fresh; 01-15-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Hey ladies!!

Ok so I know I've asked this question alot, but are there any other sights where I can find on road bodies?? That igt hobbies bodies are out of stock and I can't find any place where i can find a body. Thanks all for the help once again..
Old 01-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Smile

Hey guys!!

So I found this web sight and check out this body. No English tho. So I can't read anything. I would love to put that body on my ultra gtp2. But I can't find it anywhere else. Also I think its 1/10.

Well here it is..
http://www.competitionhobbies.com.br...hp?p=6883&r=70
Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Doug,

Visit Leisure Hours Hobbies in Joliet Il.
They'll hook you up with what really works.

Good luck!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:28 PM   #29
Tech Rookie

Default what is a better car

what is the better car i should get i plain on putting an lrp .32 spec on whatever car i get and upgrade servos and other things to make a great track fast car so i wanted some other peoples opinion and see if the ofna ultra gtp2 or the ofna dm1 , or the ofna x3 or the kyosho inferno gt 2 . and also want a buggy so is a hyper 7, or the ofna hypercage ssplus, or the ofna jammin better.... please respond and let me know which onroad car i should get and than which buggy both are getting servos and lrp .32 motor and other performance upgrades.. so whats your choice?
ant88man is offline   Reply With Quote