Wiki Posts
Search

front one-way

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 04:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default front one-way

Hello,

Some 1/10 sedan are equipped with front one-way.
But I find that when brake, the front wheel can not be stopped.

And if the inner rear wheel leave the ground, the whole car will not be braked.

So how to deal with it?

And which type is best?
1. front one way
2.planetry diff
3.ball diff
4.solid axis
Old 12-23-2004, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

it depends on the track.one way is for large tracks.i never used planetary diffs,so i can't comment.i think ball diff is for any track.solid axles give u one way cornering speed,but with front wheel braking.hope this helps
Old 12-23-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default look

because i have searched the diffs........here are my resaults if you use one way front you have to do alot of practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!to handle the car on braking!

the best is to use a common diff and put in the right oil so as not to be 70% one way!
Old 12-23-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: look

Originally posted by apla
because i have searched the diffs........here are my resaults if you use one way front you have to do alot of practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!to handle the car on braking!

the best is to use a common diff and put in the right oil so as not to be 70% one way!

Old 12-23-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default exlain

what do you mean...with your words
Old 12-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: front one-way

Originally posted by adsl
Hello,

Some 1/10 sedan are equipped with front one-way.
But I find that when brake, the front wheel can not be stopped.

And if the inner rear wheel leave the ground, the whole car will not be braked.

So how to deal with it?

And which type is best?
1. front one way
2.planetry diff
3.ball diff
4.solid axis
To simple things out, here is what I feel and want you to think it as simple as this...

1.Front one way - once you are a good rc driver, and ready to big time race on a big or bigger track, then use it, you need a lot of practice cause like you had experienced, the car will have little to no braking...but lap time can be faster....(can be, not necessary)

2.planetry diff - anyone can handle that, just need to use the right diff grease....for TC, front diff usually use thicker (like 50,000) grease then rear...rear use like 5,000 to 10,000, go to LHS and ask the different degrees of diff grease.

3.ball diff - same as gear diff, but the diff motion can be ADJUSTABLE, not need to use different type of diff grease...but required daily maintenance...look at it as a UPGRADE of gear diff. works the same....anyone can handle that.

4.solid axis - same thing, anyone can handle that, perfect for small tight track and LOW TRACTION track.........no diff grease, no balls to adjust, nothing........suppose to give you better turning, but pretty HARD on the front tires, axle cups and dogbones, you might experience snapped or twisted dogbone if you use a lot of braking....