Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo GT-4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Proteus
does anybody have a good setup for norco track (rcheat). Also what tires work best. thanks.

Jeff
proteus if you find out the tire combo can you post it here
since i also haven't been there and do you need front
diffs at that track? thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Proteus & jwf_frani - The RCHeat track has very good traction and just about any foams work well there. I've run Jaco 40/40s, Mugen Fast 42/40 and 40/40 there and all have worked pretty well. I'm not running a GT4 but I have run 2 different cars (NTC3, R40) and both have worked well with 40/40. I ran 42/40 with the R40 which has a oneway in it and liked it a little better.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rod_b
Proteus & jwf_frani - The RCHeat track has very good traction and just about any foams work well there. I've run Jaco 40/40s, Mugen Fast 42/40 and 40/40 there and all have worked pretty well. I'm not running a GT4 but I have run 2 different cars (NTC3, R40) and both have worked well with 40/40. I ran 42/40 with the R40 which has a oneway in it and liked it a little better.
Are you still running the MPP NTC3 you got from Steve? What do you think of it?
Old 03-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

thanks rod i might show up there as soon as i get some
other races out of the way.

modeller what is an mpp ntc3?
Old 03-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

modellor - No I'm not running it. I rebuilt it and gave it to my friend who's been wanting a NTC3. Actually, I was kinda disappointed when I first saw it because I gave Steve a very nice GT4 and the NTC3 he gave me back was battle weary. He did give me quite a few parts and a serviceable engine so all in all it was a relatively fair trade. Was there anything special I should have noticed about the car?

Francis - RCHeat will start racing at Castle Park in April and "I think" the surface is exactly the same but I don't know that for a fact. I hope you can come out sometime. I never get a chance to race at Rev because I'm always have stuff to do on Sundays.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

oops

double post
Old 03-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

rod_b the car was a little batle wary, but I did give a bunch of parts, and that engine was my best one at the time. How did you like the engine? I was wondering because it was modified by yours truly and I would like to know someone elses opinion of it. Also the GT4 was very good, thanks.

Bassically tha car had a ligthend chassis, a very nice one piece upper deck, and the front solid and rear diff were also lightend. The front solid in particular was much ligther than the stock one.

the chassis looked like this one:
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo GT-4 Thread-image009.jpg  
Old 03-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

JWF-Franni, I guess now you know why I wanted the solid in the front of the GT4, it works great on the NTC3. Oh, and thanks for hellping me on sunday.

This is the upper deck :
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo GT-4 Thread-images001.jpg  
Old 03-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Also for anyone interested, the clutch bells I ligthend are a lot lother than the Ft ones, I have done this with my shoe clutch clutch bells on the GT4. And the 2 speed one-way hub and the drum for 2nd gear are also much ligther than the FT ones. The idea with that car was basically make it as light as it could posibly be without weakening anything too much. Even though it was very light it was also still strong. The convination of the light chassis and my upper deck in particular made it very strong. Unlike the other upperdecks on the market, mine would go into the pegs in the tanny cases, very much like the stock upper deck, and therefore it ties the whole car together.

Sorry if that sounded like a advertisment, but not many people (other than friends who had my mods) beleive that that car could work, but it did, unlike the driver of course
Old 03-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

tabushi did you get a chance to run your gt4 at the track
where they held the preworlds?
Old 03-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default Nice Yok

Here's a nice Yok!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1
Old 03-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Somebody knows if it exist any of NON YOKOMO KIT (mugen ?, serpent ?, kyosho ?) differentials that fits into the GT4 ... i need a full set of front and rear diff ... its just to solve an emergency and lack-of-parts-this-month problem that i have ...

cya !
Old 03-24-2004, 05:59 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tabushi
Somebody knows if it exist any of NON YOKOMO KIT (mugen ?, serpent ?, kyosho ?) differentials that fits into the GT4 ... i need a full set of front and rear diff ... its just to solve an emergency and lack-of-parts-this-month problem that i have ...

cya !
Hi Pato

I would try with Serpent Impulse differentials, because they are the same design as Yokomo, that is straight gear type. But I don't know if they are straight fit. Need to know if number of teeth on pulleys are the same, or would have to adapt Yokomo's pulleys on to the Serpent casings, provided they are the same widht. Best thing would be to compare Yokomo's diffs with Serpent's at a local hobby shop that carry Serpent's diffs.
All I know is that the Impulse had the same internal gear drive ratio as Yokomo which is 2:1 and that the diffs look very similar from the outside, it is a question of measuring sizes between the two and checking number of tooth on pulleys.
AFM
Old 03-24-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Serpent diffs dont fit straight in. They are 2mm longer than the GT4 diffs.

The only diff I believe will fit straight in are the Mugen ones.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by modellor
Serpent diffs dont fit straight in. They are 2mm longer than the GT4 diffs.

The only diff I believe will fit straight in are the Mugen ones.

Modellor ... mugens ?, wich model ? (mtx2, mtx3 ?) ...

thanks ! ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.