Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new car

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new car

im lookin to buy a new car (my first) and i have narrowed it down to 2 i like, Dura Trax street force gp2 or the Ofna ob4. just
which one would yall get.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

are u looking to race with those cars?if so,i don't reccomend it.if u are looking to bash around,then it might be fine.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Rookie

if i were to race which would u recommend
Old 12-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if your plan is to race, and its your first car, you cant go wrong with a RTR Ntc3. Associated puts out great products and this car is top of the line without spending big buck. My .02
Old 12-17-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

if your plan is to race, and its your first car, you cant go wrong with a RTR Ntc3. Associated puts out great products and this car is top of the line without spending big buck. My .02

Old 12-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

it all depends how much your looking to spend

The NTC3 RTR might be cheap but it will never be a top compeditior

but if the money doesnt allow it then get the NTC3

but if you have the money maybe invest in an Mugen MTX3, Kyosho VoneRRR, Kyosho FW05R/RR, Serpent 710, Hong Nor CD3

the NTC3 RTR is a good first car. but if you dont want to pay for 2cars (1 to practise on and one to race later on) then just get a top car straight off, thats what i did my first car was a V one RR evo and i learnt real Quick and it was a very competitive car and i saved on paying for 2 cars! it was the right choice.

hope this helps
Old 12-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by TRAJ

but if you have the money maybe invest in an Mugen MTX3, Kyosho VoneRRR, Kyosho FW05R/RR, Serpent 710, Hong Nor CD3

the NTC3 RTR is a good first car. but if you dont want to pay for 2cars (1 to practise on and one to race later on) then just get a top car straight off, thats what i did my first car was a V one RR evo and i learnt real Quick and it was a very competitive car and i saved on paying for 2 cars! it was the right choice.

hope this helps
The NTC3 RTR is a great start-off car for a beginner, which later on can be converted to a competition car, just need a good radio, engine and tuned-pipe, threaded shocks, and you'll have a race-ready car.

Let's just put it this way, get any of these cars - Mugen MTX3, AE NTC3, Serpent 710, Kyosho V1RRR/FW05 - , and you'll have for yourself a competitive, race-winning material. On whether it will win you races or if you're quick on the track, it still depends on the hands that holds the controller and sets the car up.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TRAJ

hope this helps
HRM!!!!!!

factory team ntc3s have been quite a force and there is NOTHING stopping you from upgrading a rtr to ft spec, these are great cars, and I believe that they are capable of beating anything from kyosho in its class and is competitive with serpents without a doubt you dont win world titles with a shit car man

why do so many people bag this car out ffs! its upgrade potential is huge it can grow with you as your skill improves
Old 12-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Tech Champion

Why don't you buy real race car in the first place ? So you don't have to buy another car as your driving skill improve gradually.

You pick one of the following: Kyosho V One RRR for the current championship, Mugen Seiki MTX 3 Prospec for strength, Team Magic G4 E class for stability.

It's more expensive, but it's better investment. If you add lots of hop up options for NTC 3, the total cost will be the same or exceed the price of V One RRR.

Just a thought......
Old 12-18-2004, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asw7576
Why don't you buy real race car in the first place ? So you don't have to buy another car as your driving skill improve gradually.

You pick one of the following: Kyosho V One RRR for the current championship, Mugen Seiki MTX 3 Prospec for strength, Team Magic G4 E class for stability.

It's more expensive, but it's better investment. If you add lots of hop up options for NTC 3, the total cost will be the same or exceed the price of V One RRR.

Just a thought......
Exactly my point

i own a V one RRR and its the BEST car ever made thus far....

like asw7576 said it will cost you tooooo much to upgrade the NTC3 you will need a centex clutch for starters and thats $100 itself!! where as its standard in the other touring cars mentioned and still it will not match the performance of the RRR or FW05R, MTX3, 710 etc etc....
Old 12-18-2004, 01:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wayne
HRM!!!!!!

factory team ntc3s have been quite a force and there is NOTHING stopping you from upgrading a rtr to ft spec, these are great cars, and I believe that they are capable of beating anything from kyosho in its class and is competitive with serpents without a doubt you dont win world titles with a shit car man

why do so many people bag this car out ffs! its upgrade potential is huge it can grow with you as your skill improves
Do you race local or national / international ?

I only see V One RRR, Serpent 710, G4, Mugen MTX3 in national or international race event.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Assuming the guys is from the states though I dont know of many places where he could get parts for those cars. I would think that after watching Barry Bakers, and Mark Pavidis NTC3's that you guys would think its more than everyones "first" car. The car can potentially be as fast as just about any other car on the market which is mostly true for any kit, with the right driver. What ever you decide, just have fun and race!
Old 12-18-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

What ever you decide, just have fun and race!

that is why we r in this hobby
Old 12-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

All the cars listed in previous posts are outstanding cars, each capable of winning in the right hands.
But do some homework and see which of these cars have spares readily available in your area........theres nothing worse than missing a race day because youre waiting on parts
Cheers
Old 12-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

i really dont like associated's RTR packages. i dont like the thunder tiger engines, and i dont like their jaguar radio system. their kit cars are ok, so if you want an associated i'd pickup the kit to start up with.

for RTR, the HPI offerings are actually decent. the RTR 3 doesnt have competition inspired suspension design, but it is reliable and very easy to use as well as economical to maintain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.