Wiki Posts
Search

HPI RS4-3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
will this fit...?

I have an HPI RS4 3 EVO and I want to know if 26mm foams in the front and 30mm foams in the rear will fit? Is there any modification, spacers, or alterations needed to make this fit? I saw some HPI RS4 3 have 26mm/30mm tires/wheels but not sure if changes are needed. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Anthony
Old 04-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: will this fit...?

Originally posted by nozauta619
I have an HPI RS4 3 EVO and I want to know if 26mm foams in the front and 30mm foams in the rear will fit? Is there any modification, spacers, or alterations needed to make this fit? I saw some HPI RS4 3 have 26mm/30mm tires/wheels but not sure if changes are needed. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Anthony
They will fit
Old 04-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default thanks!

Thanks for the rapid response Rapid Roy (no pun intended) Is there any type of foam tires you would recommend? Thanks again.

Anthony
Old 04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Grease for diff

Hello all,

I am the proud owner of a highly tempermental rs4 evo, which seems to have more and more trouble aproaching anything that slightly resembles a corner, never mind exiting one. I know that I only have myself to blame as I have never changed the diff grease so pls anyone, help cure my baby: which grease do I need to fill up the fr/rr diffs?

The circuit is very small indoor, technical, and above all very slippery. I use 35 shore tires, v hard shocks in front and medium behind, hard anti sway in front and medium behind.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Old 04-05-2005, 10:43 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well, Sway bars REMOVE grip in cornering. I would start by taking both them off, setting up the car so its neutral without them, then you can add them back on as you see fit.

From what I remember the sways on the HPI's are sorta ineffective as a sway bar anyway, they are pretty much just another spring for the arm.

Also explain the issue more, is it over steering into a corner? pushing out of a corner? Also a great deal has to do with brake/throttle attitude entering a corner, how you apex the corner, ballance shifting on entering the corner. etc...
Old 04-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks clegg for quick reply,

As far as I can tell the car is overly sensitive into the corner, so I lose the back end rapidly, I have the impression I am sliding with all four wheels, rally style. Concerning my drive style I tend to lay off the gas till after the apex, I am not an overly aggresive driver. I will try to remove the sway bars first, any idea for any other modifications?

Thanks again
Old 04-05-2005, 02:34 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeh drive slower, it sounds like you are over driving the surface if all 4 wheels are sliding out. also try removing some front bite if its flicking the ass end out. Increase the rear toe in to 2deg in hubs, and make the front toe out smaller on the front down to like .5Deg.

That should remove some twitch and keep the ass end a bit more planted.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Regarding his question on diff grease, how often should we replace it? 10 tanks, 20 etc????
Old 04-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Clegg
Yeh drive slower, it sounds like you are over driving the surface if all 4 wheels are sliding out. also try removing some front bite if its flicking the ass end out. Increase the rear toe in to 2deg in hubs, and make the front toe out smaller on the front down to like .5Deg.

That should remove some twitch and keep the ass end a bit more planted.
OK thnks for these tips, but I don't know how to adjust the front toe or how to measure it, can you explain? As for the diff, I am convinced its in pretty poor shape, there's a great deal of friction, what range of oils should I be looking at front/ rear?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default CENTAX

Has anyone tried to use the CENTAX clutch for the RS4? Please share your tips how to do it.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Grease for diff

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Benzoil
[B]Hello all,

I am the proud owner of a highly tempermental rs4 evo, which seems to have more and more trouble aproaching anything that slightly resembles a corner, never mind exiting one. I know that I only have myself to blame as I have never changed the diff grease so pls anyone, help cure my baby: which grease do I need to fill up the fr/rr diffs?

change the rear diffs with the new strengthened units supplied with 18SS units, you should also change the diff gear case in the process,
Old 05-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default HPI RS4 3 18 SS Thread

Purchased this car about a month ago. It's my first TC. I'm interested in racing this puppy but I was hoping to pick up some insider info on how to soup up the car to make it more competitive my first time out. When I went to the local track noone seemed to have much respect for HPI in general. Anyone know why this is?

Anyone satisfied/dissatisfied with their 18ss performance?

Any and all tips and tricks or general knowlede about this kit would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Are HPI owners just shy, or does noone actually have this kit but me??????
Old 05-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

The RS4-3 isn't really a full on race car. Having said that, I say go ahead and run it at the track. You might want to check and see if they have engine limitations at their races. The .18 is too large for sanctioned races, but for your local track/club racing it could be fine. At the local races here, almost anything goes for the rookie class.

Learn how to set up the suspension and select the right tires. Then practice, practice and practice so you can run clean consistant laps. Don't go buying lots of shiny parts, just replace what you break. If you stick with racing, you will eventually want a kit that is more race oriented.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the stock HPI kits don't run that bad...(last year)where we race, i usually am in the top 3 or 4 people out of about 20 or so racers...with my r40......just for kicks,I ran the STOCK RTR3 evo I won the hpi challenge with for one night...I was still in the top 10....the car has plenty of steering....and it runs way better than a racer 2 ever did........just run it on a course it was intended to run on.....no 250 ft straights.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.