Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blitz R18 and ARX

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Tested the R18 this past weekend @ the winternats mounted 30mm from the bumper on the MRX5 versus my P909 same mounting position felt very good n stable a bit more stable than the 909 so I went with the R18 for the entire event my best lap with it 11.8 almost got my best run on the last qualifier was on a 35 lapper until another driver bobble during a pass that put me on my lid killed my run all in all those that use the 909 will be very pleased with the Blitz
Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Great to hear that the R18 performs so well. For the front section there are two crosshair markings - did you use them to mount it? If not, please be so kind and read the distance from the top of the vertical marking to the center of the body hole.

Thanks and best regards, Stefan
Old 02-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have no idea how the ARX feels yet i havent run it, i will be this week so ill let you know.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Btw, the ARX is by far the best body we have tried this year and has become our body of choice on most tracks.

Awesome steering and still a stable rear end.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,
I will like to know if the blitz ARX can be a good bodyshell for a 1/8 pan car th.
I need to have a good steering (because we run with front 45°tyres) and i must have a big rear downforce. We dont have shocks
I have try already the r18 pf, i have to much steering but no rear downforce and low traction.
Thank you for your help or information about this ARX
Old 08-27-2015, 01:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

@flex82
I use a Blitz R18 on my Motonica P8C. It has good steering and stable rear. However, I do use a guerney strip on the rear.
Tires: I run Ufra 48 fronts and Ufra 32 rears...
Front lip is +/- 24 mm from front bumper.... I used the croshairs to position the body....
Old 08-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

I have friend who use a R18 on motonica P8C too, him happy with it. But we don't have same car. I have a forfaster Z1. My R18 pf is at 20mm from front bumper. I have try 10mm. But still the same problem, no rear traction and stil a lot of steering with guerney strip at 10mm.
The best body i used become from forfaster, its look like the R09 blitz, but with a cockpit at 0mm from front bumper. But to hard and expensive to have it(from italy).
The problem with pan car 1/8 and 4X4 1/8, we dont mount the bodyshell at the same position from the front of the bumper

I can have some Blitz ARX for a very low price. That's why my question here. If someone can advice me about this ARX bodyshell.

@Johnson40, Thank you for your reply, i think your rear tires are to much soft. In france, we never use 32° at rears or maybe if the track have some wet parts.
Becarefull with ufra too, the shore isn't so good, i bought some 35° rear. It was 32°. I made the comparison with other brands(matrix,enneti,contact...) and a meter shore.

Im sorry for my english.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

@flex82
Thanks for your tips! Especially on the tires. My home track is very very low on grip...

I wish my French is as good as your English (^_^)