ROAR 2012 FUEL Onroad Nationals >

ROAR 2012 FUEL Onroad Nationals

ROAR 2012 FUEL Onroad Nationals

Old 06-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I got this message too
I used the Contact Us at the bottom of the page and sent them a message and am able to access the forum now.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...OnRoadNats.pdf
I don't see any issue's here for the electric Nationals wow look at all the practice there getting
Why is there an issue for Nitro Nationals
+1 Billy
+2 Ted let's go build a track spend over 100 grand & get back 1.5%
Brad I thought Nebraska was part of the west or mid west
Last 5 nationals had plenty of practice why the issue now
Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

I can assure everyone that no one is more frustrated than Melanie and I.
It sure seems to be pretty simple to solve but then when you can't seem to talk to anyone its starts to get real old, and fast.
I can understand not wanting people to have an unfair advantage but lets get into the real world. This is OnRoad Racing at a permanent facility, you don't just change the place. Next time around ROAR will mandate that no locals can run at a track 6 months prior to the Nationals so they don't have an unfair advantage. Seems a bit near sited in the thinking to me.
When we bid for this race it was always the plan to have our Series Race the weekend before and from what I understand when the meeting took place to decide the locations of the Nationals the powers to be knew this. Now suddenly we have a problem, I just don't get it at all.
This should have been taken care months ago, and we thought it was.
All I can say is that I have no idea what is going on now but something needs to happen very soon.
Greg Esser
Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, not sure why the ROAR excom group is working so hard not to make our ROAR fuel On-Road Nationals the biggest race of the year as it has been for the Previous 30 + years. I can believe that many racers will need to make trips to Arcadia just to get a little track time before the Nationals and making extra trips is not saving anyone money.

As we all saw last year at the Control track and having limited track time because of wet weather, many normally very fast racers from out of town were left to watch because they could not stop breaking their cars on the track they really did not know. Were as a few out of town racers that had made a couple of trips to Conn. for other races looked very confortable on the track and had great finishes.

Especially with the controled practice on Thursday used to seat the heats, true practice time is to limited to give an out of town racers an equal playing field.

As we know having a nice purpose built Fuel on-road track is what we want as a group, I am sure we wish there was twice the number we currently have. With off-road and carpet on-road it is not uncommon to have different track layouts monthly if not more often. With the changing layouts the playing field is leveled. When someone shows up for the first time at a purpose built Fuel on-road track the playing field is not level, the more laps around that track the better your chances of success become. The more recent the laps the better.

Maybe the ROAR excom group needs to think of our Nationals as Fuel on-road and not off-road dirt or carpet. Fortunately, not all RC racing is the same.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XPHamer
Yes, not sure why the ROAR excom group is working so hard not to make our ROAR fuel On-Road Nationals the biggest race of the year as it has been for the Previous 30 + years. I can believe that many racers will need to make trips to Arcadia just to get a little track time before the Nationals and making extra trips is not saving anyone money.

As we all saw last year at the Control track and having limited track time because of wet weather, many normally very fast racers from out of town were left to watch because they could not stop breaking their cars on the track they really did not know. Were as a few out of town racers that had made a couple of trips to Conn. for other races looked very confortable on the track and had great finishes.

Especially with the controled practice on Thursday used to seat the heats, true practice time is to limited to give an out of town racers an equal playing field.

As we know having a nice purpose built Fuel on-road track is what we want as a group, I am sure we wish there was twice the number we currently have. With off-road and carpet on-road it is not uncommon to have different track layouts monthly if not more often. With the changing layouts the playing field is leveled. When someone shows up for the first time at a purpose built Fuel on-road track the playing field is not level, the more laps around that track the better your chances of success become. The more recent the laps the better.

Maybe the ROAR excom group needs to think of our Nationals as Fuel on-road and not off-road dirt or carpet. Fortunately, not all RC racing is the same.
AMEN !!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XPHamer

Ted Hammer for ROAR President!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Wednesday Practice

To me it seems pointless to say that there can be no unfair advantage when there will always be some advantage to the local racers at any given track. The idea of Wednesday practice is not for us Florida guys to have more track time but to give those who have not raced here before the opportunity to get some real track time. Most of us here in Florida have many, many laps around this track and one day of practice will not make much difference to us. So if it was a matter of track time it would make more since for us just to have our State race and no Wednesday practice but that is not what we want, we are racers and want to have a great National race where all can be competitive.
The problem as it is now is that there will be only half a day of practice with dummy rounds of qualifying in the afternoon, I can't imagine 125 racers trying to get on and off the drivers stand in 5 hours and have any chance of figuring things out. The Wednesday practice would give many racers the opportunity to find a set up and figure the fast line around the track without much of a difference in overall cost to attend this event.
In the end it is up to the powers that be but the right thing to do would be to give the out of area racers a chance and allow the Wednesday practice.

Last edited by tdr170; 06-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MjoyRacer
We need you to email the Roar official directly. We would like everyone who has a concern about the NO Wednesday practice to email the roar officials and plead to have Wednesday practice reinstated. We ask that you give solid reasoning to them and ask that they consider making the change so we can all enjoy the racing we love. We would like to see everyone come an enjoy the race, do well and feel like they had a fair amount of practice on for most what will be a new race track. Our concern is not as a racetrack owners, but as fellow racers who what it to be a fair and competitive race.

I registered to and have to wait for the Roar mediator to approve my/our registrations. It is more Red tape and we must continue to cut thru it if we want our voices heard!

go to the roarraccing.com or click this link to go to the directors page
http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=76

We need the contact Roars Competition Director: Paul King
email:[email protected]

and the Roar President Steve Pond
e-mail: [email protected]

and even the Roar Vice President: Ed Hill
e-mail: [email protected]
I have done all the above, in past and now. All I see Roar do well is collect my membership $$.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Math

Roar should be bending over backwards for any track, that bids for the nats. A lot of work for 120+ Racers

120 Racers = $10,200 take-in

Track = 1,500.00
Roar = $8,700.00 if my math is correct
Old 06-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Looking at the layout it doesn't look like running it backward would have any type of flow so not that many people would be going to the club race and more money out of the track owner pockets.

The whole Advantage ...Disadvantage issue...Its a permanent track thats been open for a year already with the same layout.... I'm pretty sure the locals already have an advantage over anyone flying out to the race.

And not to regurgitate but; 110-120 guys having one day of practice for the most important race of the years doesn't make much since.

Hopefully something gets changed because we were thinking about putting a bid in for next years nationals and possibly having it on the west coast; but situations like this would make you think twice on if it's worth it.

Keep fighting Greg

Just my two cents
Brian Thomas

Last edited by bmain57; 06-07-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: reread the post made no since
Old 06-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spdmkr
Roar should be bending over backwards for any track, that bids for the nats. A lot of work for 120+ Racers

Track = 1,500.00
Actually it's more than that if you factor this stuff in:

3) Financial Considerations
a) All entry fees and entry forms or online entry registration information will be sent to and
collected by the ROAR Administrator.
b) ROAR will furnish the trophy awards for the event.
c) ROAR will agree to the follow as host payment fees:
a) The Host will receive $1,500 as a guaranteed fee from the ROAR Administrator for hosting
the event to be paid as follows:
1) $500 ninety days prior to the event with verification of receipt of Host Agreement
2) $1,000 within 10 days of the event completion in accordance to Host/ROAR agreement
which will be verified by the ROAR President and ROAR Competition Director after
discussion with the RMT Race Director and upon receipt of all equipment and materials
shipped to proper ownership. ROAR will provide shipping billing information to the host.
b) ROAR will compensate the host with an additional $1000 within 10 days of the event
completion if paid entries exceed 125.
1) Paid entry count will be determined from calculations of online registration site and hand
count of mailed entries (if applicable) received prior to the start of the event. ROAR will
also gather total entry count from the RMT Race Director prior the event’s end.
c) ROAR will compensate the host an additional $30.00 for each entry exceeding a paid
entry count of 190 within 10 days of the event completion and return of equipment and
materials shipped to proper ownership. ROAR will provide shipping billing information to
the host.
d) The Host is required to provide all entrants of the event, either for sale or to be given away, a
race memento. The ROAR logo and name of the event must be on this item. i.e.: t-shirt, hat, pit
towel or other items as suggestions.
e) The Host retains all other monies received including but not limited to:
a) Sponsorship funds
b) Table rental fees
c) Indoor or Outdoor, covered or non covered racer working area pit space fees
d) Concessions
e) Required t-shirts or other race memento sales
f) Profit from controlled and/or stated product requirements

Sponsors pay for the tracks for advertising also for everyone of those banners at the national events. This is nothing secret and also published in the National Guidelines from the ROAR website.

I believe there is more to the story for ROAR's initial decision on the practice because it was also enforced for the off-road events also. I understand practice is possibly being offered at no fee for this event, but I hear past events at other tracks where this practice may have run upwards of $50 for the day. It's good to see the members starting to voice their concerns and make themselves heard.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spdmkr

Track = 1,500.00
Can someone please explain to me why it is that ROAR gets so much more than the host track does? Who is doing the most physical work when it comes to putting on such an event? What I am sure of at this point is that we,"The Racers" are the ones pulling the money out of our pockets only to be told by Roar when we can practice.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sliptrick
Can someone please explain to me why it is that ROAR gets so much more than the host track does? Who is doing the most physical work when it comes to putting on such an event? What I am sure of at this point is that we,"The Racers" are the ones pulling the money out of our pockets only to be told by Roar when we can practice.
ROAR does pay for the awards. In addition, ROAR provides the Race Management Teams for all National Events to maintain consistancy. It's not cheap for this second part. They do not hide this info either: http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...d_Expenses.pdf
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmackani
ROAR does pay for the awards. In addition, ROAR provides the Race Management Teams for all National Events to maintain consistancy. It's not cheap for this second part. They do not hide this info either: http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...d_Expenses.pdf
I am not a beginner (I have being involved in On Road Nitro RC Racing for 30 years already, and traveled to races around the world since 1987) and i travel to most of the important USA On Road Nitro events every year. Every time i attend this events, i see well organized races, most of the time with 100+ entries, with a well organized and executed schedule.
Why we need and RMT??
If the real intention is cut cost, let's get rid of it! All we need is ONE Roar official.
Let the track take care of the event. Let the track generate funds in order to maintain, improve and promote the sport. If the trophies are a concern because of past experiences, that's fine, ROAR can take care of that, but the biggest expense is having to move the entire RMT Team.

As far as this year Nationals, please let the organizer open at least one day for open practice.

Paolo Morganti
Old 06-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Paolo M
I am not a beginner (I have being involved in On Road Nitro RC Racing for 30 years already, and traveled to races around the world since 1987) and i travel to most of the important USA On Road Nitro events every year. Every time i attend this events, i see well organized races, most of the time with 100+ entries, with a well organized and executed schedule.
Why we need and RMT??
If the real intention is cut cost, let's get rid of it! All we need is ONE Roar official.
Let the track take care of the event. Let the track generate funds in order to maintain, improve and promote the sport. If the trophies are a concern because of past experiences, that's fine, ROAR can take care of that, but the biggest expense is having to move the entire RMT Team.

As far as this year Nationals, please let the organizer open at least one day for open practice.

Paolo Morganti
All good responses. As others have pointed out, this forum is not regularly followed by the upper echelon and it's best to bring ideas like this over to the ROAR website and continue to communicate on their forums. I help out with the local scene as do many other regional directors and assistants. As you can probably tell, I too had many questions at one time and sought out some answers and I am relaying this information which I have found. I understand it can be a pain to get the account fully setup, but this provides ROAR the capability to hear it's members directly and not have to sort through voices from people which are not even part of the organization. Take this thread for example. On the ROAR website, their have been 18 responses and 146 views from it's members. On this website there have been 75 responses and 4,122 views. Your second avenue is to contact your regional director and work the communication through them up the chain of command.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.