Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
ROAR 2012 FUEL Onroad Nationals >

ROAR 2012 FUEL Onroad Nationals

ROAR 2012 FUEL Onroad Nationals

Old 06-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MjoyRacer
We need you to email the Roar official directly. We would like everyone who has a concern about the NO Wednesday practice to email the roar officials and plead to have Wednesday practice reinstated. We ask that you give solid reasoning to them and ask that they consider making the change so we can all enjoy the racing we love. We would like to see everyone come an enjoy the race, do well and feel like they had a fair amount of practice on for most what will be a new race track. Our concern is not as a racetrack owners, but as fellow racers who what it to be a fair and competitive race.

I registered to and have to wait for the Roar mediator to approve my/our registrations. It is more Red tape and we must continue to cut thru it if we want our voices heard!

go to the roarraccing.com or click this link to go to the directors page
http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=76

We need the contact Roars Competition Director: Paul King
email:[email protected]

and the Roar President Steve Pond
e-mail: [email protected]

and even the Roar Vice President: Ed Hill
e-mail: [email protected]
Done, thanks for the link
Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

This is from steve from the roar site

Jim, thanks for starting the thread, and thanks to those that handled this like an adult that likes their hobby and wants to have fun. It makes working together to find a useful solution much more possible. Having said that, I need to preface the discussion with a little background on this issue, because it's one that's been raised most by fuel on-road racers more so than any other group, and it dates back to the fuel on-road committee when it was active. So, ROAR is simply being responsive to the racer's requests, but it appears there has either been a 180-degree change in preference, or a different group of racers would simply prefer more track time and expense as opposed to less. This isn't the first time there's been more than one opinion and it surely won't be the last. I'm only interested in having a good event that a majority of the drivers enjoy, and that is mindful of the rules and sense of fairness that the ROAR rules require.*There's no problem with adding an extra day of practice. I would like to be sure that racers haven't already made plans that can't be rescheduled, because if they were following the published schedule and then we change it, they either have to be able to change their travel reservations, or we'll need to find a way to accommodate them. That's an important factor for me. Ideally, I hope it's not an issue so we can move forward.The next issue is, there's a Florida State Series race the weekend prior to the Nationals. The host agreement doesn't prohibit this, but it must meet certain conditions that ensure racers who participate in both events are not at an advantage over racers that are only competing in the ROAR Nationals. the host agreement simply states that the track be changed more than 60-percent between the events, OR the events need to be run in two different directions on the track.Simply put, there ARE drivers that will rightfully protest if other drivers are allowed to compete in an event the weekend prior, on the exact same track and direction that will be used for the Nationals. ROAR would be remiss in allowing this to happen, knowing that it will give certain drivers many more practice days. The host agreement anticipates this and gives us a choice.ROAR will happily change the schedule to allow an additional practice day if you guys can reciprocate by making the single adjustment of running the track in the opposite direction for the FORGAS event. Then we'll have the extra practice day, there shouldn't be any perceived advantage to drivers that elect to run in both events, and hopefully that's to the satisfaction of a majority of the drivers. The alternative is to run the race as scheduled. So, please give it some consideration and let me know your preference and I'll be sure to make the adjustment if that's what a majority of the racers would prefer.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

2010 club race same direction and wednesday practice....2011 club race same direction and Wednesday practice....

When did this get revised?

Running state race in opposite direction seems rather pointless. The track never changes..unlike off road...using this logic anyone that competed at previous event at anytime would be at advantage. Is this simply the case of applying one set of rules to two different situations and racing discplines?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This is from the 2010 ROAR National Guidelines "The track may not be open for any practice for a national event prior to three days of the start
of racing. For tracks that hold ‘club’ style racing prior the event, the course must be
different than the national layout. (Except permanent tracks) It is recommended to run an
opposite direction for racing prior the event on the same layout to avoid local and early
arrivers an advantage."

Note: the word only says "recommended" leaving open interpretation.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

This from the current ROAR rule book:

12.3.1 The specific Nationals track and/or track layout will not be run on for a period of
3 days prior to the RMT controlled practice day. Except for one day of Host
controlled practice to take place the day prior to the RMT controlled practice
day. If the host opts to host practice the Nationals track and/or layout will not be
run on for a period of 3 days prior to the Host controlled practice day.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So if you want to get any real chance to practice you have to flyout from the west coast the previous Friday, instead of Tuesday night if there was Wednesday practice. So 4 more days of Hotel and rental car. This saves money How? Now I have to take Monday and Tuesday Vacation days as wel. This saves money How?

Roar should just change its name to Radio "Offroad" Auto Racing!!! Not to mention the onroad fuel nationls have been east of Texas for about 5 years in a row now?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
So if you want to get any real chance to practice you have to flyout from the west coast the previous Friday, instead of Tuesday night if there was Wednesday practice. So 4 more days of Hotel and rental car. This saves money How? Now I have to take Monday and Tuesday Vacation days as wel. This saves money How?

Roar should just change its name to Radio "Offroad" Auto Racing!!! Not to mention the onroad fuel nationls have been east of Texas for about 5 years in a row now?
Coming from offroad it has been pretty much the opposite. All of the big stuff normally happens on the west coast with the exception of this year.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

I got my email from Roar, but I still can not see a forum for this topic.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Roar Forum

DJ:
same issue here I get this message

Tod Roman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Let's just all show up Wednesday for practice. It always works out that way anyway.

See everybody Wednesday.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if the Track was run backwards for the state race would that
violate forgass rules?
Old 06-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is what I am thinking, the track is permanent so ROAR has not thought about over the years and hasn’t taken this in consideration that no changes can be made to some permanent facilities? This is an old rule dating back when parking lots is all we had to race on or host Nationals, so changes were easy back then. Run the track backwards to me would not be very fun or worth going to practice and will hurt the entries for the clubs normal race day planned. Another thing, since the track is permanent, one weekend more is not going to help any local racer or someone that has been there 3 or 4 times get much better than they have already since they practice there all the time. This will help the out of state racers go a weekend early and practice for the event to be able to compete better and the ones that choose not to go early, that is there choice. The great drivers are going to shine and a racer like me that suck are still going to suck even if I get to practice two extra days. The bottom line is the pro drivers and some other racers are still going to be fast and adapt to all tracks they race on and there are ones that are not going to adapt or help much at all, but that racing. It is nice sometimes to go early and have no stress for a day or two and make sure things are going well especially racers that do not race less than a handful of times a year. I know some people choose not to go early, or have the time available or even have the luxury, but that is what we choose to put in this form of racing. I do not have the extra money or time but I will make some sacrifices to go early IF POSSIBLE and that is my choice.

Having 150 plus racers for one day of practice is ridiculous, especially with economy the way it is, racers want the extra time on the track to be ready to compete and have fun, not be in misery or they will not come to the ROAR NATS. A little extra time on the track will help racers make a positive decision to come.

LET'S GO RACING AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WED PRACTICE AND LEAVE THE FORGASS RACE AS PLANNED. (NO CHANGES NEEDED).

my2cents

Last edited by YLLIB; 06-07-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: ary
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Doug, how are you going to make this scheduling Change? I try not to pay attention, but are you now on the Excom Committee that makes these changes that at least this on-road group does not favor?

It would be nice to have a Nationals in the West. In order for that to happen a track from the West needs to place a bid. With this current situation, I am not sure a track would want to put up with the hassel and frustrated racers. Also, the current ROAR plan has the hoste track making almost no money.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluer322
if the Track was run backwards for the state race would that
violate forgass rules?
We will not run the track backwards. The track is not safe to do so and can,t be changed.
We have drivers from Canada, Conn.,Georgia and Al. race with us EVERY FORGASS RACE.
I don,t think there will more then 10-15 extra people show up for the FORGASS RACE the weekend before.Of that 10-15 most have already run on this track on the open practice days the Monday before the WINTERNATS the last two years, so they already have a lot of extra track time. There has been drivers from Ca. already
come to race at the track in the last 30 days for extra track time.
This is not saving anyone MONEY. The people that NEED THAT EXTRA DAY ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN THERE BEFORE !!!!!
Not having Wed. practice will most likely make for a very small turnout .
Roar should do everything it can to PROMOTE IT,S BIGGEST RACE not turn people away.

Of the 60-70 FORGASS RACERS that run every race only 20-25 will race the Nats. and most of those are from outside the state of Florida but do race every FORGASS RACE.

Please just give us the extra day of practice on WED.

Jim Rice

FORGASS PRES.

Last edited by jrice; 06-07-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tdr170
DJ:
same issue here I get this message

Tod Roman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I got this message too

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.