Wiki Posts
Search

Sedan Nats Practice

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 07:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sedan Nats Practice

Its getting close now !!!!

The Trinity boys are here this weekend. Joel, Josh, Paul, Andrew and Jim Dieter. Looks like they are getting it together. Going back down tomorrow for some real testing with them - Going to be a fun day. Josh looks the fastest so far with Joel right thier, its Paul and Andrew's first time in a gas sedan.

Only 2 weekends to go !!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

I can't wait to race the nats. My car has been running like crap lately though.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

This really sucks. I was supposed to go but had to go to a wedding instead. I really wanted to be there. Hey Woody, I take it that you live near the track. Have any of the Yok or Associated drivers come out yet. I am curious to see how they are running.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:41 AM
Tech Initiate

I live an hour away but this is our local track. Been racing thier every week since april.

No big drivers from Assoc or Yok has been here yet. We have 2 local Assoc drivers that have been doing real well - Jason Connely and Jacob Delano. Bob VanWagner was here with his Yok a few weeks ago and did real well.

Stupid me - I almost forgot _ Terry Rott - he kicked all of our butts with a NTC3 during the Midwest Series race.

Chris Doseck races here also with his Impulse - doing well also. Rumor is though that he has a new ride starting this week.

Myself not to bad with my NTC3 - usually about 4/5 th in the 1/2 hour "A" mains.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Woody what springs & tires have you been trying. Solid rear axle? I am coming out for the Nats from AZ. I am a Richey sponsoref driver and can't wait to run on that AWESOME track. What gearing have you tried with your Richey motor?
Old 06-14-2002, 12:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Tires - 40 or 45 fronts and 37 or 40 rears seem good. I have also run Red fronts and Dbl purple rears (TRC). Red fronts are great when the bite is high. This weekend I am changing to the new CRC Track Magnets in the F6 and F5 compound on solid white rims - NOT THE YELLOW SPOKE RIM - The yellow rims are typical carpet rubber - red,dbl purp, plaid and purp. The new white rim tires are Elegi (Tredz) style rubber. Not the same rubber however.

Set-up Yellow front spg, Red rear 80 and 60 wt oil.

Gear - bring em all - different motors require diff gears - Currently on 20/48 and 26/54 but not everyone likes the big split from 1st to 2nd.

Camber and caster to suit your driving style

Going down Sat & Sun this weekend and Sat & sun next week Then MONDAY THRU SAT OOOOOWEEEEE !!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2002, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cool, I will be there on Tuesday. Might be able to get a flight out on Monday night but not sure yet. Wish it wasn't a 4 hour flight away so I could get a little more track time.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, since you are on the subject of Tires. There is this place in Hong Kong where I get my Elligi's and Fast Tires. You will pay about $11 or $12 dollars a pair after shipping. Here is the link, check it out and tell me what you think.http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/eshopping/default.htm

I just order 10 pairs of tires for $109 with shipping.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default BallPY Keep us informed!!

That is super cheap. Please come back to these forums and let us know how long it took and etc!! If its all good, I am getting some for my NTC3 as well!!! I am only skeptical as it seems too good to be true!!
Old 06-14-2002, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

It takes a while for you to recieve them, but that is why I order a bunch at a time. I think last time I ordered from there it took about 2.5 weeks to get them, but at that price I can wait. I believe you can choose to have it shipped faster but it is super expensive.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ray, how are ya, Jason Longbrake here, sat next to you last time you came down to CORCAR. Talk to Terance Lam at RCModel, he will hook ya up, I just received 6 sets of fronts and rears in just over a week shipped to Columbus Ohio.

Woody, looks like I will see you at the track sunday. I will keep my eye out for you, you are always keyed in on the fast line.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

I ordered 50 pair from them. $448 total shipped. 25 Fast 45 Shore 26mm Front and 25 Fast 40 Shore 30mm rear. I should have them on Thursday since he mailed them last Thursday and he said that it usually takes 6-7 days by air mail.

Mike Webb
Old 06-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Just recieved my order that is from last week. I ordered 10 pair of Fast Tires and spent $109. This is the best place, well at least the cheapest.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

I am glad that you got yours..... I am just waiting on mine.. He was slow to repond so I was a little worried for a while. BallPy.. where are you from? I live in Ashburn.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

I live in Centreville. I take it that your screen name is the same as your real name. If so I used to race with a Mike Webb at Hobby Hangar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.