Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2 kids looking for some cars >

2 kids looking for some cars

2 kids looking for some cars

Old 11-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2 kids looking for some cars

Well I myself have a electric rustler but want to move into the nitro field with a steet car for speed and just more racing. My friend also wants to get into the sport, he loves the way it looks.
I just wanted to know whats a good car? I think a prebuilt kit because I dont have the money for a kit, engine, radio etc.. now. Any good kit ideas and places to order?

Thanks in advance

(im new to the forum, took me a long time to find a good home.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

team associated nitro tc3.try ebay for cheap ones.

btw,welcome to the forum
Old 11-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

ill look into them, they hard to get broken in or running or anything?
I used to live in singapore, i see your in malaysia, lived in singapore for 6 years, and thanks.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

im not into onroad nitro but if you want new one wait until closer to christmas and get the $25 coupon from www.towerhobbies.com i got fuel glow plugs wrench truck, and shipping for less than the truck itself was listed for w/o s&h
Old 11-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

I havent really looked into trucks excep tfor the savage which looks fun
Old 11-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default If new to it...

If you are still looking and/or not....... try the HPI touring(EVO, SS, RS4 3)....Very sick speed ...Also upgradable for further power. I bought the Rs4 3 and loved it but wanted more power after I got used to the Nitro scene and upgraded the whole car and now this puppy screams..... Might aswell call this puppy the Evo or SS but lighter. Believe me or not but my car could prolly beat most. It handles great, sounds mean, and looks amazing. Easy to break down and clean. After the third time I could do it with my eyes closed. But I will tell you do alot of reading on handling, tuning, care, cleaning, and storage etc etc of Nitro's. Much like babies when first born need alot of care....then after awhile it bares off some.

HPI is reasonably priced too

Besure to break in properly or you will lose out..

Dante`

P.s welcome to NITRO and the forum
Old 11-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

WOuld you have any links to places to buy etc..?
Old 11-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default Glad to see you are interested.....

Your best bet it to go to hpiracing.com....click on USA or which ever country you are in...and scope out the cars link...Read up on the specs and capabilities of each car` pick your likings and then go to Ebay.com and search for the cheapest seller. To ship something like that it shouldn't cost most than 20 dollars depending on whats included so watch out for rippers. If you go to any hobby shop online or in local hobby shop it may run you 50-100 more for a car and that may or may not inlcude the radio. Look for NIB RTR, and make sure radio and servos are included. EVO or SS will be more your way to go unless you want to do things the way I did. Then RS4 3 is a great car...then hop up later.

Also check out Rcboyz.com
They are a online hobby shop and they have pretty much everthing you will ever need at a great price(no lie) and ships super fast.

Dante`

P.s dont get me wrong EVO and SS are upgradable aswell, its just I like to do it myself...so I know wht I did to it. Heres a pic of the beast....it has the:
2 speed
aluminum header
upgraded front springs
lightweight chassis, and now but not in this pic the HB 12 engine(super quick)
Attached Thumbnails 2 kids looking for some cars-lilnitrobro-3-.jpg  
Old 11-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default OK sweet

Heres your best bet:
Check out hpiracing.com and scope out the touring cars link and check out the specs and capablitlies of each car that tickles your fancy.

Then go to ebay.com and search for that specific car(s) first try Hpi Nitro Rs4 3 Evo RTR, HPI Nitro Rs4 3 SS RTR, or just HPI Nitro RS4 3 RTR. If you are looking for new then type in NIB in the search aswell. Watch out for people who rip off on shipping, I bought one and it didnt cost but 15-20 dollars to ship.

EVO or SS are probably the car you re looking for, unless you like my idea and get the RS4 3 and hop up later....I chose that way cause I like to know and see what I do to my beasts. I have found them on ebay anywhere from 250-300 which may or may not include shipping....CHECK SHIPPING COSTES AND FEEDBACK THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN AND RECEIVED.

Also besured to check if the radio and servos are include...you will need those lol.

Dante`

P.s if you go this route let me know and maybe if you want I can help hop it up...I have had experience with it...bad and good lol I have learn my lessons.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

AH! pic isnt loading for me poo
but im lookin and readin on those sites, i really want one for christmas or after for better deals, this looks to be super fun, most hobby shops local charge way to much ex. hobby town usa, wow they charge alot
Old 11-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try a kyosho V1S they are the best stock kit car
Old 11-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default 2NTC3's

Sonic,I might be able to help you.If your interested,I have 2 NTC3's I might be selling.Bought them(1 for me,1 for my son)and only used them about 3-4 times.Built and ready to go.You'll just need radio gear for them.Have some spare parts too.LMK by PM or email me at [email protected] if you guys are interested.Mario.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

do you have any pics of them?
Old 11-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default pics

Can get pics tonight.Pm me your email and I'll send them direct to you.Mario.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

sent a PM mario

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.