New Efra rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Efra rules

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Lord

True that clubs may not apply for such races but then we rule out many possibilities...

And beside that all, no club or driver has made a proposal for a control tire. A large majority of the Dutch drivers and clubs has chosen to allow tire treatment. Until now we are pretty sure the atmosphere is positive again while everyone has the choise of brand and, reseller of the tires and the choice of using tire treatment or no tire treatment.

We can remain argue about this but within Europe the thoughts about which way to go are different.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
True that clubs may not apply for such races but then we rule out many possibilities...

And beside that all, no club or driver has made a proposal for a control tire. A large majority of the Dutch drivers and clubs has chosen to allow tire treatment. Until now we are pretty sure the atmosphere is positive again while everyone has the choise of brand and, reseller of the tires and the choice of using tire treatment or no tire treatment.

We can remain argue about this but within Europe the thoughts about which way to go are different.
Then why are we having this discussion here?

If Holland has chosen to go this way, then it's a totally mute point to discuss the pro and contra of the control tires in other places, right?

It's also mute to argue against the EFRA rules if they don't apply for your national races.

We run our regional races without control tires, but our nationals with control tires.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Lord

I only want to say that although drivers like to have a control tyres they sometimes do not care about the effort which is needed to do it right.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
I only want to say that although drivers like to have a control tyres they sometimes do not care about the effort which is needed to do it right.
And I say it again, there was no great effort behind it. Everybody worked together and made it easy. It was well planned and executed.

Track, tire supplier and EFRA did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:12 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
We run our regional races without control tires, but our nationals with control tires.
The german nationals, is a 1 weekend event isn't it?

Then your regionals are comparable with our nationals, and I'm pretty sure additive is used in you regionals, or not?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
The german nationals, is a 1 weekend event isn't it?

Then your regionals are comparable with our nationals, and I'm pretty sure additive is used in you regionals, or not?
No additives at the regionals except for cheaters.

What is it with you dutch guys and additives?

I thought only the Italians were too lazy to setup a car and need additives, but obviously you do too.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:19 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

No additives at the regionals except for cheaters.
Ok, that's clear then.
What is it with you dutch guys and additives?

I thought only the Italians were too lazy to setup a car and need additives, but obviously you do too.
I have a very good set-up in my car, but when I then put on prepared tires, I am 0.5sec faster a lap....

We are not that lazy , but we are sick and tired of the atmosphere cheaters created.....
Old 05-29-2013, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How big is the noise diference to a regular pipe?

Is there a video anywhere with that pipe to hear the sound?

I think this is a great development from Hipex.

Even their regular 2069 on an 8th scale care is so much quieter than the old pipes...
Someone brought a Hipex pipe for 8th scale over to our Nationals last year, took some time to get around to it, but one guy tested it, was amazing how quiet it was compared to a normal 8th pipe, like disturbing in that it was quieter than say a controlled 1HP 10th scale class we run with OS TG12 motors.

Sounds the like first trial of the controlled tyres went well, I'm personally a fan of the idea, always have been, so good on EFRA for doing it.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:21 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

How big is the noise diference to a regular pipe?

Is there a video anywhere with that pipe to hear the sound?
As you can see in the video Roelof posted, we tested the Hipex 2095 8th scale pipe in November of last year. (It's me driving that car)
Max Db on our test set-up, was around 83 Db.

Driving with regular pipes will give a measurement of around 92-93 Db.....

Last nationals, there where 3 (MACH) drivers who did run with these pipes, and you could clearly hear the very big difference it makes in the noise level!....